The PS3 "super patch"

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
He signed a non disclosure agreement last year some time. Not sure what you think that has to do with this forum. I thought he said that he had been getting busier with work and home life and didn't have enough time for the forum anymore. You could tell that his time that he could devote to the forum had been dwindling for a while.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I know he's been busy but that NDA limits what he can post. Didn't he post stuff that we didn't know beforehand a long time ago? Or did he get everything from the Facebook page?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I know he's been busy but that NDA limits what he can post. Didn't he post stuff that we didn't know beforehand a long time ago? Or did he get everything from the Facebook page?

He signed the NDA so that he could either visit the FarSight studios and/or so that they could share stuff with him ahead of time but he wouldn't release that info until they told him he could.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
It would be awesome to get more updates here.

FlippyFloppy has been great in that regard.

Hear hear!! Let's make sure FlippyFloppy gets some love from the PS3 crowd, I know I for one, sincerely appreciate his efforts in trying to get our poor neglected platform up to current TPA standards.

Thanks FlippyFloppy. Your efforts are not going unnoticed.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Could it be he knows that the Pinball Arcade is nearing its end?

TPA is far from its end, given all the stuff FS is working on (Pinball After Dark, new UI, new game modes,...)

By the way, we're March 1st... In the next 14 days, maybe the megapatch wil become at last a reality.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just to give everyone an update on the Mega Patch status, it's been in Sony's hands so were just awaiting approval. The patch didn't pass our in house testing and instead of delaying the patch any further, we wanted to send the Mega patch that would address several bugs and performance issues because that is what the idea behind the Mega patch is. Basically what the mega-patch is going to do is prompt everyone to download individual updated tables from the PSN store when anyone with an outdated goes in to play it. It shouldn't delete your trophies or save data because it is only replacing your tables.

The features pulled include the Challenge Mode and updated control settings for our Vita users. With that being said we are working on the next patch to implement these features and any other updates.

I can't give a set date since I don't know where its at with Sony, but I imagine it's not going to be much longer. Just wait for the newsletter and we should have some positive news!

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just to give everyone an update on the Mega Patch status, it's been in Sony's hands so were just awaiting approval. The patch didn't pass our in house testing and instead of delaying the patch any further, we wanted to send the Mega patch that would address several bugs and performance issues because that is what the idea behind the Mega patch is. Basically what the mega-patch is going to do is prompt everyone to download individual updated tables from the PSN store when anyone with an outdated goes in to play it. It shouldn't delete your trophies or save data because it is only replacing your tables.

The features pulled include the Challenge Mode and updated control settings for our Vita users. With that being said we are working on the next patch to implement these features and any other updates.

I can't give a set date since I don't know where its at with Sony, but I imagine it's not going to be much longer. Just wait for the newsletter and we should have some positive news!

So if I'm reading this correctly, you guys have decided to put out multiple, smaller patches instead of bundling it into one Mega Patch. What we are calling the Mega Patch will actually contain all the updated tables and rez files, fix some major bugs and that's where it ends. The rest will follow in coming weeks/months as you guys get everything tidied up?

That's great news. Two question for ya Flippy:

1) Will this include the new UI, or is that a separate deal?

2) Is there ANY WAY you can put multiple controller support in for us, since it appears you'll have a little more time to get those things implemented?

Thanks again for everything you are doing, and for the timely updates!! :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So if I'm reading this correctly, you guys have decided to put out multiple, smaller patches instead of bundling it into one Mega Patch. What we are calling the Mega Patch will actually contain all the updated tables and rez files, fix some major bugs and that's where it ends. The rest will follow in coming weeks/months as you guys get everything tidied up?

2) Is there ANY WAY you can put multiple controller support in for us, since it appears you'll have a little more time to get those things implemented?

Sounds to me like it will still be the mega patch but just won't include the challenge mode and new vita controls.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

Hey Monkeygrass,

1) The new UI is currently being worked on so it is a separate deal. The Mega-patch pretty much is a bunch of smaller patches for all of the tables, but because all of the Rez. files are being changed which we don't normally do and from what I heard, Sony frowns upon.

2) I did bring up the multi-player controller support suggestion and my supervisor was told by programmers that it's a nightmare to get working on Every platform. I'll continue to support the idea here at the office and see what happens.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Hey Monkeygrass,

1) The new UI is currently being worked on so it is a separate deal. The Mega-patch pretty much is a bunch of smaller patches for all of the tables, but because all of the Rez. files are being changed which we don't normally do and from what I heard, Sony frowns upon.

2) I did bring up the multi-player controller support suggestion and my supervisor was told by programmers that it's a nightmare to get working on Every platform. I'll continue to support the idea here at the office and see what happens.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Only platforms that would seem to naturally require multiple controller support would be PS3/4 and Xbox, correct? Doesn't make sense on the touch-enabled mobile devices. Shake nudge and other things that are very Mobile-UI oriented don't apply to consoles, so why must multi-controller support work "on every platform"? That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I guess. FS should already have the code stored somewhere, since they supported multiple controllers on the P:HOF series. Hopefully you can get thru to management!!

Thanks for bringing it up. It's kind of a big deal for the consoles.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts