Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Trying to launch DX11 TPA in portrait crashes the application. Happens every time once you get past the initial splash screen. Worked fine on previous versions.

Works OK in Landscape.

:( :(

I had no problems playing in portrait. Single monitor, 1080x1920, nVidia GTX1060

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Trying to launch DX11 TPA in portrait crashes the application. Happens every time once you get past the initial splash screen. Worked fine on previous versions.

Works OK in Landscape.

I've had the same problem since the Cactus Jack update, loads, then crashes after a few seconds once the main menu is loaded. I had assumed it was a driver issue since it coincided with an NVIDIA update (GTX 1060), but since no other programs have been affected I haven't tried rolling back the drivers. As a temp fix I've been running TPA in windowed mode instead of fullscreen in portrait and it's been doing fine.

Edit: I run TPA at 2560x1440, but tried knocking it down to 1080x1920, saw the same crashes in fullscreen.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I just got the 3.5M bonus and Cactus Jack's-twice in fact. The goal never triggered.

A broken goal in TPA-that's a new one. :mad:

streetsonfire

Nov 5, 2013

Works OK in Landscape.

Same problem here as well. :(

DX9 portrait and DX 11 landscape work without crashing. I tried reinstalling the newest nvidia drivers with DDU, but that didn't help. Haven't tried an older driver yet.

Running a GTX 1080 at 1440x2560 on Windows 10

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
NOTE: No longer classified as an issue:

Twilight Zone:

Light sequences are wrong or off when compared to the actual machine. For instance, multiball should start out slow, then build up as the sounds do, instead of being quick and finished right before the explosion. Turns out, the enhanced lamp effects were added/fixed in 9.4H, the Home ROM, which will never see light in TPA. Observed between videos of different TZ's being played. Here's how it should be.

This was something I pondered for ages, comparing between videos and different recreations/machines of TZ. When I noticed that the same machine suffered as well, I looked into the different ROMs and the changelog over at Planetary Pinball. Turned out, they enhanced the light shows specifically for the Home version of 9.4. Darn shame, too. It would have been nice to see a non-home 9.4. PAPA uses 9.2 as well in their tournaments, which further leads to my conclusion of this issue being non-relevant.

Hopefully they'll end up releasing an official 9.4 soon. That issue has been bugging me, and it would really be nice to see some of those enhanced lamp effects make it in to TPA.

Example video of the 9.2 ROM, also used in TPA: (3:50)

Fixes later noticed:

Cyclone:

• The Ferris Wheel light is making the BONUS light flash at times.
  • The Ducks 25K light is making the Mystery Wheel arrow light flash at times.
  • The Ducks 50K light is making the right outlane EB light flash at times.
  • The Ducks Light EB light is making the top green wheel light on the backglass flash at times.
  • The Top Lane 1 light is making the bottom green wheel light on the backglass flash at times.
  • The Top Lane 2 light is making the 7X light flash at times.
  • The Top Lane 3 light is making the 1 Million Jackpot light on the backglass flash at times.
  • The middle Duck target light is flashing at times.
  • The DOUBLE light is flashing at times.
Swords of Fury:

• The Bonus (Magic) Special lights flash the 1,000,000 Jackpot light.
  • The Left Outlane Advance light flashes the 100K Magic Target light between the slingshots.
  • The Right Outlane Collect light flashes the "A" target in AVENGER.
  • The Bonus 1X light flashes the 150k white light, which scores for the Avengers value.
  • The Bonus 2X light flashes the 30k green light at Ogre's Alley.
  • The Bonus 4X light flashes the Release Titans light at the left side of the playfield.
  • Something flashes the Right Outlane Advance light.
  • Something flashes the 250K Avenger value light.
  • Something flashes the 2X Multiball Value light.
  • Something flashes the Avenge Again light.
  • Something flashes the Magic Special light.
  • Something flashes the 500K green light at Ogre's Alley.
  • Something flashes the Magic Special lights.
  • Something flashes the Extra Ball Avenger value light.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In 1.60.8 (DX9), exiting TPA locks my computer, fixable only by a restart. DX11 does not have this problem as far as I know.

I was using DX9 to see if any of the wizard goals which won't trigger in DX11 (CJ, AGBGOAWT) will in DX9. Wasn't good enough to confirm this LOL.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
OK FarSight. I've just had a game of Al's Garage Band where I have scored a 200M jackpot three times-and not once did the goal trigger.

A few weeks ago, I got the 3.5M bonus on Cactus Jack's, but that goal never triggered.

Gladiators and Doctor Who: Masters of Time were released with no goals or achievements unlocking.

Bone Busters Inc. took a month to finally make the "3 specials" goal unlockable.

Although BB, Gladiators, and DW:MoT were fixed, I've noticed a troubling trend where you're creating tables with bugged goals.

There are two achievements I should now have, but don't. Wonder-freakin'-ful!

I'd try these in DX9, but I have to do a hard reset on my computer just to leave TPA.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
I know this is a PC thread (I use a tablet to play), but I'm curious if the class of 1812 > 60 million goal is broken on PC as well. Scored 63 million + and it didn't register. I've yet to be able to achieve a score over that since, so I don't know if it was a one time fluke, or an active issue.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
OK FarSight. I've just had a game of Al's Garage Band where I have scored a 200M jackpot three times-and not once did the goal trigger.

A few weeks ago, I got the 3.5M bonus on Cactus Jack's, but that goal never triggered.

Gladiators and Doctor Who: Masters of Time were released with no goals or achievements unlocking.

Bone Busters Inc. took a month to finally make the "3 specials" goal unlockable.

Although BB, Gladiators, and DW:MoT were fixed, I've noticed a troubling trend where you're creating tables with bugged goals.

I'd try these in DX9, but I have to do a hard reset on my computer just to leave TPA.

I'll have someone look into it today. Thanks for the list!

I know this is a PC thread (I use a tablet to play), but I'm curious if the class of 1812 > 60 million goal is broken on PC as well. Scored 63 million + and it didn't register. I've yet to be able to achieve a score over that since, so I don't know if it was a one time fluke, or an active issue.

We'll look into it and I'll get back to you.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

I registered that goal on Android quite recently. I've had it completed on PC for ages.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Since the new UI, dx 9 feels like it takes twice as long as the dx 11 to browse the menu on my GTX960. Anyone else experience the longer delays in the UI experience?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
In 1.60.8 (DX9), exiting TPA locks my computer, fixable only by a restart. DX11 does not have this problem as far as I know.

I was using DX9 to see if any of the wizard goals which won't trigger in DX11 (CJ, AGBGOAWT) will in DX9. Wasn't good enough to confirm this LOL.

What hardware are you running the game with? And have you sent an email to support@farsightstudios.com? I haven't been able to reproduce this in the office, and I don't think we've had any other reports of this problem.

We're looking into the issue people have been having with the 200M jackpot goal on AGBGOAWT, but so far it's only happened sporadically for us. Most of the time the goal seems to be awarded fine, but other times the check completely fails. We should be able to fix it before the update goes out though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
What hardware are you running the game with? And have you sent an email to support@farsightstudios.com? I haven't been able to reproduce this in the office, and I don't think we've had any other reports of this problem.

We're looking into the issue people have been having with the 200M jackpot goal on AGBGOAWT, but so far it's only happened sporadically for us. Most of the time the goal seems to be awarded fine, but other times the check completely fails. We should be able to fix it before the update goes out though.

HP Envy 700 PC
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7 3.4 GHz
NVIDIA GTX 950 GPU
12GB Ram

Also, I will make sure to send an e-mail to support. Thank you for looking into those issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.