Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Baron I thought you could already turn off bonus message. Let me check and report back.
Not just the message - turn off 'Game Time Bonus' completely so you just have 3 balls and game over, with no countdown.
You can turn it off on a real Zacc.

Would just be a good addition if possible.

night

May 18, 2012
+1 for the gametime bonus 'disable' option. If this can be done on a real Zacc then it would be great to have this option as well.

+1 for lowering the slingshot and bump power on Pinball Champ!

Perhaps more custom physic slots (just like the extra slots we have in the custom cam mode). Let's say, 3 custom physics slots. It would make experiments with different settings a lot better.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Good idea night!

Zsolt - these are just suggestions. If the app never got another update again, I'd still be immensely happy with it. :)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Slings and bumpers are more powerful in 'Pinball Champ 82' than other tables in app, which makes physics tuning inconsistent.

Future Feature request 1 - option to turn off 'Game Time Bonus' which can be done on a real table, and is operator setting no31.
I just find it annoying personally and have seen quite a few reviews post the same.
I'd sooner just have 3 balls

Feature request 2 - mono sound option through headphones. Don't know if this is possible.

Feature request 3 - option to save, export import physics settings.

Just suggestions if possible. Thanks again.
Thanks, great ideas! Noted!

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Farfalla has lag/stuttering issues on the iPad2 since the last update. Settings: no background, no particles, glass 'clear' with glass reflextion 'on'. All the new graphic options are set to 'off' (glow/table reflection/motion blur are off).

I am actually getting better performance with this last update on iPad 2. I'm no longer seeing any stutter. And I'm using the new dynamic ball lighting. It appears I'm using the same settings as you except that I have glass turned off. Also, I use Arcade physics if that makes a difference.

night

May 18, 2012
I am actually getting better performance with this last update on iPad 2. I'm no longer seeing any stutter. And I'm using the new dynamic ball lighting. It appears I'm using the same settings as you except that I have glass turned off. Also, I use Arcade physics if that makes a difference.

It works, thanks. What's even more odd is that when I switch back to clean glass with glass reflections again, it keep on working well, so it now seems good and solved..(?) Ok, so far so good.
(Not a fan of dynamic ball lighting btw, just gave it a try).

Btw, did you know; Arcade physics will narrow the flipper gap!

night

May 18, 2012
It seems that Farfalla is somehow the most resource eating table. Also on the iPhone6 where I added some glow fx, works good on tables like Combat for example, but Farfalla starts to stutter.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
It works, thanks. What's even more odd is that when I switch back to clean glass with glass reflections again, it keep on working well, so it now seems good and solved..(?) Ok, so far so good.
(Not a fan of dynamic ball lighting btw, just gave it a try).

Btw, did you know; Arcade physics will narrow the flipper gap!

I'm glad that worked for you. I was worried that my iPad wouldn't be able to handle the new update. I was thrilled to see that it played even better.

Yesterday I set up my custom settings to mirror the Arcade settings, just so that I could switch to the smaller flippers and to be able to adjust the flipper tap setting while retaining the Arcade physics which I like. Before I made that change, I tried out your physics settings, and really liked them for some tables where the ball needed a bit more weight. But they were so different from what I was used to on other tables that I went back to Arcade. I can see a need to have physics settings unique to each table, like we can do with the lighting adjustments.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
It seems that Farfalla is somehow the most resource eating table. Also on the iPhone6 where I added some glow fx, works good on tables like Combat for example, but Farfalla starts to stutter.

Before this last update, my iPad struggled the most with Robot.

night

May 18, 2012
Moon Flight has wrong bumpers! They should be like this:

image-18.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys, i just would like to know, am i the only one having this annoying issue ?

When the ball hits the slings it frequently doesnt get kicked back into the playfield, but just falls down to the flippers, and because im not always prepared for this unusual behaviour i lose my ball.

Another situation is, the ball hits the sling, gets kicked back on really low energy, falls back on the sling and gets kicked again,

This is happening just too many times imo and occurs on all tables in all three physics game modes.

Are you guys having the same issue ? and if so are you comfortable with this ?

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Hi guys, i just would like to know, am i the only one having this annoying issue ?

When the ball hits the slings it frequently doesnt get kicked back into the playfield, but just falls down to the flippers, and because im not always prepared for this unusual behaviour i lose my ball.

Another situation is, the ball hits the sling, gets kicked back on really low energy, falls back on the sling and gets kicked again,

This is happening just too many times imo and occurs on all tables in all three physics game modes.

Yes, you are right, the slings do not always behave like they should be. Perhaps this has to do with certain sensivity settings behind the scenes, when the ball hits the slings at a certain angle or speed. A tweak is needed here. I don't know if this is caused by the same issue but I have always disliked the sling behaviour in the upper right corner of Robot.

Indy99

May 24, 2013

I have always noticed strange behavior on the slings as well. I have never played a real Zacc so I don't really know how they should behave, but I have always thought that there was a problem. The main problem i see is what you reported, the ball just sort of dropping down like the sling did not activate.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yes, you are right, the slings do not always behave like they should be. Perhaps this has to do with certain sensivity settings behind the scenes, when the ball hits the slings at a certain angle or speed. A tweak is needed here. I don't know if this is caused by the same issue but I have always disliked the sling behaviour in the upper right corner of Robot.

Yes i agree man, besides this behaviour on all slings on the lowerhand of all tables it behaves the same way on the upper right sling of robot and also on the upper slings of stargod.

I reported this issue earlier to Zsolt and he posted that he made some changes to fix this issue, but unfortunately its still happening.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Is it not behaving like a real slingshot would?
The mechanism is a taught rubber band with a central kicker, so a ball hitting central on the sling would receive the biggest force back, whearas a ball touching towards the post end would have almost just the bounce from the rubber, as force graduates lower the further away from the central kicker.

db5370f9fcd940594d27cda9d526ea0e.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
The mechanism is a taught rubber band with a central kicker, so a ball hitting central on the sling would receive the biggest force back, whearas a ball touching towards the post end would have almost just the bounce from the rubber, as force graduates lower the further away from the central kicker.

db5370f9fcd940594d27cda9d526ea0e.jpg

Yes agreed baron, but even when the ball hits the sling at the center its supposed get kicked back with the biggest force, but this issue also occurs at this spot, and it occurs a lot imo.

Indy99

May 24, 2013

That is exactly why I never brought up the issue as I dont know how it is suppused to act. I would describe the behavior I see as maybe there should be a little more force on the top and bottom of the slings. Its almost like the sling is really weak, except for a more central hit. I do like how the hits to the top and bottom are less force (just to much so) as in contrast to TPA where it seems like a hit anywhere on the sling will yield identical results force-wise.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've had the occasional one that catches me out as you report with a weak sling back myself, but another factor to think about is angle it strikes the sling at in addition to position on the sling.
A shallow angle central hit would have less return force expected than a full on 90deg central hit.

Members online

Members online