Portrait mode on PC? (Update: Now Available)

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Still waiting to hear back from Steam before a build goes live. :|
Yeah but it's still easier than with MS, right?

Honestly, just knowing the game is OUT makes just think 'Oh, that'll be nice when it's released. ^_^' towards updates since I'm no longer waiting just for the ability to PLAY THE GAME. Now I can play the game and it'll just keep getting BETTER. :D

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
I have my pc set up in potrait mode and I play most of the tables on view 4 ... for me its bloody excellent

Waiit? What did you say? Last night I checked there was no option to turn portait mode on. Am I missing something? Is The portrait mode eeven released?

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I have my pc set up in potrait mode and I play most of the tables on view 4 ... for me its bloody excellent

Is this true portrait or are you using full screen window to simulate portrait? I find full screen window unacceptable because everything is so skewed. I am using regular window mode with one of the views (it may be #4) stretched over 2 monitors and find it very acceptable. (I have another thread on this.) Is that what you are doing?

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
No portrait mode yet, there's a way to set it up using "Windowed mode" I believe. I think it's coming "soon" but not out the door yet. If the last digit of your build number is 4, don't bother looking :)

thanks, that explains it. ;)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I'm stoked, I mean super stoked about portrait mode coming out soon. Even if takes another month, I do think it will be sooner, I can wait. I've waited so long for un-rooted controller support for Android, that one month or two waiting for pc portrait mode is still less time than I've waited for Android controller support.

No dig on you Ryan Routon. I know you've been very busy on other projects and that you do really want to get controller support for Android. I am sure you'll have some free time soon.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The next patch includes season pass purchasing from steam store so we need approval before it can go live. We were hoping for that on Friday but it looks like that didn't happen. Should be early this week.

FYI, You can all thank Stuart for all the hard work on getting portrait together. I know it took him a few days to do all of those screens.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The next patch includes season pass purchasing from steam store so we need approval before it can go live. We were hoping for that on Friday but it looks like that didn't happen. Should be early this week.

FYI, You can all thank Stuart for all the hard work on getting portrait together. I know it took him a few days to do all of those screens.

Mike, don't mean to be a pest, but would it be possible to have a camera available in portrait that fits the table to the screen with no scrolling and a small DMD/HUD? This would probably satiate most of us who want "cab mode" for some time, or will it be the standard cameras like on the mobiles?

And definitely a thanks to Ryan for going through them menus and thanks to all of you for a great PC version.

priested

Nov 7, 2013

So, are you saying that portrait is in this patch along with season purchasing? If so, and it comes early this week, that would be excellent news. I also hope there will be news early in the week on whether cabinet mode will require repurchasing tables. I can't believe that it would but I need some confirmation before buying. Any chance that news will be coming soon so those of us on the fence can go ahead and give you our money. :)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Agree. Even with portrait mode, I am holding off until they tell us if cabinet is going to be the same version. I will just play my 3 tables and demo modes until they let us know. Wish they would figure that out already.

karl

May 10, 2012
Great work Stuart and Mike. No one was expecting portrait mode this fast. Really impressed and can't wait to try it out

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Such great news. I can only pray the wifi adapter for my cab comes in today as well (I wanted to keep it offline, so I've been sneakernetting all my VP tables to it.)

Worst-case I can drag it into the living room and hook it up to the router, but hoping it doesn't come to that. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Post #92 in this thread will give you the answer. Hopefully by Friday.

Actually Mike was saying they were hoping for it last Friday, so hopefully it might be tomorrow. It's a holiday in France and the US today, and maybe also wherever the Steam bunch are in Europe it might be a holiday.

DerDree

Nov 11, 2013
So portrait mode will be released tomorrow or only a few days after?

That would be awesome. I'm enjoying Pinball Arcade so much I just purchased a pivot monitor yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts