PS3 version 2.11 & 2.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
...is out now, as I saw from a confused player post on Facebook. Currently downloading, 276 MB.

Uhm that's 276 "megabytes," not "Monster Bash." : P

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
For only being 276 Monster Bashes that download took a while for me.
Kinda surprised to see the "Season" stuff made it to PS3 before mobile.
Looks like they are going to be making the main menu one hell of a mess as they move forward

Edit: Annoyed "Arabian Nights" is still alphabetically under Tales. And how do the table goals stars STILL not work on the table menu?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The "New Tables" button is gone from the main menu, replaced with "Season One Tables" and "Season Two Tables" buttons; both grayed out on mine, I suppose because I own all of them. The other main menu buttons have got new, generic graphics and a different on-screen arrangement.

Hopefully that wasn't all of the UI graphic revamp they were planning! Haven't noticed any other changes so far. Flipper lag still present at 1080p, and the ball collision fix isn't in.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Looks like they are going to be making the main menu one hell of a mess as they move forward

Yeahhh...although presumably they've planned out how many "Seasons" they'll have in TPA before moving on to a whole new game. Can't say the menu's looks have improved one way or the other currently, and the "season" thing might be a bit more confusing than "new tables" was (which was already somewhat confusing).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The "New Tables" button is gone from the main menu, replaced with "Season One Tables" and "Season Two Tables" buttons; both grayed out on mine, I suppose because I own all of them. The other main menu buttons have got new, generic graphics and a different on-screen arrangement.

Hopefully that wasn't all of the UI graphic revamp they were planning! Haven't noticed any other changes so far. Flipper lag still present at 1080p, and the ball collision fix isn't in.

Also gray from owning them all. Just kind of wondering how much of a mess it will be after we get to season 4-5 or so....

Edit: Looks like they fixed that wad of black stray pixels on the Big Shot menu. Glad that's gone...kept thinking some of my TV pixels died.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The main menu tweaks are temporary. FarSight has a dedicated UI programmer currently working on giving the entire UI a face lift. The main function of the UI will remain the same, but overall look will be more modernized.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Also gray from owning them all. Just kind of wondering how much of a mess it will be after we get to season 4-5 or so....

Looks like they fixed that wad of black stray pixels on the Big Shot menu. Glad that's gone...kept thinking some of my TV pixels died.

Good catch! Also the "Big Shot" logo graphic is no longer squished vertically.

If I'm being cynical, which I am :D, the simple answer to the season button space question is that they only plan on filling two "seasons" in TPA (1?) on PS3, ie up through table pack 20.

EDIT: Oh poo PW just shot holes in my cynicism. : {

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The main menu tweaks are temporary. FarSight has a dedicated UI programmer currently working on giving the entire UI a face lift. The main function of the UI will remain the same, but overall look will be more modernized.

Thanks PW ... I was thinking that was part of what the new UI guy must have came up with.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I suppose the arrival of this little update suggests that they're pretty close to rolling out their "Season One" table bundle sale on PSN.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Also seems they were in the process of adding another option to the in table settings screen. There is now a 5th option that doesn't have anything written by it. Guessing it must be the event cam toggle. Tried pressing it and it made the chime but after a few tries it doesn't seem to be "hooked up" yet as far as I can tell.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Mobiles do get so much better support than the PS3 does.. I wonder if we can trade whoever does the PS3 version and a coder to be named later for Ryan Routon?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So no list of whats NEW or changend posted anywhere? only for mobiles eh?

I think if they started making change logs public people would be able to tell that nothing has changed for the better instead of just guessing that it hasn't.

But seriously.... New update and still no 3D support?
I wonder if they are either going to scrap this altogether, or worse, try and sell it as DLC add-on content!

I don't understand why or what the Seasons squares are for. Both are grey'd out and are useful for?

Also, I'm sure this has already been answered, but Farsight is unable to improve any of the current 22 DLC tables by way of patching the main program, correct?

So it seems the best a PS3 owner can hope for with these frequent and large updates is a better UI and possibly 3D support.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The friends filter on the leaderboard seems to be broken now, all of the tables just say "None" with the friends filter on now.

EDIT: The Tournament leaderboard seems to be gone too, all it shows are the all-time lists regardless of which button I press.. and it says I didn't participate even though I did.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The friends filter on the leaderboard seems to be broken now, all of the tables just say "None" with the friends filter on now.

EDIT: The Tournament leaderboard seems to be gone too, all it shows are the all-time lists regardless of which button I press.. and it says I didn't participate even though I did.

All the leaderboard filters work fine on my PS3...even the friends I've added today after the update show up just fine. However, I'm also getting the Tournament leaderboards both showing the regular leaderboards instead of the Tournament leaderboards issue.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
They've made correction to table through the update before. The Frankenstein jackpot bug in MB and the skill shot in BOP come to mind.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

Yeah, something is seriously screwed up with the Leaderboards now!
When filtering "Friends" it shows EVERYONE of my PSN friends (47 of them).
Even those who don't own TPA and my scores are nowhere to be found!!!

Man, I should never have updated this. What was I thinking!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
All the leaderboard filters work fine on my PS3...even the friends I've added today after the update show up just fine. However, I'm also getting the Tournament leaderboards both showing the regular leaderboards instead of the Tournament leaderboards issue.

I think the same thing is happening to at least one other person on my friends list. He actually sent me a message saying he thought the leaderboards were erased, which is why I went to look. I'm assuming he was seeing the same thing as me with the empty friends filter.

EDIT: After seeing Spoonman's post - its strange that we're seeing such an array of different results..

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
This...

Also, was there supposed to be something here??
null_zpsf49326ee.jpg

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Huh, my leaderboard seems fine. I only have a couple Friends who have TPA scores though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts