zen pinball hd for android

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Downloaded Zen Pinball HD a few days ago and purchased all tables. 15 tables for only $14 was a steal plus all tables play great on my Samsung Galaxy S III. My daughter likes these tables as well, but not as much as The Pinball Arcade of course. :)

N

netizen

I noticed today that the Zen Marvel pinball standalone app has the Spiderman table, yet the Zen HD core App doesn't. When did Zen start double dipping their customers?

Marvel Pinball:
The inital Marvel Pinball download comes with Marvel's The Avengers table. ... Tables include Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Captain America, World War Hulk, The Infinity Gauntlet, Fear Itself and Civil War.

Zen Pinball HD:
ZEN PINBALL HD INCLUDES THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED MARVEL PINBALL SERIES

Yet no Spiderman :(

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Spiderman is the only table Zen Studios can't put into Zen Pinball HD, this being due to licencing problems with Marvel not owning all the rights to Spiderman.
Luckily, Zen found a loophole which enabled them to get around it for Android which meant it only going out in the standalone app.
This means you do have to buy Avengers a second time if already purchased as it's bundled with the standalone but it only costs around £0.70 anyway.

There are a few threads on the Zen forum but here's a link to one of them... https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...uot-Marvel-Pinball-quot-app&p=45157#post45157

I'm still wondering what yesterday's app update was for? Hopefully Earth Defence.

N

netizen

Their excuse sounds like typical K.Y.A.C.

I have a problem with their explanation, namely that console has the IAP games in an all-in-one package since FX2, and the licensing did not effect this distribution model. IF the licensing did effect the distribution Zen knew about this well before releasing Zen Pinball HD, as they had been working on the THD, tegra locked version, well before, in addition to the iOS version, and would have known about their own plans to introduce the Marvel tables. By not planning to deal with the licensing issues ahead of time, and release the stand-alone app as the only container for the Marvel licensed tables on Mobile they have done exactly what Pinball Rocks and the other double dipping corporate sponsored pinball apps have been doing.

This reeks of poor planning, no respect for the people who purchase their products and an attempt to rationalize their behaviour as an expected action by developers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts