Beta 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I agree the tuning on this build is like getting a brand new game.

The only bit I would "complain" about is one instance where the flipper bounce is ridiculous and makes play on the edge of difficulty that I suspect will be called out hard. When the ball is returned to the L Flipper from the Pirates Cove if you try and catch it on a raised flipper the ball will bounce up and over the slingshot and then roll over the top and into the out lane; this has happened 100% of the times that it has occurred for me with no deviation to the balls path. The previous build was exceptionally easy to trap in this situation, and this build dumps it straight into the outlane via an impossible bounce/roll. There needs to be some middle ground.

Getting this insane flipper bounce as well. This seems to happen on every beta table we get. Prior to the update it was a lot simpler to trap, dare I say more realistic. Even on a table with brand new rubbers the ball would never bounce that high up and over to the outlane. Some where between where it is now and where it was in the prior build would be ideal.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Tested the 22b beta for about 30mins and had same issue as reported by others with balls returned by the broadside cannon passing through the upheld right flipper if not held up prior to the ball being fired.

Weaker shots are now falling off the whirlpool ramp which is good.

Noticed the davey jones locker ramp seems harder to hit (very similar to CBW right ramp beta tuning trial).
Is this a realistic difficulty in BR? I haven't played the real table. Seems hard but like I said - no experience with the real thing.

Not sure if this is an issue or imagined - but when looping the davey jones ramp loop in the latest build, with the ramp lowered the ball stays nice and tight to the orbit loop walls mostly, but I seem to get the odd return where the ball is an inch clear of the right orbit loop wall and flipper.
I didn't notice this on the 'a' build, and didn't have enough time today to fully figure out what was happening here.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
A little tougher to make shots. Agree that flipper bounce seems to have increased a bit. I had one ball that came down the right orbit and seemed to make an AFM-like SDTM drain.

N

netizen

Not sure if this is an issue or imagined - but when looping the davey jones ramp loop in the latest build, with the ramp lowered the ball stays nice and tight to the orbit loop walls mostly, but I seem to get the odd return where the ball is an inch clear of the right orbit loop wall and flipper.
I didn't notice this on the 'a' build, and didn't have enough time today to fully figure out what was happening here.

Every once in a while there is a ball that comes out of the return and it is away from the wall. I couldn't say how often it occurs either as I lose count of how many returns happen in a game, or over the course of several.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
this happens on most tables but is very noticeable on BR. Previous times when I've brought the issue up - I'm told the real tables do the same too.

N

netizen

something doesn't feel right about the upper R Flipper with how often, and how easily, shots will go up the whirlpool ramp from it. That just seems impossible with the angles and how close it is to the flipper.

The tuning on this build feels less right then the previous one. At least the previous build gave you a feeling like there was a chance to reach the scores needed to get that 1000 HOF points at some time. This build with the extra bounce, the weird shots and returns make it far less enjoyable to have repeat plays; it feels almost like another cactus canyon in the making.

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Another bug which is on diff. Table (I believed still reported) available:
If I'm right, FP has received an update,too- still seen just in this moment once again:
If the ball kicked very smooth into the game, the App think, that the Ball comes back to the Plugger, but the ball is in the play field, the cam does not switch into the play field (stay still at the plugger) and the ball will be lost.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The tuning on this build feels less right then the previous one. At least the previous build gave you a feeling like there was a chance to reach the scores needed to get that 1000 HOF points at some time. This build with the extra bounce, the weird shots and returns make it far less enjoyable to have repeat plays; it feels almost like another cactus canyon in the making.

Got to agree with this personally.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah what he said, each table is different and they wanted the plunger cam to reflect that. Only way to make it consistent is to fix the old tables, but there are no plans on doing so at this moment, it is not an easy fix.

The new plunger camera view is supposed to give the player a better view of the skill shot. The old plunger camera was pulled too far back and made it harder for the player to see what they were aiming for.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
passing tuning and flipper issues on, hopefully we can fix that before we release.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Simply a change in design direction from my understanding.

Then why wasn't that camera angle used on Whirlwind; which has the exact same skillshot? I don't think anyone had difficulties seeing what to shoot at with camera angle 1 being pulled back the way it is :/

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Well seems I might have spoken too soon, I heard whispers in the halls that the design decision was changed again due to Williams comments. *shrugs* I'll let you guys know when they make up their minds ;)

Simply a change in design direction from my understanding.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Anybody successful at getting the 32m double broadside wizard award? Just got the 32m but the award didn't register.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
so we are able to reproduce the flipper bug and are currently looking into it. Hopefully we can fix this before release. Unfortunately for Ios and Amazon it's going to still be present until another patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts