Portrait mode on PC? (Update: Now Available)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I have one of those too.
Do they allow you to switch to portrait now in the beta? I haven't tried for a couple of versions. I know it wasn't allowed in earlier releases.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I have one of those too.
Do they allow you to switch to portrait now in the beta? I haven't tried for a couple of versions. I know it wasn't allowed in earlier releases.

Yes but you have to be in Fullscreen Windowed Mode, at least with my hardware.

Jeff, the XArcade is the newer version of my HannaHo HotRod. Xarcade bough HannaHo out some time ago, IIRC. Mine is so old it is a passthrough keyboard device, LOL. The newer ones are USB

Got my moneys worth for sure, bought it around 1999 or so.

Later bud,

Timelord ...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes but you have to be in Fullscreen Windowed Mode, at least with my hardware.

Jeff, the XArcade is the newer version of my HannaHo HotRod. Xarcade bough HannaHo out some time ago, IIRC. Mine is so old it is a passthrough keyboard device, LOL. The newer ones are USB

Got my moneys worth for sure, bought it around 1999 or so.

Later bud,

Timelord ...

Right on! Good to hear it's still kicking.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I knew there was a reason I did not get rid of my old 48" LCD Sony TV.

XkXiUb4.jpg

View angle 4. Was very enjoyable playing like this even though it is stretched ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Portrait Mode Coming Soon!

Via Facebook:

"Downloading the game will get you the full version of Tales of the Arabian Nights, and all other Table Packs that we've released on any platforms are immediately available for purchase! Over time, we will be adding more and more awesome features, such as Tournaments and Online Head-to-Head, as well as DirectX 11 dynamic lighting and graphics upgrades, and starting with an update today: portrait display mode!"

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, they just deleted that post and rephrased it:

"and an update soon with portrait display mode!"

At least we now know that it's just around the corner. :)

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'm not huge into this, but my PB278Q monitor that I got for doing visual effects monitor does rotate so I'll try it out for the novelty. :) I don't think I'm about to adjust the VESA mounts on any of my TVs to change their orientation 90' though. :p

Edit: Also, entertained by how they said it's coming 'Today'. Sometimes I feel the PR and the Dev people are on different pages. I have this mental image of Mike reading the Facebook account and going 'Today!? It's not today! OH GOD THOSE PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS ARE GOING TO EAT ME ALIVE. D:'

Last edited:

roffels

Nov 2, 2013
Just saw Farsight post this one facebook:

Hey, Pinball Arcade Fans!

We know you guys have been waiting a long time, and now it's finally here. The PC version of Pinball Arcade is now available on Steam as a FREE download! The Pinball Arcade features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern®, and Gottlieb® together in one game.

Downloading the game will get you the full version of Tales of the Arabian Nights, and all other Table Packs that we've released on any platforms are immediately available for purchase! Over time, we will be adding more and more awesome features, such as Tournaments and Online Head-to-Head, as well as DirectX 11 dynamic lighting and graphics upgrades, and starting with an update today: portrait display mode!

FarSight Studios is excited to be able to finally get this out for everyone to play and enjoy! For Kickstarter backers: your tables should already be unlocked, log in to your Kickstarter account and view the latest updates on our Kickstarter for more detailed instructions on how to redeem your reward.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
So is this more or less all they need for at least a barebones cabinet mode? Obviously it wouldn't be doing things like routing the backglass/DMD to other screens like a full setup would, but if you had a custom controller and a PC hooked up, you could pretty much lay a TV on a slab in portrait mode and play a pseudo-cabinet like game of TPA, right?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Glad to see that an update is coming soon, as I'd really like to have my analog nudge function back. There is always hope that it could be included with a patch to add portrait mode.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
They listened! Portrait mode is enough for me to buy the season packs now as the cab stuff may take some time. It's really good to see an official announcement saying we will get Dynamic lighting AND graphics updates. Hopefully goodbye low res textures :).

Thank you Farsight :cool:

Edit: Does Mike know yet? :)

Last edited:

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
farsight facebook pr said:
and starting with an update today: Portrait display mode!

also, entertained by how they said it's coming 'today'. Sometimes i feel the pr and the dev people are on different pages. I have this mental image of mike reading the facebook account and going 'today!? It's not today! Oh god those people on the forums are going to eat me alive. D:'

farsight facebook pr said:
an update soon with portrait display mode!

called it!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.