controller / keyboard / etc Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchhat

Mar 21, 2013
Try the new beta in the 1.17.0 thread. The touch zones implemented.

Anyone having issues mapping a controller in the new beta. When I click on the controls button in options, it tells me to press a button to assign to left flipper. Clicking any button on my game controller doesn't do anything. The reason being is that the game freezes right after you get the message to assign a button to left trigger. I need to wait for the app to force close or manually force close it myself to get pinball arcade working again. The game freezes again each time I click the controls button again in options. This is on a nook hd+.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Will the new control options only work for rooted devices?

I think it's just something Ryan was playing with and forgot to comment out / isolate before creating the build.

Start TPA, press 'options', press 'controls' has the following results...

S4(no-root) app freezes, nothing displays after the button press, music stops. Have to kill the app and clear from RAM.

N7(rooted) gui displays "press button to be mapped to left flipper", but it won't respond to controller inputs (haven't tried hardware keys).
Have to kill app and clear RAM.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Frank,
Sorry it's brief but I'm at work....

Here's the basics.
Go through the device setting's until you find one called 'unknown sources', tick this - it allows apk files not obtained from the Play Store to be installed.
qy4eruju.jpg

Next use a file browser (Astro or one provided with your device) to go to your download folder (mnt/sdcard/download) you should see the file you downloaded.apk
Click it, your Operating system or file browser should have an inbuilt apk installer and should give you the option to install.
If not you need to install an apk installer app - the link to a play store one is below
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graphilos.apkinst&hl=en
Repeat the browser, and click to install, this time selecting apk installer to perform the action.

The app should install and can be ran up as normal from an icon or your app drawer.

Hope you get it going!

Thanks again for this old post, Baron Rubik. I searched two hours on this forum to find this. I learned when the pc version came out to subscribe to threads so I can find what I need quickly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.