Zen Pinball - Star Wars

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I was expecting Clone Wars to mirror just the movie pilot for the series. It covers the TV series , including events as recent as Darth Maul's resurrection , his brother , Savage Oppress , ect.

I really like picking the missions in every one of these tables , (R1 or L2 to select) , but Im hoping these core 3 tables will be the only ones not available seperately on consoles . $9.99 was quite a hit to my meager savings , until I get working again. There isn't really a bad table among the 3 , each one has it's own strengths or weaknesses . Some appeal more than others , just hope they announce next tables really soon.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
After playing ESB, I'm very surprised they used sound-a-likes instead of actual sound clips from the film.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Also I prefer to play pinball in portrait on my ipad but with zen portrait is just horrible, too overhead or too far away whichever view you choose. In landscape I go round and round the camera views trying to find a nice balance but I'm never happy. I usually end up playing in landscape view 6 but it still isn't right.

Wow, for the life of me, I cannot find a camera angle I like. Portrait and landscape, all abysmal. I thought I was going to like these, but I don't. I'm going back to killin' Martians.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hamel, Fisher, and Ford on the table, Star Wars license, and no kickstarter. Yet the ESB table only costs $1.99, how can this be?

I've only played a handful of games so far but this is already my favorite Zen table.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Lucasfilm owns the likenesses of Luke, Leia, and Han, so they do not have to pay royalties to the actors, which is not the case with most movies. When your in a Star Wars film, you sign away everything.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Wow, for the life of me, I cannot find a camera angle I like. Portrait and landscape, all abysmal. I thought I was going to like these, but I don't. I'm going back to killin' Martians.

I have that same problem with Zen. For some reason on the PS3 I can't find a view I like. I do much better with the ios version in portrate. That and the flipper sounds drive me nuts.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I have that same problem with Zen. For some reason on the PS3 I can't find a view I like. I do much better with the ios version in portrate. That and the flipper sounds drive me nuts.

I'm digging the new Star Wars pins.'ESB is my favorite.

You are right. The flipper sounds are way too loud, but luckily You can adjust the music, sound fx, and mechanical sounds

I also though it was just me with the camera angles. They all seem really zoomed out and when
Multiball starts up wow!!! It's like a mile away.... You have to switch 'em quick.

It's taking me some time, but I am warming up to EP5. It's not the easiest table to get the silver trophy on either.
Maybe ZEN heard too many people say their tables were too easy?

The music is great. (Of course!), the graphics are very good, especially with the toys and animations.
The voices are eh; pretty hit and miss to be honest. Yoda sounds a bit off.

Still very worth the price of admission and I look forward
To the rest!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The flipper sounds are way too loud, but luckily You can adjust the music, sound fx, and mechanical sounds

You are right but if you turn down the option that affects the flipper sound it also reduces the volume of other sounds from the table.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Just changed the dot matrix color for ESB. The yellow color didn't fit imo.
Anyone else think the slingshots have a tad more power than on older tables?

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The music is great. (Of course!), the graphics are very good, especially with the toys and animations.
The voices are eh; pretty hit and miss to be honest. Yoda sounds a bit off.

Yoda's voice is the same one used for the Clone Wars animated series. Frank Oz voice samples are used in ESB table, not in Clone Wars table.

here's some inforegarding Clone Wars;

Jedi gal : Asoko Tanno apprentice to Anakin in CW series

Sith Woman: Asaajj Vetress apprentice to Count Dooku one of the Night Sisters ,a darkside female sect.

Darth Maul looking alien: Savage Oppress , created by the Night Sisters , to replace Ventress when Dooku betrays her, he went on to find his brother, Darth Maul alive and insane on a junk planet where his torso was discarded after episode one.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Played ESB and Boba Fett last night. Boba was buggy as all hell. The check wouldn't go away for the entire game.

It's good to see another developer putting out buggy pinball tables. Farsight isn't alone!

That being said, they tables are fun and very well detailed. The Han in Carbonite spinner is a nice touch.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
ESB is unplayable on my 4th gen iPod touch just like Excalibor. Very laggy and sluggish. Sorcerer's Liar plays fine though. Guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade my device to play it.

N

netizen

Played ESB and Boba Fett last night. Boba was buggy as all hell. The check wouldn't go away for the entire game.

It's good to see another developer putting out buggy pinball tables. Farsight isn't alone!

On boba fett you have the check mark to fire homing missiles to help complete missions, it is shown in the table guide.

But otherwise it is buggy as all get out. I have had it freeze up and crash my tablet several times.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
how does one nudge on this tables anyways???

This is a really good table. I like the action of the tiny right bottom flipper by the launcher... It is really different and when you nail that shot with this tiny flipper is gives a lot of satisfaction... I haven't learned the rules but I am enjoying the table overall. Ill keep playing later and try to figure it out.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
how does one nudge on this tables anyways???

The nudging in Zen is a bit different from TPA. Nudging while the ball is in the middle of the playfield or open area only moves it a little bit, as opposed to the "ball steering" on TPA. You really have to nudge it hard to get the ball to move in an open area on Zen.

But, if the ball is on the flipper or touching something solid, even the smallest nudge will bounce the ball a great deal. This is cool for nudge flipper passes and bang back/death saves. It is really easy to do a bang back on Zen. Or when the ball is rolling down the inlane, a little nudge wil send it to the other flipper.

Yea, kinda not realistic, but it's FUN!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yoda's voice is the same one used for the Clone Wars animated series. Frank Oz voice samples are used in ESB table, not in Clone Wars table.

The ESB table is the one I was talking about with the below average Yoda. There is no way that's Frank Oz's voice though. Also, I don't recall Frank Oz ever saying "Extra Ball you have" in any Star Wars movie. :p

My friend does a much better Yoda than in this game. In fact, while I was playing, he let out a few winners... "Green and wrinkly my balls are" was one of my favorites.

I could have done without the SITH and other prequel references in the ESB table. Maybe they were forced by Lucas to inject that stuff into the classics.

I'm also not a fan of Clone Wars or anything with any Darths other than Vader.
The table is pretty fun though, as is the Fett table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts