Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
iPad 3 5.1.1 ...same here, it won't launch. I tried to reinstall but without luck. I've just read that others are experiencing the same, so there seems to be an issue with iOS 5.1.1

No Pinball Arcade until they fix it :(

Is there a reason not to update to iOS 6.1.3?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
so there seems to be an issue with iOS 5.1.1
I don't think that's 100% it. I'm seeing people with the same issue running iOS 6.x, myself included.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 = no crash
iPad 2 iOS 6.1 = no crash
iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 = no crash
iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 = crash (NOT the 4S)

Last edited:

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
iPad 4, 6.1.3 Centaur
No crashes so far, but there is a dead zone to the left of the right flipper. Placing my thumbs in the same place as every other game, flipper doesn't flip. Have to move right thumb further right to make it work.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Here's what I found...it again has to do with having *two versions* of TPA, the FREE version and the PAID version (TPA had other issues in the past because of this). It seems if you have the crash issue after selecting a table (where the flyover should start), you need to run the FREE version. I have both versions on my iDevices. Here's what I did that fixed the crash:

(Note that I had both versions (FREE and PAID) of TPA installed at the time of this test)

1. Delete the FREE version, keep the paid version intact with your tables intact along with your past purchases. If you need to restore purchases, use this version to do it.
2. Reinstall the FREE version
3. Use the FREE version to play the game.
4. The PAID version will continue to crash so don't use it. (TPA PAID will crash after each table download so take this into consideration)
5. You'll likely need to download all your tables within the FREE version

Your past table purchases should already be enabled when you run the FREE version
You table(s) will have to be re-downloaded
The PAID version will continue to crash so don't use it
I did NOT try to delete the PAID version to see if there was any effect on the FREE version. Feel free to try this on your own as I'm off to play some pinball, dammit!

This worked for me on my iPhone 4, iOS 6.1. Hope it helps you guys out! :cool:

Last edited:

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Works great on my iPad 2 (6.1.3) but it crashes every time I hit start on a table on iPhone 5 (6.1.4)

Jul 2, 2012
Seeing the crashing here as well when trying to select a table… I've never had the free version on any of my devices.

iPhone 5 - iOS 6.1.4.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ipad 4, iOS 6.1.3
Have not hit the crashing problem in either the free or paid version of the app yet.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Seeing the crashing here as well when trying to select a table… I've never had the free version on any of my devices.

iPhone 5 - iOS 6.1.4.

I'm fine with zero crashes on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. I'm using the paid app and I don't have the free version. I don't see how it can work fine for some and not work for others on the same hardware and same iOS version.

I've also had zero crashes on an iPad Mini with iOS 6.1.3 and iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
No way i download the free version. Just not gonne use this update. Hope they fix the mess fast.
There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the FREE version...I've had both on all my devices since I first downloaded it. It's a valid and useable work-around until they sort the issue. Use it and play or don't use it and wait...

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
...as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed

MM bug 05-015 as seen in MM's Master Issues List still exists (Troll bombs are used during any kill-a-troll mode whenever you nudge).

Also, MB's similar bug still exists (see http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4365-Monster-Bombs-buggy-just-like-MM-s-Troll-Bombs for details; Sean hasn't folded this into MB's Master Issues List yet).

I was hoping that the repositionable Launch button and/or the new touch nudge functionality would somehow make these bugs go away, but no. :(

btmmayor

Apr 12, 2012
Do the nudge zones appear in the free version? I don't see them and have tried the pausing/changing nudge options trick posted earlier and don't see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts