timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really hope the PC DX11 version has a really dark mode like shown here in CV on the PS4.
http://youtu.be/b1VJet7utTk

Look around the 3.05 mark in particular.

It looks tremendous.
I just have a feeling they will go lighter than this as some people moaned about the ball visibility. If that happens hopefully they can add a super dark mode maybe as part of the pro edition.

+1....we need the dark.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I want a dark mode but thats abit too dark in the middle of the table(the issue is the light sources don't have enough distance to light up the rest of the table properly)..if they just made ball always lit so it stays bright regardless of shadows it would fix the issue really
but something 80% as dark as that would suit me just fine...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Look around the 3.05 mark in particular.

It looks tremendous.
I just have a feeling they will go lighter than this as some people moaned about the ball visibility. If that happens hopefully they can add a super dark mode maybe as part of the pro edition.

It absolutely looks fantastic, especially on a machine like that where the light show is so key. I also think about how much fun Strobe Multiball would suddenly become on AFM. I certainly wouldn't play in this mode when trying for high scores, but to experience it like this is to experience pinball how it was meant to be.

As a side note...

Whenever I play in my local pinball league, it starts while the sun is up and ends after it has gone down. It is hosted in people's houses, and only a select few have a dedicated arcade built. So the rest have natural light coming in, and once it gets dark, it's only the light from the machine. I've looked at the scores of the 6 groups that play any given machine, and there is a sweet spot of usually round 3 and 4 getting the highest scores. This of course coincides with the enough natural light lighting the playfield, but dark enough that the machines lights are very obvious, thus directing you better towards the shots you need to hit. Once it goes full night, all but the elite player's scores plummet.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Strobe in AFM would be incredible if they can get it looking as good as this CV lighting. I mostly play Virtual Pinball in the cabinet for the fun and experience of playing pinball more than for achieving high scores. The major part of the experience is the lighting. I kind of stopped playing TPA and buying Season Passes on the PC platform due to the poor lighting, and have mostly played VP as the lighting as been much improved over last 12-18 months. That has changed recently since I started using SweetFX with TPA as tables look much better when darkened up, and I find TPA playable again. Once this new lighting engine comes, I certainly will play a lot more and will catch up and buy the last two pro season passes.

Out of interest the early PS4 versions shown at trade shows had sliders for the lighting rather than 3 light settings. Does anyone know why that was removed? If that can be added in the PC version that would be awesome. If not a dark mode at least as dark as the PS4 CV video above is a must. Maybe add a extra dark mode at least because I am sure the Xbox dark mode has been lightened up compared to the PS4 version ( can someone please confirm?) Hopefully someone can ask the devs about the plans.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
SilverBalls about the same.most tables are great.some tables which have some dark areas I use the yellow or green ball,which works fine.:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
(...)
Out of interest the early PS4 versions shown at trade shows had sliders for the lighting rather than 3 light settings.

Are you sure about the sliders? Of course, I've never seen one of these trade show builds, but I read this for the first time.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

swift

Apr 7, 2014
+1 for slider(s)
It' always best to give players options, otherwise some tables might be too bright/dark for some people.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I still prefer something thats closer to dusk.
I was watching this video of unit3d pinball's Indiana Jones beta and its ambiant light level is more in the middle so you can still see the table..but dark enough to really enjoy the table light sources.
As well tho..event when the ball is in the dark area's the refection surfaces of the ball don't dim..they've maintained the ball surface as a static light level.. Thats what TPA needs to do so you don't lose the ball in the dark sections

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Is this a table that will be available on iOS? If so, when? (Referring to the video one post above this post)

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
untiy3d demo is for pc only, and requires at the moment a **** ton of power which isnt scalable for mobile atm..buttt as you know unity is supported by ios so its a case of them portimg it really, again dont hold yiur breath

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Is this a table that will be available on iOS? If so, when? (Referring to the video one post above this post)
Unfortunately this is the table that will probably never be available on TPA.
Disney license.. but one of the most popular tables of all time.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Loving TPA on PC and it looks great.

Does anyone know if there will be any "optimised/optimum" settings for GeForce Experience for it like there are with other games on Steam (eg. Skyrim, Fallout3/NV)?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Loving TPA on PC and it looks great.

Does anyone know if there will be any "optimised/optimum" settings for GeForce Experience for it like there are with other games on Steam (eg. Skyrim, Fallout3/NV)?
the GeForce is used on games that need that extra umpf like BATMAN and THE CREW .PINBALL ARCADE doesn`t need it. and the games you mentioned need the GeForce. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.