Zaccaria Pinball - PC Steam beta

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Closed Beta phase is here!

A beta key has been sent to all contributors of Indiegogo.
The final version should be arrived about a week.

Please let us know if you found any bug, thanks!

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
Have installed it on my cab.
Unfortunately i dont had much time to play, but after a few minutes of playing i can say gameplay, look and feel are fantastic. 👍👍

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Super exciting news! Thanks, Zsolt.

So bummed I'll be out of town for the next ten days. Enjoy, beta-testers!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Downloaded the beta game, and found a bug.

When I try to select Pinball Champ '83, the game closes.

Also, the ball seems too 'heavy', but this could be due to this being a beta test.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Downloaded the beta game, and found a bug.

When I try to select Pinball Champ '83, the game closes.

Also, the ball seems too 'heavy', but this could be due to this being a beta test.

No, that seems right to me. The ball is quite "heavy" in the tablet version played in "Arcade" mode. (I've never played with "Simulation" mode to tweak the physics, so maybe it can be changed there.)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I was able to download and play a very brief session this morning before work. First of all ... Looks Great and feels great! Nice job guys!

I play in portrait mode only (1080x1920 on 32" monitor) with primitive homemade cab setup. When setting custom camera view, I check marked the box for "Static", but the camera still bounces from top view to bottom view following the ball around. For portrait mode at least, we need for the camera to truly remain static and not move at all. It should remain in bottom view and not follow the ball into top view.

On the Android app if you check mark the static box in camera setup, it disables the top view so that the camera stays on bottom view and does not move around following the ball ... this is what the PC version needs.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I was able to download and play a very brief session this morning before work. First of all ... Looks Great and feels great! Nice job guys!

I play in portrait mode only (1080x1920 on 32" monitor) with primitive homemade cab setup. When setting custom camera view, I check marked the box for "Static", but the camera still bounces from top view to bottom view following the ball around. For portrait mode at least, we need for the camera to truly remain static and not move at all. It should remain in bottom view and not follow the ball into top view.

On the Android app if you check mark the static box in camera setup, it disables the top view so that the camera stays on bottom view and does not move around following the ball ... this is what the PC version needs.

IIRC the static view only applies to the custom camera views which are the selectable ones numbered 4 and higher

I was just about to get into zaccarria on PC this afternoon, so I can check back and see if it works the same as on droid.

Edit: It looks like the static setting isn't holding static views, and worse the stupid side to side motion bug from android is even more pronounced in this version. I can understand tracking the ball on the Y axis, up and down the table. However, a centred view does not require any motion in the camera along the X axis when the ball approaches the sides of the table. This wobbly approach to cameras is what made me not really that interested in continuing to play the Android version for a long time. Static view should simply lock all camera motion based on the selected parameters chosen. If the full FOV isn't available, then this is on the player to customize it more/better.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Tap Launcher, Tap Style, Tilt Type: These three settings are all still for the mobile version with option like swipe, gyro, tap etc.
I scrolled through the option for tap style and now, even though I do not have it selected, I have the touch based flipper power meters on the screen permanently Restarting the program resets this, but still). This shouldn't even be in the game on PC, unless you are implementing analogue controls for the bumpers (R2/L2) on controllers to allow level/velocity of impact and how it ties in with the tap pass setting.

There is no analogue nudge, or controller mapping/explanation. Plenty of keyboard mapping options ...

The analogue plunge can be dodgy, like the swipe plunge could be on mobile. Same strength analogue plunge may not make it, where a "tap" plunge using the A button on a controller will.

The lightmap settings, while global, are not standardized/balanced across all tables. For example. I started with Shooting The Rapids and set my light settings (nothing higher than 40%), then went to Locomotive and the bloom on the lights was bleeding out, so I had to lower the lightmap settings (now at 30%). Now I am playing Nautilus and the bloom on the pop bumpers is bad, so I need to again lower the lightmap settings again, so i'll now be at 20%. Which will be global and will need to be changed when/if the next table is too dark, or the light bloom is bleeding out. Either there is a problem with the settings not being applied globally, or there is the issue of lights not being balanced across all tables.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
WOW FANBLOODYTASTIC !!!! mucked around on a couple of tables graphic and game play.great feel with my XBOX 1 controller.well done !!!! best 25 smackarooies I`ve ever spent !! heaps of adjustments,UNREAL !!! THANKS.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
There is a problem with the leaderboards.

Presently only Aeronautics 3 Ball Arcade Mode has a leaderboard, this one is seen on the same screen as achievements in the steam overlay in-game, and once you have posted on it, that score becomes your best score on every table played; for that session.

ETA: Currently I am seeing the 3 Ball Arcade leaderboard 1st place score for Combat, this is the one seen through options, as the top score on every table after placing on the Combat leaderboard. After restarting a session, closing the program and restarting it, the first table I played in 3 Ball Arcade mode that 1st place score from the leader board will then be shown on every table thereafter as the "top score" even if it has nothing to do with the table played.

Player selected camera is not remembered session to session. You are always defaulted back to camera one at the beginning of a new session.

The game time bonus timer starts counting down before you have launched a ball.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The game time bonus timer starts counting down before you have launched a ball.

It does that on Mobile as well, and I think it's intentional as a result of the limits of the table ROM. Plunge quickly or lose the time! The timer also continues to count down when you're served the ball again if you drain before the timer hits zero.

As has been mentioned as a request for the mobile version, it would be great if we could turn off the Game Time Bonus feature altogether.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
It does that on Mobile as well, and I think it's intentional as a result of the limits of the table ROM. Plunge quickly or lose the time! The timer also continues to count down when you're served the ball again if you drain before the timer hits zero.

As has been mentioned as a request for the mobile version, it would be great if we could turn off the Game Time Bonus feature altogether.

Agreed, it would be nice to have the option to disable it. In the mean time having it function as intended would be a step in the right direction.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
One thing that is really bugging me right now after almost 90 minutes of play is the way the tracking cam and the plunge cam interact.

The plunge cam view isn't centred, you are looking at the table from the L Front corner towards the plunger rod. When you plunge this causes the view to shift up, and the table is then rotated clockwise slightly. It does correct itself, but usually as the ball is rolling down towards the flippers. This 3 direction movement is not acceptable.

Centre, or rather square, the plunge cam view.

Either make the tracking cam faster, or do something to ensure the static cam works.

I am finding on many tables by the time the tracking cam gets to the top of the table on plunge the ball is already at the flippers at the bottom of the table. This isn't a GPU issue, as I am averaging well over 120 FPS. Tested this a bit further: lowered reflection settings from realistic to "all objects" and my FPS went to over 300 on each table, but this still makes no difference on the plunge/tracking issues. Even the "locked" default camera 1 has issues with the camera moving around just after plunge.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Agreed, it would be nice to have the option to disable it. In the mean time having it function as intended would be a step in the right direction.

Well, that's interesting. Since the timer always running is how it always behaves on every table in the mobile version, I (and I guess everyone else...) assumed that that's how it actually works. But clearly the timer stops when the ball is in the plunger lane, per that video. (In particular when the player drains with 49s left, there's a considerable pause in the timer and it doesn't start up again until the ball is plunged.)

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Well, that's interesting. Since the timer always running is how it always behaves on every table in the mobile version, I (and I guess everyone else...) assumed that that's how it actually works. But clearly the timer stops when the ball is in the plunger lane, per that video. (In particular when the player drains with 49s left, there's a considerable pause in the timer and it doesn't start up again until the ball is plunged.)

Yeah, and if we took everything on how the game functions on mobile as how it was supposed to work, everyone would still have to set the slings to 15-25%. ON PC I haven't changed my default physics in custom and slings are set at 50% and I have had only 1 side to side outlane throw; quite unlike Android.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this reminds of Project Cars, heaps and heaps of adjustments !!! muck around to your hearts content,until you find what feels and looks great for you.ZEN and TPA TAKE NOTE OF ALL THE FANTASTIC SETTINGS.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.