Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 1.2.8 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I just did the update and now Pinball Arcade wont launch, the icon just flashes when you click it but the app wont launch at all. I deleted and reinstalled from scratch to see if that made any difference but now I cant play any tables :(

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Seems to be broken on iPad 3 (OS 5.1.1). When I attempt to launch it the screen goes black for a split second then you're dropped back to the app selection screen. Tried deleting and downloading the app from scratch and same issue.

I also noticed the icon was incorrect in the iTunes store (displaying WhiteWater) but when the app installs it changes to Centaur.

I tried downloading the Free version too and it created 2 Pinball Arcade app icons. Same experience for both. Phewy.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
@ Iain
What device and version of iOS are you using?

@ Iain & Crawley
If you guys could send me the console output for the crash, I might be able to isolate the issue.

http://developer.apple.com/library/i...47/_index.html

Apple said:
Getting Console Output Without Xcode

Sometimes you may have to debug a problem "in the field", or tell a tester how to gather more information and send it to you. When installing Xcode isn't an option, download the iPhone Configuration Utility to save Console output. It is available for both Mac OS X and Windows.

1) Plug in the device and open iPhone Configuration Utility

2) Select the device under DEVICES in the left-hand column

3) Select the Console tab

4) Press the "Save Console As..." button in the lower right of the window to export the Console log.

If this post belongs in the bug thread, please move it. :p

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
It could be your iOS version. I'm on iOS 6.1 (no, not the newest .3 version either) on the iPad 3 and I have no issue. Try rebooting the iPad (hold down Home & power/lock at the same time till the Apple logo shows onscreen). If that doesn't fix it, it may be your iOS version. :(

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I'm on iPad 3 and running 5.1.1

I have also tried rebooting and no luck, the app no longer launches :(

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
Stuart,

Can you PM me an email addy so I can send you the text file as an attachment, I have just saved it on a notepad

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have the update but it won't open for me either. Ipad2 running IOS 5.1
I have a feeling this is an iOS related issue. I have an iPad 2 as well as an iPad 3, both on iOS 6.1 and neither have issues running the new update. Hopefully FarSight can address this issue since I know that many iPad 2 users (at least) are wanting to stay on iOS 5.x, at least for the near future

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 WiFi / 6.1.3

Bug Description: App launches. i was able to purchase the new tables. When I try to play any table the initial "3D fly by" of the table loads and then 1 second later the app crashes.

Steps To Reproduce: Launch any table.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: Tried manually killing the process from the tray. Rebooted multiple times. Same issue.

EDIT: I deleted the app and reinstalled, redownloading all tables, and it fixed itself.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Known issues in v1.2.8:

• The HUD in FunHouse may be incorrectly displayed.
  • Touch scheme assignment may display but not take effect on tables. If this happens, change the touch scheme to any other option, resume play, then return the touch scheme to the desired option. This workaround should only need to be done once per affected table.
  • The local high score list in Pinbot may occasionally reset to the factory default values.

deadkat37

Aug 16, 2012
Hi,
Just downloaded 1.2.8 on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1 and it now crashes back to the homepage when trying to launch.

The Pinball Arcade splash screen is displayed for a split second before crashing.

Tried a full reboot, ended all other running apps, and deleting and re-installing.

I understand that obscure bugs like this can slip through testing.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have the same problem as many others - the game crashes when I enter a table to play it (during the fly-over). Crash logs have been sent to Stuart.

iPhone 4s, 6.1.2.

tjsoundguy

Mar 16, 2013
iPhone 5
Same crash as most - all tables crash at flyover.

*UPDATE*

After I got home from work last night, I deleted & redownloaded on my iPhone5. Seems to work now (haven't tried playing more tables than the 2 new ones, but NO crash at flyover now).

Downloaded on my good old iPad 2 with no problems.

Last edited:

Travis Kneale

Dec 25, 2012
I downloaded the Update and now the program crashes. I cannot get to the tables that i have purchased. The screen flashes then goes back to the homepage.
Running: iPad 1st edition OS 5.1.1
Thanks!

Rivercider

Jul 8, 2012
Hi, I run ios 6.1.3 on an ipad2 and was able to buy the new tables but now cannot play any tables at all, crashes immediately I try to play any table.

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
iPad 3 5.1.1 ...same here, it won't launch. I tried to reinstall but without luck. I've just read that others are experiencing the same, so there seems to be an issue with iOS 5.1.1

No Pinball Arcade until they fix it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.