The PS3 "super patch"

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The plungers is definitely something that has been tweaked between versions. In the PS4 version of Scared Stiff, for example, a full plunge doesn't get you the skill shot every time like on PS3. I kinda miss that :)

Guessing it's more like Android. Does Taxi 100 every time?
Wish they would up the power to roll over to the bottom on a full pull.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Guessing it's more like Android. Does Taxi 100 every time?
Wish they would up the power to roll over to the bottom on a full pull.

No. It gives you 75 every time. You have to either nudge it to get 100 or do this weird thing where you move the joystick up in the opposite direction, flick it down and let it quickly slip off you finger when it reaches the bottom. But then it usually goes pass 100 and nudging is still necessary. It is very annoying.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
No. It gives you 75 every time. You have to either nudge it to get 100 or do this weird thing where you move the joystick up in the opposite direction, flick it down and let it quickly slip off you finger when it reaches the bottom. But then it usually goes pass 100 and nudging is still necessary. It is very annoying.
I was referring to the PS4 version he mentioned. If Taxi was different on PS4 like he mentioned Scared Stiff was.
My apologies if you are as well...just noticed it's not listed on your devices.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hey grashopper,

I looked into and confirmed that there is some issue. I'll put it in our bug database and see what happened. I started to notice something was off yesterday when I was testing Scared Stiff in 3D. I bugged that but didn't realize it was a problem across all the tables.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Hey grashopper,

I looked into and confirmed that there is some issue. I'll put it in our bug database and see what happened. I started to notice something was off yesterday when I was testing Scared Stiff in 3D. I bugged that but didn't realize it was a problem across all the tables.

Good to hear. Thank you. :)

On that topic
Do you know if a plunger strength increase would be difficult on Taxi across all platforms? Back before the PS3 got weaker and currently all other platforms I'm aware of it would hit the 100 on the nose every time. I believe it should hit the 100 and roll back to the bottom and then go up a fair bit again. Could use a bit more of a tweak.

Really thanks again. You've done tons towards improving the goodwill towards us console players. :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As far as multiple controller support goes, I'm not really that bothered. If there's 2 of you playing then you can both have your own controller (obviously have both of them turned on). When it's the other guy's turn just hold down the PS button and change your controller number to 2. He'll automatically change to controller 1 and won't have to deal with any DualShock clamminess. Problem solved! :D

Until the noob at the party mistakenly hits X while highlighting "Turn off the system" ...and gets yelled at by the 3 other players as the PS3 powers down and all games are nothing buy a memory.:mad:

Adding multiple controllers to a game seems like Programming 101 to be honest.

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Until the noob at the party mistakenly hits X while highlighting "Turn off the system" ...and gets yelled at by the 3 other players as the PS3 powers down and all games are nothing buy a memory.:mad:

Adding multiple controllers to a game seems like Programming 101 to be honest.

Or your dog knocks a beer over your PlayStation, or there's a power cut, or "Stumbly John" trips over (again) and pulls all the wires out, or maybe a mid game YLOD occurs etc. etc.

In any case, if you select "Turn off the system" you actually have to press X twice before it turns off! If I was having a "Pinball Party", I would make sure that none of my guests were that drunk or retarded that they would turn everything off mid game! "No Dave you can't play! You know what happened last time!"

Who cares about multiple controller support! It would be nice, but I'd much rather that Farsight concentrated on sorting out all the bugs first! :D

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Or your dog knocks a beer over your PlayStation, or there's a power cut, or "Stumbly John" trips over (again) and pulls all the wires out, or maybe a mid game YLOD occurs etc. etc.

In any case, if you select "Turn off the system" you actually have to press X twice before it turns off! If I was having a "Pinball Party", I would make sure that none of my guests were that drunk or retarded that they would turn everything off mid game! "No Dave you can't play! You know what happened last time!"

Who cares about multiple controller support! It would be nice, but I'd much rather that Farsight concentrated on sorting out all the bugs first! :D

Obviously, MANY of us care about multi-controller support. It's not a small issue. And they have the code, this all worked perfectly fine on P:HOF. It's not like moving heaven and earth. As Spoonman said, it's Game Programming 101. What's the point of having a challenge/tournament mode, with only one controller?

Some of us have game rooms, and friends over for game night. It's not a matter of "passing" the controller, often we are 15-20 feet away from each other and it involves getting up and walking across the room to hand the controller to the next player. With wireless multiple controllers sitting there unused. It's pretty retarded, actually. Acceptable in 1994. Not 2014.

Plunger strength would be fantastic if that could be fixed. Taxi and NGG are the worst, but many other tables have wonky plungers too.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Re: plunger. My wife and I play a lot and I haven't noticed the plunger issue on Taxi or NGG. I make the NGG left ramp 95% of the time and Taxi actually goes past the 100k and starts over unless I intentionally hold off.

To everyone who has issues with the plunger: do you pause with the right stick at the bottom, or do you just "flick" the stick? I flick it by quickly moving it down and then dragging my thumb off in a downward motion allowing the joystick to snap back to center on it's own. Works great.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Re: plunger. My wife and I play a lot and I haven't noticed the plunger issue on Taxi or NGG. I make the NGG left ramp 95% of the time and Taxi actually goes past the 100k and starts over unless I intentionally hold off.

To everyone who has issues with the plunger: do you pause with the right stick at the bottom, or do you just "flick" the stick? I flick it by quickly moving it down and then dragging my thumb off in a downward motion allowing the joystick to snap back to center on it's own. Works great.

That's how I do it. On the Vita a full plunge usually just gets you to 75 on Taxi.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

That's how I do it too, on ps3. I get 75 every time on Taxi, but I never have any trouble making it up the ramp on NGG.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
15-20 feet away from each other? Do you play in a gymnasium?

I have a dual great room & living room combo with a french door between them, and a completely open kitchen-den floor plan. My whole first floor is basically one giant room.

Sorry, I don't live in a 600 sq ft studio loft. Your point? Whether it's 5 feet or 50 feet, it's still a serious PITA to get up out of your chair and have to walk across the room to give the other guy the controller in 2014.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have a dual great room & living room combo with a french door between them, and a completely open kitchen-den floor plan. My whole first floor is basically one giant room.

Sorry, I don't live in a 600 sq ft studio loft. Your point? Whether it's 5 feet or 50 feet, it's still a serious PITA to get up out of your chair and have to walk across the room to give the other guy the controller in 2014.

I was joking, but that sounds nice.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
So has the patch been submitted to Sony now? Did that happen this past Tuesday or does it happen next Tuesday? I can't keep up anymore.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So has the patch been submitted to Sony now? Did that happen this past Tuesday or does it happen next Tuesday? I can't keep up anymore.

Early March is expected, according to FlippyFloppy. As Fish Tales and Black Rose are planned to mid-march too, we can hope the Megapatch to be approved and released by Sony before these two new tables.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I just read on Facebook that they're submitting the patch this week. Just a fyi we need to get our news on Facebook from now on since PW is done with this forum as far as updating it is concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts