Zaccaria Pinball - PC Steam beta

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Hey. I only got the info mail.
How do I get the beta key?

You should have gotten 2 emails. One with the key, and one just saying it was going into beta

My email with the key came first by about half an hour. They were both sent through Indiegogo, but the one with the key doesn't identify itself as being a Zaccarria update, it was "a message from ...."

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Downloading now! Looking forward to this big time :)

Fyi [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION] I sent you a pm...

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Fired it up for the first time. Looks great!

Sadly for me I uninstalled ds4tool when I got my Tankstick, please PLEASE make it so the right mouse button is the right flipper and left click is left flipper, or better yet make the mouse buttons configuable for in game controls. I imagine accomplishing this by determining the mouse buttons function by the pointers possition on the screen, for example if the mouse pointer is in the center on the screen it is the flippers (or nudge for tankstick) when the pointer is over the menu or pause it functions normal.

As it is now clicking with a mouse, left or right, behaves like a touch screen if that makes sense

Also, beautiful new spinner image on Cine Star :) tho it is only supposed to be on the back, you had the correct image on front already.

The physics and smoothness of ball movement, as well as graphical improvements are obvious over mobile version :) real great job again

Some bugs / issues reported in the individual table threads still exist

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
You should have gotten 2 emails. One with the key, and one just saying it was going into beta

My email with the key came first by about half an hour. They were both sent through Indiegogo, but the one with the key doesn't identify itself as being a Zaccarria update, it was "a message from ...."

Didn't get the mail with the code.
Who can I mail about this?

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
IIRC the static view only applies to the custom camera views which are the selectable ones numbered 4 and higher

I was just about to get into zaccarria on PC this afternoon, so I can check back and see if it works the same as on droid.

Edit: It looks like the static setting isn't holding static views, and worse the stupid side to side motion bug from android is even more pronounced in this version. I can understand tracking the ball on the Y axis, up and down the table. However, a centred view does not require any motion in the camera along the X axis when the ball approaches the sides of the table. This wobbly approach to cameras is what made me not really that interested in continuing to play the Android version for a long time. Static view should simply lock all camera motion based on the selected parameters chosen. If the full FOV isn't available, then this is on the player to customize it more/better.

It appears that the side to side camera movement can be stopped by setting "Dead Zone" to "0". And yes ... I was trying to set a custom camera on camera 4 set to "Static". Static camera options is not working at all though. Even when you go to test the view, for a split second it seems like the camera will stay in Static, but then it starts moving from top view to bottom view. So far, this is my only huge concern. Static camera is a MUST for us folks playing in portrait mode.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I stared this up on my pincab, and for some reason the flippers are stuck in an 'up' position and won't come down...

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
It appears that the side to side camera movement can be stopped by setting "Dead Zone" to "0". And yes ... I was trying to set a custom camera on camera 4 set to "Static". Static camera options is not working at all though. Even when you go to test the view, for a split second it seems like the camera will stay in Static, but then it starts moving from top view to bottom view. So far, this is my only huge concern. Static camera is a MUST for us folks playing in portrait mode.

The update this morning fixed the static cam, so a "locked" view is now possible.

However, even with dead zone set to "0" I still get side to side motion of the table. This is something I have seen since it was on Android. I will hopefully be able to capture a video of it later today.

There are navigational errors in the UI: For example if you are using a controller, and you are on the lights menu if you are on "outside light" and press up to go to "lightmap intensity" the cursor will actually move right. To go from outside to lightmap you have to go Right, Up, Left; or Left, Up, Right. This is present on Screen, Graphics, Lights, Control, and Camera.

When you exit a table the select cursor always resets its position to Time Machine. Can we have it remember position to the table you exit from. I know that the one you exited is highlighted blue, but still, if/while working your way through the tables, it can become annoying to have to always start from the top left corner; especially while playing the EMs. Think of it as if TPA always reset the carousel to TAF after you exited a table.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Many improvements from the mobile version are apparent :) the slings are better, spinners, holes, the balls interaction with basically any playfield object has been improved. I love the way the ball settles on an engaged flipper, feels just right.

Aside from the ability to stop the cam from moving side to side, I would like the ability to make the multiball cam the same as the selected custom view. A cam option that zooms in perfectly centered over upper playfields on tables with them could be nice.

On the topic of table selection, a 'random' button would be awesome!

I will be playing tonight and will post individual table issues, see you on the leaderboard :)

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
Is there a way to set bumping the table to the left stick on the controller? It works on the plus pad fine but my hands keep defaulting to the stick by pure habit.

The plungers seem a bit weak, frequently not getting the ball onto the playfield even pulled all the way back. It makes it hard to gauge force and get the ball to go through a different lane on its way to the main playfield from the top of the board.

Camera 1 seems fine to me, for the most part, but it has trouble keeping up with the plunger shot. It could use a bit more speed panning up just on that first shot. The camera is more than good enough for regular play, it's only the plunger shot it falls behind.

Each board seems like it's got a default ball-count, as indicated on the card by the drain. Any chance an option could be set so you don't have to keep manually changing the number of balls to match each board's default?

Love the game, by the way. I'm having a great time playing all these lovely old tables I've never had a chance to see before. :)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Red Show - the 1000 pop bumper is crooked, and the playfield art is not centered (relative to the flippers) minor visual issues imo.

Time Machine - when the playfield is up, the bouns for 'future' should advance, when the playfield is down the 'past' bonus should advance. Also the voice should say "now you are going into the future" before the playfield raises and " - - - - - - past" before the playfield lowers. This is mixed up currently and is kinda a major one that needs the fix imo. I dont think the Game Time Bonus stops counting when in the past either.

On a minor visual note, it would be awesome to see the individual lights through the ramp if possible for Time Machine

Please add an option to pick the transparent red or blue flippers seen on Zaccaria games in many pictures.

A link with some nice images and info on Time Machine and Farfalla : http://peakpinball.com/2015/01/24/zaccaria-pinball-machines/

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Locomotion and Devil Riders both play like a dream, no issues on my end. The upper playfield cam on DR is perfect, this is should be the model for sll others with a 2nd playfield, although I think it still goes even with the cam locked on lower playfield.

Pinball Camp 82' the spinner scoing is interrupted when the ball activates any other switch. Also the 4 bank of drop targets on the left reset atleat once whith only 3 down.

The ball is far too dark when in the shooter lane on many tabes, please make it bright and shiny like when on the playfield

Nautilus - the outlane posts fail to return the ball to the inlanes. Starting this one right after Pinball Champ gave me the no flippers thing but returned to the main menu the back in an it was normal. The left flipper is not perfectly alligned with the inlane guide wire. The ball hops as it rolls over the seam of the wire to the flipper. The default sling force is a bit too powerful on this table

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Woods Queen - pop bumper caps ar on crooked and thus slightly slanted.

Back Belt seems great to me so far

Farfalla the upper playfield flippers stay active when the ball returns to the lower playfield, not like this on any other machine.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Cine Star - the pop bumpers tend to bounce the ball straight up and down though the lanes, a more random effect would be ideal. Also as previously mentioned, the current PC spinner image is the back the current mobile spinner image is the front

Soccer Kings - what seems like a goal is sometimes scored as a miss, mostly when the ball goes in to the left of the goalie post.

Robot, Hot Wheels, Shooting the Rapids & Supersonic play great and I found no issues

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.