iOS 3.3.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So, whatever problems I had with the app not suspending have for some reason disappeared. My iPad 3 is jailbroken but I hadn't removed or added any plugins that would've interfered at all... it just seemed to work.

Actually, last major thing I did was to remove all the tables to prepare for an iOS upgrade, but didn't as I ran out of time at work so I just copied them back. I don't think there was anything else. But I'd reinstalled the app and redownloaded tables and everything with no luck. So, strange... but I'm back up and running :)

YellowDog24

Aug 26, 2012
I am suffering from the same problems of stuttering on my iPad 2. If it helps, I first noticed this on Sunday 2nd March. As some discribed it's as if there is a magnet under table causing ball to sped up uncontrollably. Have not tried all tables, but appears worse on Harley Davison.

tjsoundguy

Mar 16, 2013
I saw the post last night on Facebook, previewing the "Who Dunnit" table. Do you think that this means we shouldn't expect a fix to the iPad 2 stuttering problem until the next table release? I'm REALLY missing my pinball fix!

night

May 18, 2012
I saw the post last night on Facebook, previewing the "Who Dunnit" table. Do you think that this means we shouldn't expect a fix to the iPad 2 stuttering problem until the next table release? I'm REALLY missing my pinball fix!

I have no doubt we will see a fix for the iPad2/Mini, why not?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Just scored 129M on Class of 1812. Never got to enter initials for high score, nor did I get credit for HOF points, WTF is this? After spending over 2 weeks working on this table, this is what I get?

olivier

Nov 24, 2013
on my ipad mini, ios 7.0.4 it's unplayable
lag, awfull framerate, on every tables, since the last update.
I have all the tables, and it's not a bug on just a table, it's the entire game!

It's not a problem with ios, all the others apps works fine

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Since i have ipad air litterly all tables suffer from that horrable multiball cam. I have set it off. But its still moving.

Wrecking tons of multiballs.

Why cant they get rid of this stupid feature nobody wants?or fix it, its been a more then 2 year old bug.

Colter

Mar 8, 2014
Howdy all! I'm new here, but I thought y'all would appreciate this response I received from Farsight on their Facebook page:

The Pinball Arcade wrote: "Others with iPad 2 are also experiencing the same issue. We have a fix for it and it should be in the next release. :)"

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
(Note: I started a thread on this topic in the general forums as nothing specific to videos existed. I'm posting here too, hoping it will get some attention somewhere. I originally posted in the 2.7.0 bug thread and have waited patiently since then. The problem appears to be an ongoing bug so it belongs here as well ,I believe. )

Hey there,

Now I'm sure this is not a high priority for TPA as they go about fixing bugs in the games and preparing future releases, but I want to take a moment to request that someone take a look at the videos that were offered last year and see if they can do something about getting them to stream properly. I bought both the 'History of Pinball' and 'Pinball 101' on IOS and neither have worked properly since they were released. Specifically, the videos just freeze and refuse to load more data. One has to continuously press play in order to get a second or two of video, and that is just not acceptable for videos of over an hour in length. I recall a few others reporting the same problem on their IOS systems, and this was back in the bugs for version 2.7.0.

I can't be certain, but I believe that this can't be as big a problem to rectify as the ones in the games, and would simply require someone with some computer savvy to sit down and get them streaming properly. As they did cost the same as a game release at the time, and that I have written support earlier (last September, in fact) as well as been patient, couldn't someone at Farsight get on this ? Is anyone else still having problems (or not ) with theirs ?

Thank you.

Here is my original posting: 'Same with me[iPhone] and also on iPad[2] . It will sometimes stream the first 2~3 minutes without much problem, but then freezes up to the point where nothing is able to play. Have seen perhaps 5 minutes at most so far, and that was being patient with the occasional freeze that let one play a little more in a few seconds or so. It's very good so far, so I hope they can work a fix rather than have to give credits or refunds. '

Wrote to support, but awaiting a reply.
Last edited by Tokyo Rose; 09-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I think the issue we have here is FS have no control. They release tables on multiple platforms (more work/busy), also working to deadlines. It's out of their control. To top it all off.. pressure from licensing tables and competing with Zen. All this is showing through the builds they push out.. they're cracking under the pressure.

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Device-iPad first gen
Operating system-iOS
Version of TPA-3.3.1
Bug-I continue to be kicked out of the Season One Challenge. I've played the challenge several times, and have been kicked out at least ten times. By kicked out, I mean advancing to the next game, pushing the start button, only to be sent back to my home screen. Right now, I can't play Cirqus Voltaire because of this issue. I've done everything I can think of: log out then log back in. Log out, do a cold start, then log back in. I've backed up data, then started again. It's frustrating, because I really like playing the challenges. C'mon, please fix this!

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Device: iPad2
Table: Black Knight
Bug: This is a major issue. Not sure if this is iOS specific or not, but it is impossible to start 3-ball multiball by locking three balls on the upper playfield. I think this is the primary way people normally get to multiball, and right now it doesn't work. after locking the first two balls, when the third goes into the lock chute, the third ball always gets stuck. the game sits and waits. you have to nudge the table to bump the ball back out onto the playfield in order to continue, but multiball does not and cannot start for the rest of your game because those two locked balls will never come out. also for some reason the lower playfield lock does not work to start 3-ball multiball (it used to).

quite frustrating to put in hours to get most of the way through the Season Challenge, only to encounter a table where you can't even start the table's most lucrative mode due to a bug! i was LUCKY AS HECK to hit the minimum score of 500k in 3 tries without any multiball.

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well, given that I had the status as "unknown", I don't think we can say it was a "known issue" exactly.

I'll upgrade it with Pezpunk's latest report.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
No problem, thanks for the new report! Anytime I can get rid of an "unknown" issue, it's a good thing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.