PS3 version 2.11 & 2.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
No Good Gofers physics have changed. This is apparent when making the Putting Green shot from the right flipper: after the update, you need to flip closer to the tip of the flipper than before the update in order to make this shot.

Also no No Good Gofers, the "ball through the flipper" bug is back. In one game I had 4 balls I was trying to trap go right through the left flipper (3 balls all at once in multiball falling through, and one ball later on). I've made a thread about the ball through flipper bug in the Gofers forum.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I keep my friends list VERY small (8 people), and only two of them play TPA. That being said, it works for my account.

-LeRoy3rd

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Interesting! I wonder if the bug is associated with having a large friends list.

It's possible. Let's see what the threshold is for # of friends and it still working vs not. I'll start...I've got 80+ friends and it doesn't work. Of those, 50+ are TPA players. So, the current count is...

80/50 = no bueno
8/2 = yee-haw!

If you have numbers that fall inbetween that spectrum, post and maybe we can figure out where the cap is.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
It's possible. Let's see what the threshold is for # of friends and it still working vs not. I'll start...I've got 80+ friends and it doesn't work. Of those, 50+ are TPA players. So, the current count is...

80/50 = no bueno
8/2 = yee-haw!

If you have numbers that fall inbetween that spectrum, post and maybe we can figure out where the cap is.

Does the PS3 menu say somewhere your total number of friends? And how many have TPA?

Edit: I just did a manual count. I have 56 PSN friends and I get "None" for all friends leaderboards. Probably about half of those PSN friends have Pinball Arcade.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
21 friends and it works for me. Someone with alot of friends having this problem try deleting friends and see if it works, write down the names first so you can re-add them.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
21 friends and it works for me. Someone with alot of friends having this problem try deleting friends and see if it works, write down the names first so you can re-add them.

Reducing number of friends seems to make a difference.

I started with 56 PSN friends and None for friends leaderboards.
Trimmed it down to 51 friends, fired up TPA, friends lists still say None.
Trimmed it down to 48 friends, fired up TPA, friends lists now display names and scores, but the scores are incorrect. The same names and scores are listed for every table.
Trimmed it down to 39 friends, fired up TPA, friends lists now only show my own score.

Summary:

51 friends: "None" for all tables
48 friends: Incorrect names/scores, same list for every table
39 friends: Only my own score is shown

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
This is all disappointing to see. I haven't had a chance to try the update, it looks like nothings fixed and now even more bugs. I've been buying every pack for the PS3 on the day of release since pack 4 to support it. I think I'll stop now. I can wait until season 2 is complete and discounted before buying any more tables unless these bugs all get fixed before then. I'll consider Pinball Arcade on hold for the time being.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Rather than just "monitoring" this thread it would be nice if someone from FS could post here. Maybe have us test stuff for them or send someone there a bunch of friend requests so they can see the problem.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the response I just got from FarSight support...

It seems that there is a blossoming issue happening on the Sony platforms. We are currently endeavoring to figure out what is causing the problem, who's end it's on, and how to fix the issue. Please continue to be patient. We should have a patch out for this soon if it is on our end.

Thought I'd share.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Here's the response I just got from FarSight support...

It seems that there is a blossoming issue happening on the Sony platforms. We are currently endeavoring to figure out what is causing the problem, who's end it's on, and how to fix the issue. Please continue to be patient. We should have a patch out for this soon if it is on our end.

Thought I'd share.

I am glad they are looking into who to pin this on.
Honestly, I blame Springtime... So much stuff blossoms this time of year. My allergies are proof of this!

Anyway,
47 friends / at least 12 are TPA players / all 47 shows up in the Friend sorted Leaderboards. My score, however, does not show on any if the games (see video for details).

Should we post details here or in the 2.11 Leaderboard Bug thread? Or both...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Bit confused, if the submission process is so long...How did the PS3 get the "seasons" before Android ... and how do we already have another update?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Bit confused, if the submission process is so long...How did the PS3 get the "seasons" before Android ... and how do we already have another update?

Had to be timed to coincide with the marketing blitz on the PS Store, I'd bet--marketing deadlines can have that kind of pull. My money's on 2.12 being some kind of bug fix for the Season thing--might fix this no access problem or something similar, for instance. Can't think of what else they'd need such quick turnaround for, aside from maybe the Friend leaderboard bug.

2.12 is the same size as 2.11: 276 Monster Bashes.

EDIT: Well the main menu icons do look slightly less bad now, at least.

EDIT 2: My Friends menu is still okay, although two more Friends just showed up, guess they're probably trying the free PS+ subscriber deal or something. Jeez I hope they don't glitch me out. : P

Now we can wait and see how many people think this update has fixed the flipper lag (it hasn't).

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Had to be timed to coincide with the marketing blitz on the PS Store, I'd bet--marketing deadlines can have that kind of pull. My money's on 2.12 being some kind of bug fix for the Season thing--might fix this no access problem or something similar, for instance...

This is the only feasible answer in my mind. Nothing will get Sony going like the potential debacle a broken promotional game would cause. That issue you linked to would have led to a lot of people asking for refunds on the DLC bundle purchase if it wasn't fixed immediately.

I don't see why FS changed the UI for this anyway, there was no need to. Let people buy the bundle in the store for the discount but then the tables should all just show up in the regular list like they do for people that bought them individually. They were just creating problems for themselves by over-complicating things.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
2.12 is out time for a new thread? the UI looks alot better. Still no mention what changed with this update again.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think a mod could just add "& 2.12" to this thread since there's probably not that much different outside of the main UI screen, nothing in terms of gameplay anyway I'm sure. Its still got all of the same friends-filter and tournament issues too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think a mod could just add "& 2.12" to this thread since there's probably not that much different outside of the main UI screen, nothing in terms of gameplay anyway I'm sure. Its still got all of the same friends-filter and tournament issues too.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts