Zen Pinball - Star Wars

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Bought this last night. My review:

Return of the Jedi - Definitely my favorite table of the bunch so far. I'm actually #1 on my friends list on this, which I think will last about 30 seconds. Or until one of them reads this post :)

Darth Vader - Fun table, need to spend more time on this one.

Starfighter Assault - Don't like this one at all. Hate the layout and overall design. And it's like Zen forgot to color the table. The entire table is either metallic or red with no other colors. The end result is that it looks extremely washed out and monotone and ends up being maybe the ugliest Zen table ever released. Bad, bad, bad. My opinion may change on this one as I play it more but right now? Ugh.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone know when they are going to release the Balance of the force for IPad in the zen pinball app? I know you can get them in the Star Wars 2 app, but I already have all of my other purchased games in the original Zen app. I tried clicking on them, (they say coming soon) but they just take you to a YouTube video.

N

netizen

Does anyone know when they are going to release the Balance of the force for IPad in the zen pinball app? I know you can get them in the Star Wars 2 app, but I already have all of my other purchased games in the original Zen app. I tried clicking on them, (they say coming soon) but they just take you to a YouTube video.
Is your Zen App up to date? The android App got like 3 updates before the SW tables were available, and one update since they were made available.

I'd love to know how the guy in that video did three nudges in 10 seconds without a tilt. Zen always tilts me on the 3rd.

Operator menu settings for video purposes?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Does anyone feel like the visual design of the tables is looking less and less like actual pinball tables, more like environments with pinball elements stuck on them? It makes them harder to read, with ramps of so many different colours and designs - there's not enough consistency. In some cases it can look cool but I think there should be less visual flair at the expense of making the table easy to read. I think my favourite on this set is Darth Vader purely because it looks the most like a pinball table. It is probably the coolest looking table they've done, with the pulsing lights instead of flashing lanes. So that makes up for it.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I'd love to know how the guy in that video did three nudges in 10 seconds without a tilt. Zen always tilts me on the 3rd.

It's no longer possible. That video is a couple years old, and at that point it was 3 nudges in 25 secs before tilt. An update about a year ago changed it to 2 nudges in 15 secs before tilt, with the tilt mech resetting 15 secs after each nudge.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
1C1898EB527D82DD54159DFD682035226469DFF1

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
It's no longer possible. That video is a couple years old, and at that point it was 3 nudges in 25 secs before tilt. An update about a year ago changed it to 2 nudges in 15 secs before tilt, with the tilt mech resetting 15 secs after each nudge.

Of course it`s possible. You can nudge upwards gently all the time without getting a tilt. At least on the xbox.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
TotalBiscuit just did an overview of the latest 3 Star Wars tables, and FX 2 on Steam overall.

Wow, the latest thee Star Wars pinballs look really great, i hope the update for
the original Zen Pinball App comes soon.

This Mission / Video Mode in Starfighter assault remembers me to galaga, which
i played a lot more than 30 years ago.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Press down on the left analog stick (default controls). That will perform a light upwards nudge all the time.

I must be doing something wrong, because this doesn't work at all for me. Pressing down on the analog stick barely moves the table, let alone give it enough bounce to flipper/nudge pass. I tried multiple times, with no luck whatsoever. Am i missing something here?

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
All you people with your bragging posts about high scores... I got 300M on DV, so not too far away from yours. Key, I found, it to focus on hurry ups as the scores increase each time they are activated on a single ball. I was getting over 2M for each shot on some of them!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I must be doing something wrong, because this doesn't work at all for me. Pressing down on the analog stick barely moves the table, let alone give it enough bounce to flipper/nudge pass. I tried multiple times, with no luck whatsoever. Am i missing something here?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. That's just an auto light nudge. Some people are able to take advantage of it, if the ball has a certain momentum going. I'm personally not one of them.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
By "pressing down on the anologue stick", do you mean pressing L3? It has a name, you know :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts