Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.9

night

May 18, 2012
And another thing I have been forgetting to mention: personally I don't really care about "my choice of flipper color" option. Perhaps because of such option currently the flippers look really flat and are not well blended with other rather really nice looking parts. Do people really care about the feature? I think using original flipper texture to match the rest of things would be nicer...

Well, some real tables do have these transparent flippers, it would be great to see them in Zac.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
There will be some changes in the upcoming update, a detailed list comes next Monday. Till then here is a quick footage about renewed metal and reflection on iPad Air, recorded by an iPhone 5. We hope iPad 2 also will be able to handle these new features. :cool:

Wow. You guys are crazy. I would like to see this on the Mac App Store.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Well, some real tables do have these transparent flippers, it would be great to see them in Zac.

Yeah, so it would be nice for the flippers being same to the original, rather than your choice of color of 5 with flat texture-less ones.

I also forgot to mention (wrote before tho), upper flippers of some tables are too long (compare to the real table) and that's regardless of flipper size setting.

night

May 18, 2012
I think this effect can be faked with image maps, no need for real-time 3D transparency.

img_4352.png

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yeah, so it would be nice for the flippers being same to the original, rather than your choice of color of 5 with flat texture-less ones.

I also forgot to mention (wrote before tho), upper flippers of some tables are too long (compare to the real table) and that's regardless of flipper size setting.

I actually never really understood why ASK didnt pay attention to the looks of the flippers while putting somuch effort in making there tables look graphically stunning, i share the opinion that the grey colour of the flippers dont really blend in with the general colour texture of the tables and it would be the graphical cherry on the cake if they did,

Night posted a pic of a red coloured flipper, below i'll post some pics of tables with red coloured flippers, i also really like the metal look of the ramps on Devil Riders

33ebe236a782b9318bc42dba331987af.jpg

29631b4572bbcd855450f3ab607835ce.jpg

7201adbd851954771538d38daa13de37.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
^
I must say that I find the overall graphics of ASK Devil Riders not the best, it looks a bit dirty/smudgy, not clean like the later tables. Same goes for Pinball Champ, a lot of dirt.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
^
I must say that I find the overall graphics of ASK Devil Riders not the best, it looks a bit dirty/smudgy, not clean like the later tables. Same goes for Pinball Champ, a lot of dirt.

Yes man, graphics and lightning arent looking like they should be, i really hope this table will be re rendered in the next update, and it would be really cool if the tables who have ramps will have the polished metal looks as shown on the short video posted here by Zsolt.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I appreciate the options for "weathering paint," actually I'm applying the "dirt" setting at most minimum effects. They'd be liked by others as well if the effects are toned down much much more. At minimum setting, they should be almost unrecognizable, and even at max it'd be better to be like "just a touch of paint."

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
Zaccaria from A.S.K looks so real that the real looks like Zaccaria !! the photo and rendering confusion ...hahaha.. when I play zaccaria sometimes
I forgot this are digital graphics , texture , shadow , ilumination and 3d feeling are the best on IOS .., also better than another pinball on PS3 ..something like billianz collection ;)

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, when comparing the ball behaviour of the ASK Zaccs with the real Zaccs theres still quite a noticable difference showing imo,

the ball physics on the ASK Zaccs are still a bit lightweighted and seem to act more like a rubber ball instead of a steel ball, while on the real zaccs the ball acts less bouncy and moves more in a straight line while in contact with different elements on the table.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
To Zsolt, when comparing the ball behaviour of the ASK Zaccs with the real Zaccs theres still quite a noticable difference showing imo,

the ball physics on the ASK Zaccs are still a bit lightweighted and seem to act more like a rubber ball instead of a steel ball, while on the real zaccs the ball acts less bouncy and moves more in a straight line while in contact with different elements on the table.

While I agree with you to some degree, try this setting: PlayfieldTilt: 16%(very flat), FlipperForce: 0%, BallEalasticity: 50% (or less), BallFriction: 95%, BallVerlocity: 0%

This setting may be extreme but then now I can feel the ball is made of iron, sort of. So, this setting suggests me that, aside from the ball rolling sound (which I believe has a great effect on our perceived feelings of the ball), I think the current flipper is too powerful even at the lowest setting and that may be resulting in extreme acceleration to the ball. In my general impression, ball accelerate too high degree, I really feel so when the ball builds speed while bouncing on sling shots (excuse me for my poor English vocabulary/expression!)

Another thing is, although I may be wrong since I've never played or seen the real those pins, ball physics may need to be adjusted table basis... I'm not suggesting individual physics setting per table, tho. That would be overkill... But parameter like PlayfieldTilt which contributes to ball "floating" feel a lot (especially for older tables) may be good to be settable per table.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
While I agree with you to some degree, try this setting: PlayfieldTilt: 16%(very flat), FlipperForce: 0%, BallEalasticity: 50% (or less), BallFriction: 95%, BallVerlocity: 0%

This setting may be extreme but then now I can feel the ball is made of iron, sort of. So, this setting suggests me that, aside from the ball rolling sound (which I believe has a great effect on our perceived feelings of the ball), I think the current flipper is too powerful even at the lowest setting and that may be resulting in extreme acceleration to the ball. In my general impression, ball accelerate too high degree, I really feel so when the ball builds speed while bouncing on sling shots (excuse me for my poor English vocabulary/expression!)

Another thing is, although I may be wrong since I've never played or seen the real those pins, ball physics may need to be adjusted table basis... I'm not suggesting individual physics setting per table, tho. That would be overkill... But parameter like PlayfieldTilt which contributes to ball "floating" feel a lot (especially for older tables) may be good to be settable per table.

Thanks for the advice hai but i think the aim should be to step by step create a close virtual reproduction of the physics engine based on the physics behaviour of the real Zaccs as a standard in the ASK Zacc collection, instead of fiddling around for hours with parameters, because the actual physics just arent what they should be compared to the real Zacc physics.

Last edited:

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013

Thanks for that! I never would have thought of going for such radical numbers, but it has given me a different start for tweaking physics. Flipper force 0% Who would have thought! ;)

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for the advice hai but i think the aim should be to step by step create a close virtual reproduction of the physics engine based on the physics behaviour of the real Zaccs as a standard in the ASK Zacc collection, instead of fiddling around for ours with parameters, because the actual physics just arent what they should be compared to the real Zacc physics.

This is my thinking as well. I'm not an expert when it comes to physics modelling in pinball sims. I would hope that the folks at ASK have much more expertise in that area than myself (as well as hopefully having access to at least a few of the actual tables). So I don't really feel like it should be left to me to tweak the physics to get something convincing. Actually, as I think I said once before, I've kinda started to view the inclusion of the ability to adjust physics parameters as not such a great feature but I know many like having it. I would hope that the "simulation" physics setting in the game would offer a good approximation of the real tables so that I could just go with that and forget about it...

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for that! I never would have thought of going for such radical numbers, but it has given me a different start for tweaking physics. Flipper force 0% Who would have thought! ;)

I've just tried youre physics settings hay and i notice that the ball moves abit slower, i am sorry to say but this ball behaviour still doesnt match the natural physics of the ball on the real Zaccs imo,

during the last year me and probably many others tried to manually configure the physics in custom mode, putting quite some effort in without real satisfactioning results,

the aim with this collection is imo providing pinball which match the standards of the original, below i will post a vid which gives a good impression of the (ball) physics of a real Zacc.

http://youtu.be/z3w6ooJj6iE

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts