Zaccaria Pinball - Update v1.4

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Another great update!

The more I play the more I think we need the following.

(1) Touch region nudging, like The Pinball Arcade. Swiping while trying to trap kills me every time. A zone based tap nudging would help fix this problem.

(2) Table examination. Please let us pan around the tables to examine them. This would help greatly in figuring out the rules, and just generally enjoying your stellar work.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Also, is there anything that can be done about the Locomotion GameCenter leaderboard? Most of those huge scores were posted from Devil Riders before the bug was fixed.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Also, is there anything that can be done about the Locomotion GameCenter leaderboard? Most of those huge scores were posted from Devil Riders before the bug was fixed.

Er, I know my GC score's legit... 2,091,330. But I have no problem wiping the leaderboards and doing it again. :)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Definitely Deeeff. I wasn't trying to imply they are all not legit. I just remember many of them from before the fix.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Really nice update. A few words on the physics- I think someone mentioned this before- shooting the center of the playfield is near impossible from a trap, so trying to get down some of the center robot targets becomes a crap shoot. I would love to see the physics tweaked to allow backhands, or at the very least forehands to the center playfield.

Back to Robot!

EDIT: when I say center playfield, I mean shots that are above the flipper, or roughly, so really I am talking more about backhands.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I 100% agree that the biggest physics issue (and a really big one at that) is how difficult it is to hit the center of the playfield. It makes tables like Locomotion particularly frustrating. Definitely not realistic physics in that regard.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I 100% agree that the biggest physics issue (and a really big one at that) is how difficult it is to hit the center of the playfield. It makes tables like Locomotion particularly frustrating. Definitely not realistic physics in that regard.

Farfalla as well. Hitting the center (blue) bank of drops is unrealistically difficult from a trap on the left flipper.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Good update. Here are some things that I’ve noticed.

UI Settings: Fade
You can't change the camera angle before starting a game. When you have the UI Settings set to "fade", the camera icon will be invisible by the time you can change it. If you blindly stab at this hidden icon, you can still change the camera icon, but you won't be able to see which camera angle you have it currently set to.

I appreciate that we can hide these icons. I really like the clutter-free look that we can get, and I’ve mentioned this a couple of times before, but the icons need to re-appear when they're tapped, temporarily. Otherwise, it's impossible to see what setting you're using.

Camera Settings
Camera 1 in portrait mode is still my favorite, with the static view, but I really like the new angle that's used for Camera 2. It's flat and overhead, and the scrolling is pretty subtle. Some of the angles continue to be unusable. Camera 4, in particular, seems pretty bad. Often, the ball will get to the bottom where your flippers are before the camera does.

End of Bonus Time
I like the new sound effect that indicates that your bonus time has ended. But maybe there could be a slight callout to the Bonus Time text when this happens, too, to emphasize what's happening. And maybe the lights on the table could fade.

It might also be nice to have an explanation appear onscreen, as part of a first-launch experience. This should probably only appear once, so as not to annoy the user. But it would clearly communicate to new users what's happening here.
since he update came friday night i have not had time to check postings here. i was unaware a camera and settings feature was added no mention of it in the change log / update notices . next thing to do is hunt for it.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Im really enjoying 1.4 and the new Robot table. Can you give us a sneak peek of the next table?
I imagine its either CLOWN or SPACE SHUTTLE.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I would love if you could have another camera setting like camera 2, but it show the entire playfield without scrolling :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like access to all camera views without scrolling on any of them. Is there an option to turn off scrolling?

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
ROBOT table are missing lamps on the 5 head top of rising robot heads , should have a lamp on there , fix it :) also the ball sound rolling on the lane as I said before , sounds like a dice on the wood , not a metal ball , need more bass to give the right sound of the ball weight - and again and 4 ever , the table corner should have a real metal looks also the rails ecxatly like the metal pipe on table and chair aside the pinball table , this old looks metal grey don't reflect a real table , should be optional , and last ...the camera view option if have a static view also would be perfect , it's the favorite camera by the majority players . Zaccaria pinball are great :) ball sound , shine metal loocking and static cam option are the only missing thing 2 be perfect ... waiting 2 play Space Shutle !

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
-A fixed camera option would be nice, a check-box to dis/enable the 2nd camera would be sufficient, IMO.

-I still like the quality and scope of the physics simulation, it's not as easy to play as games based simpler models without angular momentum, but that's what makes pinball interesting and fun.

-@SonicBrain: Maybe I'm mistaken but it looks like ASK have improved the metal texture on the ramps of Devil Riders. I'm not 100% certain since I don't play that table on a regular basis, but it looks like they added a subtle reflection that is visible when the ramps/camera angles move/change.
(It still doesn't use the internal camera of my iPad1 to generate the reflection map. Maybe that's because because the iPad1 has not enough internal cameras, I don't know.)
Oh, here's an idea for ASK Homework: Use the internal camera to capture a reflection map for the ball!

- After practicing a little with the swipe-nudge feature, I must say that the nudging gives far too much control over the the ball. I feel almost like I'm cheating. There should definitely be a penalty (TILT!) for vandals like myself.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Some more bugs.

(1) sometimes when restarting a table, a flipper can get permanently stuck in the Up position. Usually happens if you are touching the screen in multiple locations when restarting.

(2) right after posting a new GameCenter score, if you check GameCenter then exit out, you can't choose another table. The app sometimes crashes as well.

(3) call attendant should not cost the player a ball. I've gotten the ball stuck on odd parts of the table multiple times today in Pinball Champ. The player should not be penalized their ball because of a glitch.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
@tripleplonq yes , Devil Riders have some better metal looking , and funny ..on the upper right near where the ball comes out ...u can see a small piece o chrome metal ! .... so , they can do it !
@inspector42 Bout the flipper get stuck , happened with me once ..and than a closed a lot of app opened on the back screen of my IPad ..and never happened again .... so , I think have some to do with the CPU be too busy ?!
@a.s.k Farfalla - it's there any chance to fix the Farfalla sound as it play on the real machine ? The ball - the ball shadow make the ball looks to dark on the light room , would be nice if we can switch off/on , I prefer off or ball reflection , shadow looks too dark but some people may like , the option on off would keep all taste happy ROBOT - the 5 robots head light will be on the next update ? Facebook - u guys looks like dont care too much updating your page , I think u should keep fresh and with new pics as u do in this blog ... just an opinion :) thanks for the great pinball Zaccaria become and still improving ! waiting for space Shutle !!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts