Android - Bug Android version 1.22 bugs:-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.22 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?t=7141
Android version 1.22 feedback and discussion:-
instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Remember to also email any bugs you find to... support@pinballarcade.com

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
FIREPOWER

Device/OS: Galaxy Note 2014 / Android (JB - 4.3)

Bug Description: Table hangs after end of game

Steps to Reproduce: See master issue list FP 24-001 (adding additional comments)

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3861-Master-Issues-List-Firepower

Additional Comments:

This is still an open/confirmed bug in the master issues list for the table; however, I haven't experienced it in many months: until I got a new device and dropped all my local high scores. It has now happened again (twice) in the current release, both times when losing the last ball of a multiple ball on ball 3 to close the game. Neither time was a ball locked as described in FP-24-001 but both times I had achieved a score that should have called out the enter initials dialog. The enter initials dialog never opened. The table hung. A tilt did not clear the issue; force close was required. WiFi internet was connected and strong at the time. I can confirm (tens of times) that a game ending on 3-ball multi ball without a score worthy of the local high score table does not exhibit this issue.

So there you have it. Just suggesting that maybe the master issue description, and the issue itself, may have something to do with the call out for the local high score dialog. Might be worth looking into.

Thanks.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Device/OS: NA

Bug Description: Black Rose - bad sound sample remaining from beta.

Steps To Reproduce: enable 'lock', at the exact moment when 'lock enabled' and the animated padlock shows, I hear a really distorted sample, which I don't believe sounds right.
I can't find any you tube footage of the the real table to hear what it should sound like, and I haven't played the real table - but it doesn't sound right.

Frequency: 100% as described above.

Additional Comments:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The same issue with downloads hanging early on in the Pack 22 Beta is happening again now. Can someone please purge the CDN so I can pull the files down (it is 13:55 GMT+10 for me here now, if the timestamp is something worth noting). I'll report back later on tonight and try again later to see if it is just a 'tribble'.

=Background=

I'm getting a few metal rejects into the Lock upkicker in Fish Tales, and I seem to remember Ryan tuned this in Beta 22 to stop this from happening. I thought I might have been using older table files for Black Rose and Fish Tales, so deleted the files and attempted to download them again.

Upon looking in the download directory using Sliding Explorer, I found that the StarTrekTNG table file was marked as a zip/compressed, while all other files were not marked this way. I figured I'd delete that file just in case as well.

I'll report this to support@pinballarcade.com as well just in case no one check this thread.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The same issue with downloads hanging early on in the Pack 22 Beta is happening again now. Can someone please purge the CDN so I can pull the files down (it is 13:55 GMT+10 for me here now, if the timestamp is something worth noting). I'll report back later on tonight and try again later to see if it is just a 'tribble'.

=Background=

I'm getting a few metal rejects into the Lock upkicker in Fish Tales, and I seem to remember Ryan tuned this in Beta 22 to stop this from happening. I thought I might have been using older table files for Black Rose and Fish Tales, so deleted the files and attempted to download them again.

Upon looking in the download directory using Sliding Explorer, I found that the StarTrekTNG table file was marked as a zip/compressed, while all other files were not marked this way. I figured I'd delete that file just in case as well.

I'll report this to support@pinballarcade.com as well just in case no one check this thread.

Files now downloading fast.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The same issue with downloads hanging early on in the Pack 22 Beta is happening again now. Can someone please purge the CDN so I can pull the files down (it is 13:55 GMT+10 for me here now, if the timestamp is something worth noting). I'll report back later on tonight and try again later to see if it is just a 'tribble'

I think this issue could be causing Farsight quite a bit of business (sales) potentially.

I had this same problem (2 months ago) after soft bricking my tablet and being forced to wipe it and re-download all my files.

I look over the play store reviews from time to time, and have noticed a not insignificant number of reviews stating 'can't download files' or 'download crashes'.

These users don't know to delete the table file in the manager prior to trying the download again.
I'd imagine they just walk away thinking broken app. No more purchases.

Edit - Original Nov'13 post here...
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?p=118526
Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs
Read the next couple of pages after this post.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ah yeah, I remember that drama. CDN issues will lead to growly customers. I wonder if I see these problems because I'm in a Timezone that would be the US night time when I download. Maybe I'm hitting server downtime for maintenance.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
When I had issues it was around 10pm GMT.
it was better in the mornings than evenings.

Check for bad table download files of small size 0 - 500k.
If these are present you can't get a good download until you delete the file (either through the manager if not rooted, or an explorer if rooted).
If the file isn't deleted - the re-download attempt causes an app crash.

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
Scared Stiff

Device/OS - android/Nexus 7

Bug description - Completed modes to activate "stiff-o-meter" mode.Shot ball into crate to start and nothing happened -ball stayed in crate.Had to call attendant

Steps to reproduce - Complete modes and try to start Stiff-o-meter mode.

Frequency -Happened twice in one game.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 (2012) / Jellybean 4.1.2

Bug Description: In Victory, the 100 thousand points light on the upper right playfield is bugged. Part of it is always on.

Steps To Reproduce: Play Victory.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I reported this problem when this table was in beta and it has still yet to be fixed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Black Knight is misbehaving today.

First, I'm pretty sure I experienced a scripting meltdown. Random looped sound. Lagged flipper action. Locked balls should have been released, but the game went psycho.

I quit the current game, and started a new one. But there were hangover issues from the previous game which prevented me locking any balls or collecting any ramp mystery values. I had to exit back or to the table section screen to fix the issue. Script state is not being cleared between games it seems.

Then I had a great score and shot the ball into the lower saucer. Ball wasn't detected. Attendant wasn't going to help. Lost game. :-(

a2unenu3.jpg

Like Baron, I welcome the time when Black Knight finally gets ROM emulation. I'm only just revisiting it after BK2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online