PS3 version 2.11 & 2.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Unlike the last update, no update yet for EU version (still 1.08).

The friend leaderboard is still OK, though. :p

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Unlike the last update, no update yet for EU version (still 1.08).

The friend leaderboard is still OK, though. :p

Are you positive it's fine?
Can I ask how many PSN friends you currently have compared to how many of those friends are Pinball Arcade players?

We need more data on this. Farsight doesn't have a clue how to reproduce this bug and therefore will not attempt to fix it.

I've spent more than $100 on this game and at the moment feel like deleting the whole thing. :(
I used to enjoy adding friends and compete with them, now all of that is erased.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
1976mrk pointed this out over on the Vita forum: today in a response on their Facebook page, they posted:

The Pinball Arcade Nothing in the new patch should have added any bugs, all this patch contained is the addition of the season 1 bundle purchase and some minor menu tweaks. As far as past bugs, we have been working with Sony on a way to patch our already released tables, which up until now has been impossible on Sony platforms (they have a policy disallowing the changing of DLC).

So *maybe* something will be worked out and they'll be able to push bug fixes to the DLC tables :eek:oo *crosses fingers and toes*

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
1976mrk pointed this out over on the Vita forum: today in a response on their Facebook page, they posted:

So *maybe* something will be worked out and they'll be able to push bug fixes to the DLC tables :eek:oo *crosses fingers and toes*

The DLC patching is pointless if they can't get the huge bugs worked out of their main program.

They obviously changed the code enough to screw up the Friend sorting on the Leaderboards.

I guess since it only affects 30% of the players it doesn't exist??

We are currently working with Sony on a way to fix our already released DLC, which up until now has been impossible.
They also seem to have forgotten that they fixed the Monster Bash exploit with an update...
So NOT impossible!

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
My overall leaderboard seems fine but when I go to the friends tab it takes every one of my PS3 friends and gives them the score of the last table I looked at the overall leaderboard for.

This is interesting because now that you say it the last board I was looking at prior to this could have been with a filter that returned no results.. I seem to remember looking through the weekly lists with friends filter to see who had been playing what recently, and a lot of those return no results. So maybe that's why I'm stuck on "None" while others are stuck on something weird or not stuck at all..

Or..

It could be due to the number of people in the list like Spoonman said. I fired up my second PS3 (with no save file) and tried that with the same result for my account. But then I tried my guest account (that only has one friend - me) and the friends filter looks fine there. So that at supports the theory of number of friends in the list being a possible source of the issue.

We know that the main purpose of this update was UI changes and we also know that the game needs to pull in some account information to build the friends filter. Maybe they crossed up something in coding the new UI and stranded a variable, or broke some linkage, or blew out an array size, or who knows.

The information in this thread along with looking through the new code should be enough for them to figure it out and fix it. I'll just assume that they'll be able to do that before long.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The DLC patching is pointless if they can't get the huge bugs worked out of their main program.

They obviously changed the code enough to screw up the Friend sorting on the Leaderboards.

I guess since it only affects 30% of the players it doesn't exist??

They also seem to have forgotten that they fixed the Monster Bash exploit with an update...
So NOT impossible!

Man it's been, what, a day since the update came out? Relax, you're gonna give yourself a condition. Just because they haven't been able to reproduce it yet--wherever you heard that--doesn't mean they'll never address it.

Obviously they remember they patched a table or two when they really really had to, so "impossible" must mean in the sense that it's impossible for them to update DLC on a regular basis--outside of an emergency that some big shot has deemed an absolute *must fix*--due to Sony not wanting to move DLC resources into the main program if they can possibly avoid doing so. (And to Sony not having a means of actually updating this type of DLC itself under their current scheme, apparently. And to FarSight not being far-sighted enough to see this problem in the first place. But you know, water under the bridge I guess.)

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Man it's been, what, a day since the update came out? Relax, you're gonna give yourself a condition. Just because they haven't been able to reproduce it yet--wherever you heard that--doesn't mean they'll never address it.

Yeah, but I don't want this getting swept under the Space carpeting and forgotten about like other things they said they would address. This is a very important aspect of the game which hurts all 26 tables equally.
The time to move on it is now.

I was also pretty unhappy with their comment on FB about how this update couldn't have caused an issue with the Leaderboard since all it did was change the UI.

Also, it's too late... I already have a condition! :|
They were not owning up to it and when that happens they move on.

This is interesting because now that you say it the last board I was looking at prior to this could have been with a filter that returned no results.. I seem to remember looking through the weekly lists with friends filter to see who had been playing what recently, and a lot of those return no results. So maybe that's why I'm stuck on "None" while others are stuck on something weird or not stuck at all..

Or..

It could be due to the number of people in the list like Spoonman said. I fired up my second PS3 (with no save file) and tried that with the same result for my account. But then I tried my guest account (that only has one friend - me) and the friends filter looks fine there. So that at supports the theory of number of friends in the list being a possible source of the issue.

We know that the main purpose of this update was UI changes and we also know that the game needs to pull in some account information to build the friends filter. Maybe they crossed up something in coding the new UI and stranded a variable, or broke some linkage, or blew out an array size, or who knows.

The information in this thread along with looking through the new code should be enough for them to figure it out and fix it. I'll just assume that they'll be able to do that before long.

Thanks man. I appreciate the input.
We created a new page here
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Leaderboards-is-BROKEN-(video-demo-included)
Solely for trying to figure this thing out.

Please join us there and continue to help out. :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, but I don't want this getting swept under the Space carpeting and forgotten about like other things they said they would address. This is a very important aspect of the game which hurts all 26 tables equally.
The time to move on it is now.

I was also pretty unhappy with their comment on FB about how this update couldn't have caused an issue with the Leaderboard since all it did was change the UI.

Also, it's too late... I already have a condition! :|
They were not owning up to it and when that happens they move on.

I thought they did address the space carpet? : P

They've got a lot of stuff they're working on, if you've been following this forum you already know that they tend not to tell us about most of it until they've already been working on it for a while, sometimes quite a long time.

In particular, the person answering FB posts is not posting as a programmer, tester, designer, etc, and probably isn't one (I hope : o), they're probably one of the dedicated pr/support people Bobby has mentioned they've hired of late. So they very likely don't know everything everyone in the company knows, they probably have relatively little say in what does and doesn't get done, and you can't read that much into what they say in their FB replies. I mean, in general you shouldn't have a conniption over what someone on the Internet says, especially someone you don't know, and that goes at least double when you're on Facebook. : P

Anyway, that reply you're talking about was this one, which did not mention the leaderboards at all, and was in reply to a player post that did not mention the leaderboards at all. So they didn't say it couldn't have caused an issue with the leaderboard--the post and their reply wasn't that specific. You're getting all worked up about your leaderboard thing because of a reply to something that wasn't about the leaderboard thing!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Anyway, that reply you're talking about was this one, which did not mention the leaderboards at all, and was in reply to a player post that did not mention the leaderboards at all. So they didn't say it couldn't have caused an issue with the leaderboard--the post and their reply wasn't that specific. You're getting all worked up about your leaderboard thing because of a reply to something that wasn't about the leaderboard thing!

Actually, they left the exact same reply when I posted the link to the 2.11 Leaderboard friend bug BEFORE that other one.
They tend to copy/paste the same answer to different questions asked on FB.
Another common answer I see, for example, is "yes!, we're looking into that."

Why have the No Good Gofers physics completely changed then?

Also after updating, all of my friends leaderboards are completely blank.

As far as the friends list on the Leaderboards goes, if you have any details to share please post here:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Leaderboards-is-BROKEN-(video-demo-included)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Actually, they left the exact same reply when I posted the link to the 2.11 Leaderboard friend bug BEFORE that other one.
They tend to copy/paste the same answer to different questions asked on FB.
Another common answer I see, for example, is "yes!, we're looking into that."

Over the past day or so they've been answering posts like crazy, but I only see two related to the leaderboard thing before that, and in both of them they asked for clarification, which was not the same thing at all. Maybe I'm missing the one you're thinking of.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Over the past day or so they've been answering posts like crazy, but I only see two related to the leaderboard thing before that, and in both of them they asked for clarification, which was not the same thing at all. Maybe I'm missing the one you're thinking of.

It was asked about on a reply to another early post regarding the 2.11 update.
I am on my iPhone now and thanks to a bug in the Facebook app I can no longer "View posts by others".
I'll check for it later.

I would like to hear something from one of the Farsight employees on here.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, downloaded the update...

And can confirm that when I go to the leaderboard, under friends it lists ZERO.

Everything else seems normal to me though. It filters fine for showing my place and overall scores.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Are you positive it's fine?
Can I ask how many PSN friends you currently have compared to how many of those friends are Pinball Arcade players?

I've just checked a few minutes ago, there's no TPA update yet for european players. Our current number version is 1.08... I guess the next will be 1.09. :p

As there is no update, friend leaderboards are still OK for us.

I have 10 "buddies" on my TPA friend list, and something like 50 for PSN (my PSN friendlist was almost full a few weeks ago, but I've done a big cleaning).

I wonder if european players will have the same leaderboard bug? We haven't the same number version than NA players, but I guess patch content is strictly the same... so the same bug should occur.

We'll see!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts