Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.3

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
BUG: iPad 1, ios511 :

The App doesn't switch to landscape. The last version also had this bug, but now with the new physics it's annoying because I know the game runs faster in landscape. Can you please check this, Zolt?

I like the new physics (feels more like in version 1.1 again), ball handling is superb and very intuitive.

I also like the EM sounds, not perfect, but nice. If you plan to do more EMs you should try to make a simple score motor emulation. (for adding scores etc.)

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
The new update is awesome! Definitely a major improvement in the physics. On "simulation" setting, the ball is still a bit too bouncy on some objects on some of the tables. I have no doubt that this could be rectified with some physics settings adjustments, though I have not had the time to do it yet. I would welcome some suggestions from other users regarding physics settings.

The addition of Combat is mind-numbing for me. I love EM tables. Also, considering that the physics of the last update were really crappy, it feels like I can really appreciate Circus. This pinball app really rocks now especially with the lighting adjustments and other effects.

One minor bug that I noticed was the lack of opening music for Clown. Other than that, pretty darn good!

I have noticed that I can really nudge these tables without much fear of tilting. Since I have never played a real Zacc table, I am not able to say if it is accurate. What is the experience of others on this?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
No fear of tilting because you literally can't tilt -the trade off is the short time delay between nudges.

Never played, or seen, or even heard of a real zacc anywhere near me. Probably mostly sold on the European side as we had our own pinball thing going on here. But I imagine they did have a tilt function - and if they didn't the machines were probably all beat to hell and also the reason not many people stateside have got to play them...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Patched as in future update? I imagine so - just no one has been beating down the gate demanding tilt be implemented. But it would be more simu-realistic to have that as a feature.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Patched as in future update?

Yeah, patch is synonymous with update.

Hopefully it's something they'll do. Having no tilt on a pinball machine just seems wrong, heh. Now that I know it will never tilt it takes away some of the thrill.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Well then let's officially request TILT! ASK would probably have to do a nudge-delay-nudge-delay-tilt under the current set up. But that would be easy to avoid (like an anti-bark shock collar for dogs). The ask developers seem to like pushing the envelope forward so may be they would be willing to play with the timed press nudges we have been discussing on the "nudging on touch screens" threads.

For example
Small nudge is <1000ms zone touch or short swipe and 5th consecutive small nudge = tilt
Big nudge is >1000ms zone touch or long(er) swipe and 3rd consecutive big nudge = tilt
And then a combination of the two types of nudges within a time limit would tilt.

All numbers are guesstimates - just whatever it would take to simulate a tilt pendulum mechanism.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
BTW - mastering risk free nudging got me #1 overall on 5 tables and #2 overall on another 5 tables. I'd be up for some tilt to increase the challenge

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
On the question of leaderboards can someone confirm I take it the rankings do not take into account the settings you are using i.e. whether you are playing with 5 balls or 3 or on arcade or simulation. As I always play on what I imagine should be the hardest settings ..........sim physics, 3 balls, normal ball size etc, just interested to see how other people play and how the rankings work?

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Agreed. I've topped a few leaderboards on default settings but was horrified to learn there's no separate board for 5 ball play. I have since changed to sim settings with arcade flippers.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I think quite a number of us started playing 5 ball rounds some time back in response to the extremely brief nature of the average game on most of the tables. They were such drain fests that a 3 ball game would be over in 30 seconds...lol. That's been alleviated some with the new physics though...

night

May 18, 2012
I think quite a number of us started playing 5 ball rounds some time back in response to the extremely brief nature of the average game on most of the tables. They were such drain fests that a 3 ball game would be over in 30 seconds...lol. That's been alleviated some with the new physics though...

Yes, correct, I used to play with 5 balls because 3 was in most cases a done deal in 2 minutes. Now I play with 3 balls.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Having said that, I would be completely in favor of the leaderboards being locked to SIM physics and 3 ball games.

It seems to me that the only way to have a true apples to apples comparison would be for everyone to use the same exact physics, and the same size and number of balls. But never mind me since I don't participate in leaderboards.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
It seems to me that the only way to have a true apples to apples comparison would be for everyone to use the same exact physics, and the same size and number of balls. But never mind me since I don't participate in leaderboards.

I think I have always known that one of "selling points" of pinball is going for high scores - but it wasn't until I watched the papa pinball tutorials with bowen that really drove that concept home for me when he consistently talked about high scoring strategies and "going for score."

In general I really enjoy the visceral experience of simply playing pinball. But the challenge (and the re-playability factor that keeps me coming back for more) is the the high score. I start by just trying to top my own personal local score - but after a while I take a peek at my placement in the leaderboards and that adds a whole other level of challenge!!!

I think I found my niche with the zacc and color monkey pins - I am not even close to competing in the TPA and Zen leaderboards - but hey - reason enough to keep practicing and improving.

Yes - a competition setting in zacc would be highly desirable - having standardized parameters to compete in is essential. I was concerned with the custom "playfield tilt" setting could also give unfair advantage.

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
Everyone's comments ring true. I love these tables and just playing is great fun but it would be good if they are going to give us a leaderboard for it to actually have some meaning and maybe even encourage more players to ramp up the difficulty settings as they improve. I have everything set to give me that from the get go. There are too many options in here to make it so unfair which renders the leaderboards pretty pointless. Not bashing anyone for using easier settings just saying it would be nice if I could even just see the settings a player used to get a certain score. (Even if it is just to make me feel better) :)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
a competition setting in zacc would be highly desirable - having standardized parameters to compete in is essential. I was concerned with the custom "playfield tilt" setting could also give unfair advantage.

+1

This would be awesome. a Leaderboard setting with 3 balls all with the same physics settings. now that the physics are at a point where this makes sense, I hope ASK seriously considers this.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Everyone's comments ring true. I love these tables and just playing is great fun but it would be good if they are going to give us a leaderboard for it to actually have some meaning and maybe even encourage more players to ramp up the difficulty settings as they improve. I have everything set to give me that from the get go. There are too many options in here to make it so unfair which renders the leaderboards pretty pointless. Not bashing anyone for using easier settings just saying it would be nice if I could even just see the settings a player used to get a certain score. (Even if it is just to make me feel better) :)

Maybe a leaderboard for three ball games and one for Five ball games autolinked to the settings used ?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Not bashing anyone for using easier settings just saying it would be nice if I could even just see the settings a player used to get a certain score. (Even if it is just to make me feel better) :)

:) yeah I would love to see horstbracks settings just to feel better too! He/she is putting up some amazing out of the ballpark untouchable scores. Is he/she on these forums under a different name? - like to give a shout out! almost all my number 2 placements are behind him/her with my scores just on top of the "pack"

stars phoenix -- me: 8,826,780 horstbrack: 18,408,880
spooky -- me: 6,530,690 horstbrack: 23,430,240
mystic star -- me: 7,254,920 horstbrack: 25,834,700

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.