Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Hi everyone. I've tried night's physics settings and it's so slow, like playing in treacle but there's some aspects of them I like. What's the best way to increase 'zip'? I also still have really bad flipper lag, nexus 7 2nd generation tablet.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi everyone. I've tried night's physics settings and it's so slow, like playing in treacle but there's some aspects of them I like. What's the best way to increase 'zip'? I also still have really bad flipper lag, nexus 7 2nd generation tablet.
Re flipper lag, turn up the 'rolling tap pass' setting. This will speed up response time if preferred.

RE Speed of ball. Turn up 'ball velocity' and increase 'playfield tilt' to increase speed.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt When playing in Custom Game Mode and with the Flipper Size selected to Arcade, the flippergap on all tables should be Narrow Sized, but unfortunately this is not the case.

When Flipper Size Arcade is selected in Custom Game Mode, for example the four depicted tables below show the difference in size.
The first two tables are showing the correct (narrow) gap.
Moonflight :
31aee7956d7f858c7a8527f46c2bd1f1.jpg

Combat :
a25dd1c23ac8dc28c2fc03e9dbd62cdd.jpg

And the two tables below here are showing a wider gap.
Space Shuttle :
b77c68f3fdadb643ce7c6c5bcfadc56d.jpg

Fire Mountain :
31b6beb7a9e43e955bf35d1d0170df34.jpg

These are two examples but there are more tables which have this wider gap issue when switched on Arcade flipper size, so its maybe good to check the flippergap on all tables.

Also, i clearly notice a difference in ball behaviour on different tables when playing in Custom Game Mode, for example, the ball on the Clown table is more drifting and feels much lighter compared to for example on Moonflight.

I also notice a flipperlag on certain tables in custom mode (flipper tap pass on 100%) for example on the Space Shuttle table.

Zsolt is there a possibility to tune the physics in custom mode in a way that all tables are responding equally the same way to the settings ? this would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone heard anything about the next update?
The next update is under development. We have fixed numerous fixes as always, as well as some new features have been implemented. These new features "eat" too much resources, so additional optimizations are needed to keep the same running speed as previous build. These works need some time, for example some shaders have to be re-written. We hope these we will be able to finish these change in a week.

Meantime our graphics artist has re-drawn textures for all cabinets and some playfields, so these elements will be better too.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The next update is under development. We have fixed numerous fixes as always, as well as some new features have been implemented. These new features "eat" too much resources, so additional optimizations are needed to keep the same running speed as previous build. These works need some time, for example some shaders have to be re-written. We hope these we will be able to finish these change in a week.

Meantime our graphics artist has re-drawn textures for all cabinets and some playfields, so these elements will be better too.

Very nice!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
If it never changed again, I'd still be delighted with this app, but I have to admit, I can't wait for the editor to arrive. 😊
Excited but patient.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I bet we get Woods Queen next. I think Zsolt listed them in release order on the EM tables still to come thread. I bet Zsolt will tell us but speculation is fun until then.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
These are two examples but there are more tables which have this wider gap issue when switched on Arcade flipper size, so its maybe good to check the flippergap on all tables.
Thanks, this is a great idea! Anyway I checked Moon Flight and Combat and I think those have bad arcade gap because the ball can't leave the playfield between them if both flippers are up. I think the first 4-5 tables have the correct gap sizes, so they will be the base setting for me while I will check the other tables.

Also, i clearly notice a difference in ball behaviour on different tables when playing in Custom Game Mode, for example, the ball on the Clown table is more drifting and feels much lighter compared to for example on Moonflight.

I also notice a flipperlag on certain tables in custom mode (flipper tap pass on 100%) for example on the Space Shuttle table.

Zsolt is there a possibility to tune the physics in custom mode in a way that all tables are responding equally the same way to the settings ? this would be very much appreciated.
Interesting feedback. Do you experience this strange behavior since the last update?

74-89

May 2, 2014
Thanks, this is a great idea! Anyway I checked Moon Flight and Combat and I think those have bad arcade gap because the ball can't leave the playfield between them if both flippers are up. I think the first 4-5 tables have the correct gap sizes, so they will be the base setting for me while I will check the other tables.

I agree with Flipper. Space Shuttle flipper gap too wide in Arcade mode renders this game nearly unplayable, hands down the most difficult game of the collection as it stands. Fire Mountain is almost as severe and also very difficult. Both when set to arcade look more like Sim mode.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks, this is a great idea! Anyway I checked Moon Flight and Combat and I think those have bad arcade gap because the ball can't leave the playfield between them if both flippers are up. I think the first 4-5 tables have the correct gap sizes, so they will be the base setting for me while I will check the other

The flippergap size on for example the Devil Riders table seems to have the correct arcade size, because indeed theres quite enough room for the ball to exit through them when both flippers are up.

Interesting feedback. Do you experience this strange behavior since the last update?

Im not sure because i play in custom game mode sinds the last couple of weeks now.

Last edited:

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
After playing with various settings I am in agreement that some attention needs to be paid to the physics and how they are on different tables. Some tables seem to have pretty solid physics like Combat and Circus. Others are virtually impossible to get a good score like Mystic Star and Space Shuttle. I narrowed this down to the ball energy near the flippers and the slingshots. Also some of the lower play field items such as drop targets and the bumpers. The ball is just too anemic in those areas. Energy drops off way to much. While it can be nudged back into play much of the time, the game becomes just keeping it from draining rather than scoring points. The ball travels down from the upper playing field to the lower playing field with reasonable speed and energy, hits something and suddenly loses its energy. The flippers have so much lag even at 100% that it is often impossible to regain the energy. A couple of nudges, a few saves, no change in energy and eventually drain! Changes in the physics help some, but there is very little middle ground so it goes from lower energy physics to like a super-ball. Mind you, not all tables are like this. Some appear to be well tuned and don't suffer this problem as much. I would not be opposed to an update that really focuses on fine tuning these tables. Given all of the interest, I am sure that there would be plenty of play testers. I think that working out these physics issues would easily put this on the level with TPA.

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
Another thing that would be nice is not having flipper engage during a tap nudge. I use finger tap nudge and it engages the flipper when it is tapped for a nudge. This causes many unnecessary drains. This needs to be changed. Also, it appears flipper tap passing was achieved by artificially delaying the flipper when engaged. In real pinball, this is done by briefly tapping the flipper buttons. Does the advantage of flipper tap passing justify modifying flipper response time differently than it would be on a real table? Even when I adjust it to 100%, there still appears to be some lag. It has been several years since I played a real pinball table so maybe and i am just lying touch with how a real table plays?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I agree. I haven't played ever since the introduction of the lag in the flippers. Even at 100% it's still there. Also, nudging the table still moves the ball the wrong direction.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I agree. I haven't played ever since the introduction of the lag in the flippers. Even at 100% it's still there. Also, nudging the table still moves the ball the wrong direction.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the new update takes care of the flipper lag at least.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
What about the next update !! ? the last one starts to be updated ! lol ..... just a conment ....I bought The Pinball Arcade on disc on PS4 , and I ask myself , how can Zaccs pin collection have better graphics and illumination it's beyound ( .... ? ) I didn't find a word to fit ! well , amazing work from A.S.K Team !!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.