Zaccaria Pinball - Update v1.5

night

May 18, 2012
STATUS UPDATE

Currently we collect materials for upcoming tables and work on new, more realistic metal surfaces. As well as fix the bugs you found, of course. :)
According to our plan there should be a new menu system after the 9th pinball table has been released, because the current sub-menus are overcrowded a little bit.

Sounds good!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
Great news for my favorite pinball ! thanks .... here it's one option about ball shadow , how about an option on/off ?! ball sound , no option ...honestly need more bass , metal texture , thanks for the effort on the future improvement ..it's a good news ! 2 tables per release .... any plan ? getting beter and beter !! cheers :)

night

May 18, 2012
2 tables per release .... any plan ? getting beter and beter !! cheers :)

Why do you want 2 tables per release? ASK is most likely doing as much as they can do already. I'll bet Zaccaria is made by a very small team of people. Do you want the situation as how it is with FarSight: 2 tables a month with the bonus of graphic inconsistency and no bug fixing or physics updates on the older tables? Think about all the fantastic features been included in Zaccaria in such a short amounth of time, something that FarSight will never be able to do in the upcoming ten years!! ASK is doing what FarSight should be doing, taking a step back and concentrate on 1 table, fix bugs and if possible, add extra features.

night

May 18, 2012
Request for more rubber elasticity.

If possible, I would like to request the level of rubber elasticity to be raised in the physics settings. Set to the max it still does not match the amounth of bounce and elasticity of rubber seen on a real table. I know the amount of flexibility has to do with new and old rubbers, but I have studdied over a zillion pinball youtubes by now, and I find that the level of rubber bounce is (much) higher on a lot of tables than I can get out of the physics settings in Zaccaria. It's still a bit stiff. And I mean how the ball reacts on rubber elements in the playfield, not specific on the flippers.

night

May 18, 2012
Request for ball reflection on the table.

If possible! I added 2 screenshots from 'War Pinball HD', they have added a very subtile reflection from the ball on the table and I think they did an excellent job on that. Very delicate, very real, it adds realism and depth.
I'll bet something like this will look stunning in Zaccaria..

ballreflection.jpg

Last edited:

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
with all respect , as own business graphic designer and publisher I disagree , looking foward as company developer and product demand one table per month considering there still over 20 to come , 2 tables are prety reasonable , if A.S.k aim future projects and arrive on next generation consoles , most see on both sides consumer/developer , and off course not sacrifice the updates and perform on each table , many things envolve ... just a consumer and business view on the same table if u know what I mean ... I think all depend on A.S.K plans and staff and time avaiable , other hand produce a pinball table it's fan less expensive in cost and time as if you produce an entire rolling screen games ... anyway... all opinions build a better overview on each subject , cheers 4 all !

night

May 18, 2012
I think all depend on A.S.K plans and staff and time avaiable

This.

With all respect, I have to disagree, again. I own my own business as well, illustrator and 3D artist. And I know how extremely demanding clients can be, and I know how hard it is to deliver on completely insane deadlines, and I know what that can do to a human body and physical healthcare. Pressure, but for what? For who? Me? You? Are we in a hurry? Do we need these 20 tables within a year, or else what?

As much as I would love to see a new table every day of the week(!), we have to understand and respect that this takes time. And that ASK Homework is probably a very-very small company that can't afford to rent a building filled with artists and programmers, especially when they sell their tables for a steal of just €1,79 a piece. It's Zaccaria, not Bally or Stern, it's Soccer Kings and not Terminator 2, you have to see things in perspective.

Just my 2 cents. (And the 30 bucks for the Gold pack). :)

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Definitely need more ball rolling sound. I want that to be pretty loud and constant. Perhaps we could have the ability to adjust specific sound elements just like we can physics elements?

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I actually like the current level of bounciness/rubber elasticity. Makes it easy to cradle and pass balls. It's also easier to do backflips, because the ball
rolls over the flippers and doesn't bounce all over the playfield.
I often forget that it is a simulation and play intuitively, something that other pinball sims on iPad don't do for me.

But nothing against more flexibility in the physics settings menu.

night

May 18, 2012
Request/suggestion.

Slightly reduce the ball shadow, too black. Or perhaps somewhat softer in shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts