PS3 version 2.11 & 2.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I haven't seen a changelog for 2.12... is there a separate iOS development team and a part-time PS3 developer at FS that each have their own release standards? This is how things CAN be done: http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...ersion-1-2-8-Update-COMPLETE-Changelog-INSIDE!

They have no problem listing what was changed on the iOS version
TPA_Update_iOS_zps649f15e5.png

so I don't understand why it's impossible to figure out what's new in the PS3 port.

Are the Seasons 1 & Seasons 2 buttons supposed to do anything?
I'd rather have a "Sort by Creator" and "My Favorites" instead!

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
2.12 and leaderboards still broken... not having friend leaderboards kind of zaps some motivation to play :/

That's a -relatively- new issue and it may have to do with Sony's end so perhaps we should still give them a bit of leeway as we can't know how fast Sony gets back to their minor developers. [edit: this is not derogatory to FS, it's the same with Microsoft and their "royalty" customers vs. a manufacturer that does 10s of thousands SKUs vs. millions]

That being said, we've seen 2.10, 2.11 and now 2.12 that -as far as I can see for lack of changelogs- only adds their "Season Pass" business model. But still the ugly stretched table logos. That's 3 downloads totaling over 750MB. I'm lucky to have no cap and fiber-to-the-home Internet, so 250MB+ downloads are no issue, but it's still a wasted opportunity. Where's the Pinball Arcade 2.0 that will allow DLC packs to be fixed on PS3. See the Bobby King interview where he wondered if TPA owners would want the big core game download. I guess we all just had 750MB worth of mandatory download for zero game-playing benefit over the last few weeks, so point is now moot, which will allow for a well-worded "undodgeable" follow-up question for the next round.

Edit: that issue with TZ sometimes starting a weird 2-player game is also still present in 2.12

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know what was actually changed from 2.11 to 2.12 besides a small menu tweak?

I have had 2 system freezes when exiting from both Black Hole and Circus Voltaire, but I don't know if that is new with 2.12.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Does anyone know what was actually changed from 2.11 to 2.12 besides a small menu tweak?

I have had 2 system freezes when exiting from both Black Hole and Circus Voltaire, but I don't know if that is new with 2.12.

Outside of FS there is no way for anyone to know what was changed.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

I had one freeze after a game of Firepower and opening my trophy list.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I had one freeze after a game of Firepower and opening my trophy list.

Freeze when opening the trophy list (during a TPA game) isn't because of the last update. I've experienced this freeze two times in a row with the european 1.07 update (March 2013). The EU version is currently 1.08 (April 2013) and we don't have yet the last update in Europe (Season Pack not available).

So, I don't open anymore my trophy list when playing TPA! ^^

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
After upgrading to 2.12:
Gorgar locked up the PS3 so hard I had to hold down power to shut it off.
Elvira & the Party Monsters stopped playing lights/sounds mid-game. I could still bat the ball around, and when it drained, the game just sat there dark & idle until I held the PS button to abort.
After these problems, I was too hacked off to bother trying any other tables. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts