Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
That is exactly why I never brought up the issue as I dont know how it is suppused to act. I would describe the behavior I see as maybe there should be a little more force on the top and bottom of the slings. Its almost like the sling is really weak, except for a more central hit. I do like how the hits to the top and bottom are less force (just to much so) as in contrast to TPA where it seems like a hit anywhere on the sling will yield identical results force-wise.

TPA has comedy sling physics in comparison. I've seen it gently graze the very tip of the slingshot and shoot vertically upwards with magical force as if the post is powered.

I think maybe a little sensitivity tuning might fix the reported issue in Zacc.
It didn't bother me personally, felt quite real to me.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I prefer an occasional physics glitch too if pushed.
Farsight have such railroad physics it feels very fake. There was a physics path in Starship Troopers where if you put the ball in the left saucer, when it spat out, it took the same path of 3 slingshot ricochets and repeatedly went back in the saucer for 10 minutes continuously. I have a you tube clip.

Starship Troopers bug: https://youtu.be/IFSRQKTqFEU

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
To come back on my post after the update, I checked every table, so far all relfections (glass, ball and playfield) work great on the iPad2, except for Farfalla.

I also played with all the new glow settings. (Most of them cause lag/stuttering more or less on my device).
My respect to ASK for all the hard work they have done on this update. I personally don't like the glow effects. My problem with them is that they cause blown highlights on a lot of tables and this looses details. It also causes a weird overall effect when the camera moves over the playfield. Most satisfying setting I found was a glow of 6% with the intensity on 50%, just a little bit. The option for glow on the lamps I find hardly visible. I can't tell what's happening when motion blur is activated, it first makes the whole screen a bit darker, and I can't see any difference, but this might be caused by the limitations of my hardware. The dynamic light on the flippers and ball is not my thing either, I like the flippers and ball to be clean in color and more bright. It's great it's there but so far not for me. I prefer a cleaner look and all these glows seems to drench everything in an atmospheric dreamy blur. This all might sound a bit negative, but I just see this as a personal preference and I think a lot of people will like these settings. I think without the glows Zaccaria is already an eye candy!

Overall I am VERY happy with the new playfield reflections!! They really add depth and realism to the tables.
Again my respect and compliments to ASK, again a step forward.

Last edited:

Indy99

May 24, 2013
That is the beauty of Zacc, its so customizable. I too use a very low glow setting. Having sliders for everything is so nice. If your willing to spend a bit of time with them, you can customize things to your personal preferences. I am still blown away with what they accomplished with their engine.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I mostly agree with night on the new graphics settings on the iPad2. Mine struggles with the reflections set to realistic, but otherwise it seems to handle them pretty well. My personal preference is to use the ball reflection setting only. I'm not a big fan of effects that obscure the table graphics, so I also go without the glass effects.

Unlike night, I really like the dynamic lighting on the ball. It is so much easier to see, and I think it looks great. I'm surprised that my oldish iPad can keep up with the computations necessary to render the reflections in the ball so quickly. The yellowing of the flippers on some tables didn't appeal to me at first, but I'm over it now.

My only criticism of the dynamic ball lighting is that it doesn't work well with the method ASK uses to shade the ball when it settles into a cup. It's particularly unpleasant on the right cup in Future World, where it turns solid black. I never noticed this effect before, but now it stands out on just about every cup.

I want to compliment Zsolt and ASK on a stellar pinball sim! This reminds me that it's time to go back to the App Store and give them another great review since my last one got wiped out with the new update.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Hey Zsolt, are you at liberty to confirm what the next EM will be released next? Need something to cheer me up today! :)

Thanks in advance.

R

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt just want to mention that the "dont show this message again" button wasnt added to the game time bonus screen.

And about the physics of the slingshots, can you please check them because they still act unnatural sometimes, regularly the ball drops dead on them and falls down to the flippers, even when the ball hits it straight at the center with a 90 degrees angle,

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt just want to mention that the "dont show this message again" button wasnt added to the game time bonus screen.

And about the physics of the slingshots, can you please check them because they still act unnatural sometimes, regularly the ball drops dead on them and falls down to the flippers, even when the ball hits it straight at the center with a 90 degrees angle,
There is a 'Disable Info' switch in the Game Settings that controls Game Time Bonus info screen.

We will check slingshot shoot issue!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It's been a while since I've posted but I wanted to make a comment on the latest update to the Zaccaria app. Longtime users have seen the physics go from crap to decent to, well, just plain weird. One of the biggest issues was the flipper physics and targeting shots. It seems that this latest revision has made a tremendous leap in the RIGHT direction. Perfect example is I can make the ramp shot on ROBOT when I want to. If nothing else is ever done to the physics engine, I can say I'd be fine with that.

Regarding the new lighting effects...fantastic. Very cool and fun to play around with. No performance issues on my end. Once again, thank you, ASK Homework, for this wonderful digital recreation.

Playing on an iPad Mini Retina and iPhone 5s.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
IOS users - don't forget to rate and review Zaccaria in the App Store. Each update wipes out the previous reviews. Give 'Em some love!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
IOS users - don't forget to rate and review Zaccaria in the App Store. Each update wipes out the previous reviews. Give 'Em some love!
It's kind of the same on Android as well. Your text doesn't get deleted, but the classifier under your star rating changes from "latest version" to "from an older release".

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It's kind of the same on Android as well. Your text doesn't get deleted, but the classifier under your star rating changes from "latest version" to "from an older release".
We are all just basically heading towards being 'from an older release'. ☺
Grow old disgracefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.