Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

74-89

May 2, 2014
Mega update indeed! I'm stunned. All of the new effects seem to be working and not causing any play problems on an S4 with 4.3 and I have to admit this one scared me a little. I hope that my device can continue to keep up with Zaccaria Pinball until I can manage to buy a new tablet. Confirmed crash on first entry of Space Shuttle but fine on re-entry. Another table crashed once but I forgot which one.

Moon Flight is neat-o! LED Mod is nifty. Glow FX is otherworldly. Motion blur is trippy.

It's all too much... Thank you for the update :)

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
My Galaxy 12.2 tablet doesn't seem to be fast enough to run the game with the new reflection and glow FX enabled. Even with all the new effects turned off, I also had to turn off Metal FX to get the framerate as glassy smooth as I remember it being in the previous version (and in that version I kept Metal FX turned on).

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the new reflection effect on the surface of the ball itself. It looks nice, but maybe that's what's lowering performance versus the previous version?

The colored LED option is kind of fun. The lighting overall seems a bit smoother looking now, although maybe I'm just imagining that. The new flipper physics are a big improvement! Oh and being able to turn off the Game Time text pop-up is much appreciated. : ))

There are some new stray lightmap oddities on various tables now, particularly visible around the flippers.

Last edited:

Indy99

May 24, 2013
My Nexus 7 2013 is having frame rate issues with the new options turned on. Hopefully there will be some performance tweeks coming. In the meantime, I'll play. Around to find the best combination of options. Love my N7, but maybe its time to go Shield...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Zsolt...first off, I'm really enjoying the new update. Everything looks and plays great. I do have a question though before I start giving my feedback on how the table lighting sequences are scripted. I've been studying a lot of Zaccaria pinball footage lately and have noticed that the GI lighting and light sequences don't match that of the real table. For example, a certain table might have the slingshot plastics lit at all times on the real table but on your version, the slingshot plastics only light when the slingshots are hit. My question is...are you looking to replicate the real tables as close as possible or are you going for a more flashy tweaked version to add atmosphere to you digital versions?

Please let me know where you stand on this so I know if I should provide feedback on how the real tables look and play or just sit back and enjoy your tweaked tables (which are awesome by the way).

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt...first off, I'm really enjoying the new update. Everything looks and plays great. I do have a question though before I start giving my feedback on how the table lighting sequences are scripted. I've been studying a lot of Zaccaria pinball footage lately and have noticed that the GI lighting and light sequences don't match that of the real table. For example, a certain table might have the slingshot plastics lit at all times on the real table but on your version, the slingshot plastics only light when the slingshots are hit. My question is...are you looking to replicate the real tables as close as possible or are you going for a more flashy tweaked version to add atmosphere to you digital versions?

Please let me know where you stand on this so I know if I should provide feedback on how the real tables look and play or just sit back and enjoy your tweaked tables (which are awesome by the way).
Thanks for your opinion. We want to replicate lights of real tables. I already got feedback about wrong slingshot lights and fixed them. In theory I have night pictures about almost every table, so I'm also going to check it.

Last edited:

Spud

Jul 14, 2013
I tried pinball champ and the left ramp still drained both times I hit it. It was listed as a fix in this update.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I tried pinball champ and the left ramp still drained both times I hit it. It was listed as a fix in this update.
Yeah you are right! Thanks for your remark. Some this fix is left of the update. The next one will include it.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
couple more items.

1) when the ball enters one of the holes in the table (future world for example), the balls goes into total shadow, almost becoming invisible. Doesn't look right to me.
2) For most tables, when plunging the ball, the ball is in total darkness, so difficult to see (even on the light option).
3) Since the flipper physics changes I am am occasionally having a non responsive flipper for one touch only. I use touch screen. Anyone else seen this?

the sound effects are brilliant. Love them - especially now we can increase ball rolling sound in options.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
18600db6b6.jpg

this is a problem on all tables. The area highlighted above, 3-4 lines appear, when table scrolls these lines cause anti aliasing problems and are very distracting to play.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
A quick update is going to be send to Google Play for review. Update v3.4.1 includes fine-tuned object reflections for first 14 tables, some performance optimization and a major bug fix that caused crash on some devices. Also brings the following changes:

ADDED a new on/off menu point in the Graphics Settings, DYNAMIC LIGHT OF FLIPPER AND BALL.
MODIFIED vent of holes to sit easier on AEROBATICS, WINTER SPORTS and POOL CHAMPION.
FIXED lightmap that had a wrong reflection to front cover on MYSTIC STAR.
FIXED base rhythm sound effect that was played twice in some cases on BLACKBELT.
MODIFIED metal sticks at outlanes that save ball more often this way on WINTER SPORTS.
FIXED left lane that led the ball to outline not inlane on PINBALL CHAMP '82.

p.s.: Moderator, could you please rename this thread to "Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.1 [iOS/Android]"? Thank you!

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Zsolt, this is from the Strike thread:

If3LiF.jpg

Thanks! This is a common issue and caused by the effect that make flipper lighter and darker. I hope we will be able to fix as soon as possible.

I realized tonight that the shadow lines are actually left by the ball as it passes over the playfield; the ball does not leave shadow trails on all tables (it does not leave visible trails on Future World, for instance), but it does on others, such as Strike and Moon Flight; on tables where the problem occurs, playing for a while will leave dark shadows across large portions of the playfield. Was that the common issue you already found?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, this is from the Strike thread:

If3LiF.jpg

I realized tonight that the shadow lines are actually left by the ball as it passes over the playfield; the ball does not leave shadow trails on all tables (it does not leave visible trails on Future World, for instance), but it does on others, such as Strike and Moon Flight; on tables where the problem occurs, playing for a while will leave dark shadows across large portions of the playfield. Was that the common issue you already found?
Yes, that was.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Zsolt: can you please explain what the 'Flipper tap pass' slider does? I'm pretty sure the flipper physics is better*, and I've been experimenting with tap / post passes, and they sometimes work, but I can't figure out what the setting is actually changing...

Cheers.

* edit: which is awesome, by the way. It's already very playable with the new physics, but getting advanced flipper techniques and nudging properly implemented would make it truly amazing!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.