Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It was submitted at the same time as the Android version, last Tuesday I believe. It might appear by the end of next week.

Not according to what Zsolt posted on the 31st:

The new update for Android has been sent to review and should be available after some hours. We have tested new features on 7 different devices, including Tegra 3, Andreno and PowerVR. As we experienced various effects run different speed on each devices. Some of these features will be tuned of course. The new effects are turned off default, so the game should be able to run at the same speed as before. Go to graphics settings to see new features. All new features are free to everybody. :) Also thanks to your bug reports a Free Cam feature has been implemented too!

iOS port will be sent to review in 2 days. If you find any critical issue till that time then those will be fixed.

Thanks for your support!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Great update with some really nice additions. Can't use a lot of new features with my Nexus 7 2012 but didn't expect to be able to. One thing I really don't like is the huge text and large icons in the menus. Reminds me of Windows 3.1. Please can be have an option to have the old small menus back. Much cleaner and more elagent.

Also the ability to lock the top camera would be ideal.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Another solid update. Zsolt...if you don't mind, can you please update the flipper shadows to look and act more realistically? They stick out like a sore thumb now with all the visual enhancements that have been added lately. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Agree about flipper shadows I find them distracting. I'd actually prefer no shadows. Don't feel they add much to be honest

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the new patch is great. Awesome how quickly you can make fixes and add features. Testament to your code and skills.

Apart from the Space Shuttle black screen, the previous graphical glitches I reported all appear to have been resolved. Thanks.

The eject holes seem quite aggressive now but I'm sure I will get used to them.

Love how difficult the tables are and I love the sound affects. Keep up the good work.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Nice incremental update!

Minor suggestion: for those of us paranoid about performance tweaking of all the new graphical settings, it would be useful to have an option to display a framerate counter.

Edit: Ooh, and an option to turn off the Load screens, so the game goes directly to the 3D table after selecting it from the main menu.

Last edited:

darwould

Mar 2, 2014
My Nexus 7 2013 is having frame rate issues with the new options turned on. Hopefully there will be some performance tweeks coming. In the meantime, I'll play. Around to find the best combination of options. Love my N7, but maybe its time to go Shield...

Some frame rate issues with the shield as well so I think some tuning will be needed. I can turn some of the new eye candy on but if I load it up play is not smooth.great update though.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
One thing I really don't like, apologies for this, but I get horrendous flipper lag. Both devices I use before and after the update, even with everything possible disabled. Sony Xperia z3 compact and Google nexus 7 2nd generation 32gb tablet. What gives? Anyone else got this?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Strange. I get no I lag on my older N7. Bit extreme but reinstall nexus from scratch with new ROM. Install zacarria before anything else and go from there :)

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
Have we had any confirmation as to whether the IOS update has been submitted, I know Zsolt mentioned it would be submitted 2 days after the Android one but nothing since? just cannot wait to play with all the new goodness :)

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
One thing I really don't like, apologies for this, but I get horrendous flipper lag. Both devices I use before and after the update, even with everything possible disabled. Sony Xperia z3 compact and Google nexus 7 2nd generation 32gb tablet. What gives? Anyone else got this?

Yup, I've experienced flipper lag on every device I've tried. I've played with the settings but it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. It's quite annoying but I try to tolerate it.

Agree about flipper shadows I find them distracting. I'd actually prefer no shadows. Don't feel they add much to be honest

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I feel the current flipper shadows detract from the game and I'd rather not have them at all.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Have we had any confirmation as to whether the IOS update has been submitted, I know Zsolt mentioned it would be submitted 2 days after the Android one but nothing since? just cannot wait to play with all the new goodness :)

My guess is that they delayed it after they got the bug reports from the android users. Fix the known issues for both then release.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
UPDATE v3.4.2 is about to send for review. Here is the change log:

ADDITIONAL OPTIMIZATION that makes significant performance boost.
ADDED an FPS counter to graphics settings.
ADDED a new feature, RENDER QUALITY that makes better performance. A lower setting boots performance very much.
REDRAWN playfield art for LOCOMOTION.
FIXED instruction and information cards of front cover on SOCCER KINGS and TIME MACHINE.
FINE-TUNED right gun lane to avoid get incorrect force on COMBAT.
FINE-TUNED metal sticks at outlanes to save more balls on COMBAT.
FIXED wrong information (MPU: MPU AS-2518) on load screen of MYSTIC STAR.
FIXED wrong information (MPU: Generation 2) on load screen of SOCCER KINGS.
FIXED missing sensor lamps which award 100 points on CIRCUS.
UPDATED reflection objects for all the tables.
FINE-TUNED light and dark lightmaps on STAR GOD.
FIXED right ramp where the ball stuck on STAR'S PHOENIX.
FIXED wrong objects that caused black/flickering playfield on SPACE SHUTTLE.
FIXED missing used textures on MOON FLIGHT.
FIXED top left hole that had kickout delay in some cases on CLOWN.

After this iOS update will be coming!

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Renewed Locomotion playfield art:
348p11z.jpg

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the heads up Zsolt. By the way, any word on updating the flipper shadows or at least giving us the option to disable them?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
There is a Grafik bug around the flippers in table moon flight please have a look (it looks like missing transparent/like a shadow)

fd673dc395b2967fcd99f73a09d9ba9a.jpg

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
BUG? Does I'm right, that the google play Goal for an extraball/bonusball is still not given?
5db57849d25a1e0ad4fd87b79a275697.jpg

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.1 [iOS/Android]

UPDATE v3.4.2 is about to send for review. Here is the change log:

ADDITIONAL OPTIMIZATION that makes significant performance boost.
ADDED an FPS counter to graphics settings.
ADDED a new feature, RENDER QUALITY that makes better performance. A lower setting boots performance very much.
REDRAWN playfield art for LOCOMOTION.
FIXED instruction and information cards of front cover on SOCCER KINGS and TIME MACHINE.
FINE-TUNED right gun lane to avoid get incorrect force on COMBAT.
FINE-TUNED metal sticks at outlanes to save more balls on COMBAT.
FIXED wrong information (MPU: MPU AS-2518) on load screen of MYSTIC STAR.
FIXED wrong information (MPU: Generation 2) on load screen of SOCCER KINGS.
FIXED missing sensor lamps which award 100 points on CIRCUS.
UPDATED reflection objects for all the tables.
FINE-TUNED light and dark lightmaps on STAR GOD.
FIXED right ramp where the ball stuck on STAR'S PHOENIX.
FIXED wrong objects that caused black/flickering playfield on SPACE SHUTTLE.
FIXED missing used textures on MOON FLIGHT.
FIXED top left hole that had kickout delay in some cases on CLOWN.

After this iOS update will be coming!

A Big Thumbs Up Zsolt !!, will the IOS update which follows include the fixes for recent issues we found ?

And thanks alot for the redrawn playfield art for the Locomotion table man, looks good

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts