My first table has arrived

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've worked hard the last few days polishing all the steelwork and putting everything back together, finally got it playable again this afternoon. Having a few problems with the ball locking ramp which can be a bugger to set up. Sorted out the ball bouncing back into the trough by bending the ball feed arm a little so it's popping the ball out at more of an angle rather than it coming out straight into the plunge lane and bouncing back.

Using my iPhone as a spirit level across the playfield stood against the flippers I accidentally hit a flipper button and launched it up the playfield :D.

Still waiting on LED's, twat at pinball paradise has passed me on to pinball heaven who is supposed to be sorting me out.

I'll get some photos up soon.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
"Using my iPhone as a spirit level across the playfield stood against the flippers I accidentally hit a flipper button and launched it up the playfield ." LOL!
Power down when changing bulbs and other work there is alot of power going through that thing and it only takes a second and its better than frying a bord because something got bumped or a screw causes a short between pins because it dropped. Be safe and cant wait for pics.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I get a loud crack/pop through the bottom speaker when turning the power off at the wall. Is this common? Am I missing a ground loop filter or something? I'm worried its going to damage the speaker.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its powerd down before you unplug? if so wait 10-30 seconds as there is residual power left in the system I watched a bulb slowly dim today so another reason to power down before any work. I believe that pop is the voice coil jumping and that can damage a speaker, during your cleaning and moving things around maybe somethings loose Id check the speakers plugs and follow them to the board to start with if anything looks odd say something.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There should be a metal toggle switch under the bottom right of the cabinet, if your facing it reach under to the right. thats the power switch....you've just been plugging in and un-plugging? I unplug it all together if Im going to clean a socket or whatever I dont want to risk even a capacitor holding a charge.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Haven't seen that switch, will check when I get home. I've been turning it off at the wall.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
A few photos I've taken along the way;

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Some of the posts, especially in the pop bumper area are corroded, I'll replace these next time.

13EF3D95.jpg

A9B6F7C5.jpg

4C98E7B3.jpg

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Those 555 bulbs would look good with somred and the premium 2's you can take off the jeweled lense. I'll post pics of that.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
They are 44's actually. You can remove the frosted lens can you? I might fit some green in places as they are under green foliage printed plastics.going to try red and blue flashers to go along with the whole police chase thing.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Found the power switch on the underside of the table but its just the same as switching it off at the wall outlet, makes hell of a speaker busting crack. I'll get to checking my connections. The sound is out of all speakers not just the bottom one, I thought it was just that one because I'm on my hands and knees under the table to reach the outlet. At least now knowing where the switch is on the table I won't have to crawl under it anymore.

Sounds like its normal behavoir.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Inside the pop bumpers are 44's? I meant those they look like 555's no base just glass bulb with wires at bottom. RED and BLUE flashers would look good, maybe get some blue tall lenses like your reds.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
sorry no, I meant the gi's. Pop bumpers are 555's. What do you mean ' blue tall lenses ' ?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Oh you only have them on the supercharger I thought there were a couple around the table like NGG well you could swap out 2 reds for a clear and a blue that would give you that police effect :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts