Zaccharia for Android: Initial Release Discussion

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
personally zac for me is a droo target dream and the sfx are lovely, i wonder why tpa has nutered tame sounds tbh for me the audio sfx realky adds to the experience, playing vp the last couole of days ive loved thr ball sound. no offical app comes close to that.

I have a drop target thing as well.

Agree about the sounds. It is what VP and the this Zacc app do so well. Totally transforms the game into a totally immersive experience.

The in-game pub sounds a bit rowdy, sometimes I leave the volume of that turned up if I have a beer on the table to get the full experience ;)
Not a sign of the "farting saucer" noise we all know and hate in TPA.

I've said it once. I'll say it again. Authentic sounds make for an authentic gameplay illusion in digital simulations. Zacc has it. TPA (in some areas) does not.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
agreed. StarShip Troopers was first table in ages where I actually thought I could hear the sounds and they were good. Loving the Zaccharia audio. Just need more free time to play it :)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
bug: Magic Castle : Simulation mode only. Swipe back of plunger does not generate enough power to get ball onto playfield (comes back down plunger lane). Works OK on arcade mode though.

Is there anyway to invert the nudge swipe? It's backwards to how I play on TPA and totally confusing me. Also the nudge feels crazy powerful? Is that how these low angled tables behaved?

74-89

May 2, 2014
Please don't invert the nudge! I like it - TPA is backwards.

OK. I've been playing the heck out of Strike, Future World, Shooting The Rapids, Hot Wheels, Fire Mountain, Star God, Space Shuttle, Earth Wind Fire, Locomotion and Mystic Star. The new physics has me playing my favorite tables more, rather than just the ones that work best.

I would hope for very few changes from this point. I think the adjustments screen will take care of most anyone's need to alter the way this app plays straight out of the box. The one exception to this would be PLUNGER FORCE because yes, it still needs more. All tables should launch properly making full use of ramps, gates and launch lanes.

As to what is happening when the app loads. Each time I start it, it says it is connecting to Google Play even when wi-fi is disabled. Then the app loads to the free screen. When the device is online, it connects to Google Play and then gives a personal welcome, and the app opens to the purchased version. I can take the device offline and play to my heart's content as long as I don't close the app.

If this is the way it is meant to behave, it's going to cause some logistical problems.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Please don't invert the nudge! I like it - TPA is backwards.

TPA has an option to reverse nudge behaviour you know?

The issue I'm seeing, I think is a nudge/physics bug, where it works normally sometimes, but under some unknown condition occasionally seems to be reversed.

Edit - with further play, I think it is just the controls are inverted to TPA. Could do with an invert nudge direction option.
Wierd thing is, if this is true, then the table moves visually in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Dunno if this is a bug or not. Clicked on Devil Riders and it crashed the app - once reopened, all the "free play" icons are back. In-App Restore does nothing, and an offer to buy gold membership also brings no results. Am I out of luck or what? Can't spend any more time on this now, have to go to bed. Running Android 4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S4.
It seems like we have managed to find the issue that's caused this bug, so the next update will fix it.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Wow what a great time for simulation pinball, now all this Italian weirdness on Android. BTW I mean weirdness in a good way love Zaccaria pins and up until now my experience has been very little VP and a couple nice looking beauties on FP. Those metals look incredible !

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Wow, very nice!
Haven't spent that much time with it yet but went "gold" after a couple of minutes!
It's amazing how polished all of it looks, how quickly the tables load and how beautiful they are... top notch app quality!
I don't even care all that much for tables of that time but the devs really deserve support for the quality they deliver :)

I have to admit that while I was playing the free version I found the add banner at the bottom a bit too omnipresent and the small icons at the bottom that lead to the purchases are rather hard to properly touch on a phone screen due to their tiny size.
Also I found it a bit off-putting that pretty anything you click on immediately leads to an in app purchase promt.
But since it's well worth the gold purchase these things no longer bother me :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Wow, very nice!
I have to admit that while I was playing the free version I found the add banner at the bottom a bit too omnipresent and the small icons at the bottom that lead to the purchases are rather hard to properly touch on a phone screen due to their tiny size.
Also I found it a bit off-putting that pretty anything you click on immediately leads to an in app purchase promt.
But since it's well worth the gold purchase these things no longer bother me :)

the ad banner needs to stay there to irritate all the cheap-skates who hopefully will eventually dig out their wallets ;)

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
could it be possible, that in the latest update the HC list doesn't work anymore?
Wifi connection is ok; highest score on table is 525k from my side. After update I reached over the double one 1.xx Million. The HC was not updated :(

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
After carefully considering the premium, I was sold on the ability to move the camera angle to my liking, and the sound of the ball as it moves along the play floor. They've raised the bar for sure. A.S.K. did a fantastic job on these tables and are selling the premium for a great value. I'm going gold.

jetcorder

Apr 19, 2013
Incidentally I tried the game on a 24" touchscreen Acer da241hl Android (it is like a giant tablet) and it looks very nice and plays very smooth and in dark mode too. To get smooth play I just needed to turn off background room surroundings (which I prefer anyhow) but left metalfx on. It is a shame this computer can't rotate portrait. Seeing it on this big screen shows just how good it would be on PC. It will be an excellent device to play on with a control and only about 230 Euros on Amazon. Not so great using touchscreen controls on this particular screen but once controller support is there, highly recommended.

There is an application in the Google Playstore called "Set Orientation":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.eyesfree.setorientation&hl=en
It allows a device to i.e. force portrait-mode. Woulld be very interesing for me, if the app works on the Acer da241hl together with Zaccaria pinball. Thanks!

Members online

Members online