Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
For those who were able to play the Beta, what is the nudge like, is it like zen or more forgiving like TPA?
It's exactly like regular Zen, with the same strenght giving you a tilt warning every time, which compared to PA's nudging I don't enjoy very much. I really hope they change this, because it's totally unlike real tables.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's exactly like regular Zen, with the same strenght giving you a tilt warning every time, which compared to PA's nudging I don't enjoy much. I really hope they change this, because it's totally unlike real tables.
Yeah, hopefully that does change a bit. Other than that, you enjoying the game play?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Well that's woken me up on a sleepy Monday, sorry, Tuesday....

Let's address the elephant in the room: these four tables (JY, FT, MM, HS2) are all either unlicensed or license-lite (in the case of some music). Will Zen be getting licenses we already have in TPA (ST:TNG? TZ? TAF?!), might they get the "holy grail" licenses (Indy?!?), or is that going to be a whole other story? Or should I catch up on podcasts for that kind of speculation?

Zen has the money and backing to make licensing happen that Farsight simply could not. We've gotten Star Wars, Universal, and all the Marvel stuff. I would think the stuff we've gotten in TPA would be no problem ($100k to acquire a license? Zen can do that no problem). The others, like Indiana Jones or the Simpsons? Also should be very do-able, I would think.

Wapcaplet

Jul 18, 2012
Zen has the money and backing to make licensing happen that Farsight simply could not. We've gotten Star Wars, Universal, and all the Marvel stuff. I would think the stuff we've gotten in TPA would be no problem ($100k to acquire a license? Zen can do that no problem). The others, like Indiana Jones or the Simpsons? Also should be very do-able, I would think.
They're interested in trying for those licenses:

https://thisweekinpinball.com/willi...clusive-interview-first-tables-available-now/

TWIP: Are there any plans to pursue some of the more difficult licenses, such as Addams Family, Twilight Zone, and Indiana Jones?
Zen Studios: “Zen is well prepared to secure the most popular tables in the Williams Bally collection. Our extensive relationships and prior history with licenses will be a huge help as we go after these properties.”

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09/04/licensed-williams-bally-tables-coming-to-pinball-fx3

The quote here speaks for itself. Seems like TAF, TZ and T2 are definately coming. Man, this is going to be great, as long as they port each of the tables to VR.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
H:eek:ly shiite! I guess I'm gonna hafta update my PC afterall. FX3 runs choppy on my rig.

Dunno if this applies to you or not [MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION] , but when I first loaded FX3 on my laptop, it was trying to run on my integrated graphics instead of my nvidia card, so I was wondering why my frame rate was so awful. I had to go into my nvidia control panel and tell it to always use my GTX. First game I’d ever seen do that, so hopefully it’s something Zen can patch as I’ve seen others complain about this on the steam forum.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Dunno if this applies to you or not [MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION] , but when I first loaded FX3 on my laptop, it was trying to run on my integrated graphics instead of my nvidia card, so I was wondering why my frame rate was so awful. I had to go into my nvidia control panel and tell it to always use my GTX. First game I’d ever seen do that, so hopefully it’s something Zen can patch as I’ve seen others complain about this on the steam forum.

Ooh! Guess I have a project when I get home! Thanks!

ddb123ddb

Aug 30, 2018
so help me here i bought all of farsights tables am i now going to have to buy again through zen in order to play tournaments and is game play going to change. I feel like i got played by farsight

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
so help me here i bought all of farsights tables am i now going to have to buy again through zen in order to play tournaments and is game play going to change. I feel like i got played by farsight
Yes you'll have to buy the tables again
FS and Zen don't have tournaments together.
Sounds like the game play is more lines of a real machine and majority of the shots are not going to be a hundred percent the same all the time.

Not sure why you feel that you got played by farsight. Two separate game companies, zen and fs.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Two different companies, so yes if you want to play you'll have to buy them again. At the time farsight didn't know what was happening with the liscence so it's not exactly like they played you. You gave them money and you have a digital version.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Those are some seriously big news, I wasn't expecting them to go all the way to Zen. I'm pretty shocked here.

Been enjoy the beta honestly, they did a pretty good job with the tables so I have no problem with buying them again. But I just wonder how many tables per year they'll release, with Zen's slow release schedule and all.
I'm not sure it actually matters. Let them take their time to produce quality over quantity.

We've seen what the other approach gets us. I don't want that again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I also noticed: Medieval Madness has family mode enabled. You'll notice during the Dragon cutscenes with the word "CENSORED" on them.

This needs to be an option.

EDIT: I'm in class right now AND I JUST CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OFF IT!
Good catch there...

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
We'll it's in the release video, so...
G&R was in the background as well.

I agree with you Jared, would rather wait for something that is in good working order then something that is buggy as crap.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yep, it nukes the lot including all of my backglass images that I'd rounded up. I have backups so it's not a huge deal, but it would have been nice if Zen would have backed up the existing tables and stuff for when we can have our old tables and the new ones too.
We DO get our old table collection back, right?
Yes you do. Once you go back to the production games branch.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For those who were able to play the Beta, what is the nudge like, is it like zen or more forgiving like TPA?
Like Zen. You're going to have to be quite gentle on the stick unless you want to tilt. That might be adjustable though.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Hey guys, I posted some feedback on my thoughts of the Zen flipper strength here. The Zen forums don't seem very active so I was curious to see if people here understand what I'm saying and I also wanted to make sure I wasn't just spewing nonsense. :p https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...-strong-in-smaller-swings&p=102329#post102329

Basically, the issue I noticed is that the flippers seem to jump to full strength in small swings, making post-transfers and other maneuvers requiring small flipper movements borderline impossible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.