Bug iOS Version 2.6.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 2.6.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
iPad 3, iOS 6.1.3

Flight 2000

I just had a bug that I didn't see during extensive beta testing, a plunged ball didn't get very far up the launch lane and somehow warped through the left wall onto the playfield. The camera remained on the plunger and the flippers weren't controllable so the ball drained. It all happened so fast it was impossible to see where it cut through the wall. I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Last edited:

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
iPad 4, iOS 6.1.3

Goin Nuts

Backglass doesn't show active score or ball number.

After playing a ball switch to plunger view three and the Backglass shows a score of 000000 and ball 01.

Fequency: 100%

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
iPad 2 ... iOS 6.1.2

Flight 2000 awarded me the 5th standard goal of "Score 750,000 points" although I haven't managed to do that yet ... maybe all added up, but definitely not in one game.

I was on 2nd ball of maybe my 10th game, had about 78k and it said, "Goal 5 Complete"

Good for me, but a bug I believe.

Last edited:

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Flight 2000 awarded me the 5th standard goal of "Score 750,000 points" although I haven't managed to do that yet ... maybe all added up, but definitely not in one game.

Confirmed - iPad4, iOS 6.1.3

I was playing my second game of Flight 2000 when The "Goal 5 Achieved" text appeared. My score at the time was ~250K, but I saw ~2805000 (looks a lot like local high score #1) flash briefly on the score display before the "Goal 5 Achieved" text disappeared.

My first game wasn't good enough to make the top 5 (#5 LHS entry is 381680), so my cumulative total hadn't hit 750K yet.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
A similar (same?) bug just gave me Wizard Goal #5 without actually hitting 2M points.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4th gen/iOS v6.1.3. **iPad 3rd gen/iOS v6.1.3 & iPhone 5/iOS v6.1.0 NOT affected**

Bug Description: Stuttering/poor performance on Whirlwind table (carry-over from previous version of TPA v1.2.11)

Steps To Reproduce: Play Whirlwind table

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: Stuttering is very noticeable if playing in unlocked camera view and the screen scrolls to follow the ball. If playing in locked camera view, stuttering is noticeable when the table pans from plunger view to overhead table view. Stuttering is also visible on the table fly-over (but very minor). The camera view which shows the most of the table on screen at one time is more susceptible to the stutter/performance hit. Post-processing is NOT enabled as the option to enable/disable it has in fact been removed from the current TPA v2.6.0.

**iPad 3rd gen/iOS v6.1.3 & iPhone 5/iOS v6.1.0 NOT affected**

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2, but i'm sure all are affected

Bug Description: Goin' Nuts "Call Attendant" feature is useless since you cannot plunge the ball. also, tilting during ball launch breaks the table.

Steps To Reproduce: Play Goin Nuts, Tilt before all three balls are on the table.

Additional Comments:
i ran into this due to the propensity of the first launched ball on Goin' Nuts to go SDTM right away. i nudge as it comes out of the lane to prevent that. however, i accidentally tilted on one of my attempts, and discovered two separate problems.

1) tilting while the balls are launching puts the table in a broken state. the two balls on the table drained, but then the table just sat. i couldn't see the shooter lane, but i assume one of the three balls was just sitting there. the table acted like it was waiting for all three to drain, but that was never going to happen.
2) "call attendant" is broken on this table, since the attendant dutififully comes and places the ball back in the shooter lane, which of course doesn't help, since there's no plunger :(

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Flight 2000 art issue

Device/OS: All iOS Devices

Bug Description: Misaligned & doubled Phillips-head screw texture, just above right flipper on bottom side of orange plastic (leading to the flipper)

Steps To Reproduce: none

Frequency: always

Additional Comments: Always visible (if/when you know it's there) but is much more noticeable when zoomed in using Pro Menu Table Exploration. Not very visible when playing the table normally on the iPad 3 & 4. I would say virtually impossible to see when playing normally on the iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
IPad 3, iOS 6.1.3

Flight 2000

Minor art issue, there's a line on the side rail to the right of the plunger that moves when you plunge;

f888003238896cfbb020b62770eb8fa9_zps1cb765ec.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
iPad 3, iOS 6.1.3

Flight 2000

I just had a bug that I didn't see during extensive beta testing, a plunged ball didn't get very far up the launch lane and somehow warped through the left wall onto the playfield. The camera remained on the plunger and the flippers weren't controllable so the ball drained. It all happened so fast it was impossible to see where it cut through the wall. I haven't been able to reproduce it.

I just had this happen again, I can't be the only one!. Again I didn't see exactly how/where the ball warped through the launch lane wall but it was very soon after launching would have been very low down if not immediately after the plunger.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
iPad2 / iOS 6.1.3

Geine

Earning an extra ball does not award the corresponding wizard goal.
I had at least 2 extra balls earned in two different ways but none awared the wizard goal.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
iPad 2 / iOS 6.1.2

Goin Nuts

Bug: erroneous replay knocker is heard before the first ball of the game

Steps to reproduce: Open Pinball Arcade, play Goin' Nuts

Additional comments: It only knocks before playing the game after a TPA reset. Playing it after a small break disables the glitch until the next time you restart TPA.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Goin' Nuts:

If you tilt the table before the 3rd ball is ejected, the game gets stuck because there's a ball in the launcher but since you can't launch the ball manually, it's game over. No way out other than to quit the game.

Or basically - don't tilt! Everytime I tilted, I had to quit the game to recover.

Edit: Oops. Saw it was listed on master issues list.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Most standard and wizard goals lost.

Lost 3000 points in Hall of Fame.

When I redo goals they will not save.

No matter what I do when I reopen the app in back at 1300 points.

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
iPad 2 ... iOS 6.1.2

Flight 2000

Don't know if this is a bug, but I was in the pro menu, turned on ball control to practice some shots.
When I finished messing around I had 3M+ and it saved in my high score list.

Doesn't seem right.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
iPad 2 ... iOS 6.1.2

Flight 2000

Don't know if this is a bug, but I was in the pro menu, turned on ball control to practice some shots.
When I finished messing around I had 3M+ and it saved in my high score list.

Doesn't seem right.

Looking at the code, it should still add the score to your local high scores and allow you to enter initials for it.

However, it shouldn't allow you to get goals, post to the leaderboards, or get hall of fame points.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I still cannot start TZ on ipad2, but I can play it on iphone4S

On the iPad2 I only have to move TZ to the centre of the screen, and it closes the app

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I still cannot start TZ on ipad2, but I can play it on iphone4S

On the iPad2 I only have to move TZ to the centre of the screen, and it closes the app
Have you tried deleting TZ and redownloading it through the Manage Tables feature in the Options menu? It sounds like one of the table resource files got corrupt on your iPad. A fresh copy of the table might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online