DLC Acheivements not Giving Gamerscore

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I'm really surprised the achievements won't just automatically sync when they come online next week. This is the first time I've ever seen this issue. It's quite strange.

Anyway, I'm playing for now, and if it's out of sync when they come online, I guess I'll temporarily remove my game save or something so I can re-get the achievements I have so far.

So i have no way to get my table goals back?
Just temporarily move your save file to a memory card or take off the hard drive temporarily to get the achievments.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
So i have no way to get my table goals back?

If you deleted & restored yor profile then your table goals should be safe, but if you deleted your save game for TPA then you'll have to start from scratch.

I restored my profile from Xbox live without touching any of the TPA save data and all my table goals were intact.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
If I keep my TPA game save and then turn on the game after restoring my profile, will it automatically award the achievements?

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
I finished downloading the 1% this morning, and my gamerscore was updated and all my table goals were unchanged , I didn't have to delete or recover anything.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
if it's out of sync when they come online, I guess I'll temporarily remove my game save or something so I can re-get the achievements I have so far.

If I keep my TPA game save and then turn on the game after restoring my profile, will it automatically award the achievements?

You don't seem to understand. The achievements have nothing to do with your save data file. The problem here is a synchronization issue between your Xbox 360 console and the Xbox LIVE service. Your console thinks you already got those achievements. It tried to report them to XBL, and the server said, "dude, I've never heard of these; whatever" and ignored them. Now the Xbox LIVE service thinks you have X gamerscore while your local copy of your profile thinks you have X + 60G gamerscore. Both are confident that they're right. The only way to synchronize them again is to get one side to the other side's state. You can't get the service to your local state because The Pinball Arcade thinks you already have the achievements and will never tell the service about them again. The only option is to get your local side back to the server's state, and the function that does this is called "Recover GamerTag". But once again, don't bother doing that until the achievements appear on xbox.com, or it will be for naught.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I tried loading CV today (already downloaded) and it asked me to download the table pack again which I did. It took about a second as the content was already there. I'm wondering if the achievements for table pack #2 are on Xbox live now? When I loaded MM it didn't ask me to re-download table pack #1.

Being familiar with Xbox live and being on my third Xbox I'm used to the license transfer, where I've had to re-download all my xbla games (150 of them!!) to a new console to get them associated with that console.

Does this re-download request suggest that "possibly" the achievements are now on the Xbox live server for table pack#2?

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
Just be thankful that these are really easy achievements and not the "Complete all Wizard Goals" that we had with the launch tables. Imagine you spent a marathon session earning all those only to find out they essentially count for nothing and you'd have to earn them all over again.

I got all 60G of achievements as soon as these tables were out but have already deleted and redownloaded my profile to clear them. I'll wait until they appear on Xbox.com before getting them again but at least it'll only take 15 minutes not 15 hours.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
You don't seem to understand. The achievements have nothing to do with your save data file. The problem here is a synchronization issue between your Xbox 360 console and the Xbox LIVE service. Your console thinks you already got those achievements. It tried to report them to XBL, and the server said, "dude, I've never heard of these; whatever" and ignored them. Now the Xbox LIVE service thinks you have X gamerscore while your local copy of your profile thinks you have X + 60G gamerscore. Both are confident that they're right. The only way to synchronize them again is to get one side to the other side's state. You can't get the service to your local state because The Pinball Arcade thinks you already have the achievements and will never tell the service about them again. The only option is to get your local side back to the server's state, and the function that does this is called "Recover GamerTag". But once again, don't bother doing that until the achievements appear on xbox.com, or it will be for naught.
No, I totally understand that already actually. What I'm asking is about fixing it: How can you go about re-earning the achievement if your saved game data already has moved on to wizard goals? Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think I got any achievements for finishing the standard goals. I know some achievements had to be cut, but I thought there was at least that one.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
No, I totally understand that already actually. What I'm asking is about fixing it: How can you go about re-earning the achievement if your saved game data already has moved on to wizard goals? Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think I got any achievements for finishing the standard goals. I know some achievements had to be cut, but I thought there was at least that one.

No, the achievements for DLC are "get into hiscore list". Easy as crap in other words.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Hi, i have test all tips (download new profile, savegame new....)

Achievements not xbox-live.

When you press the xbox key go to the achievements vor all games and you see 16/16 TPA

When you go in the TPA achievements you see 20/20

I make a backup from my savegame on usb-stick and i can new make the 4 achievements from the new DLC´s (no Xbox-Live send :( )

Ok when MS ready to achievements you can make a backup, play fast highscore and remove your backup for your old highscore.

Don´t new (repair) profile for this :)

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
I just got bit by the no achievement award issue, but ON A CORE TABLE (TOTAN). I got all the DLC tables yesterday and updated to the optional update this morning. I just completed my last basic goal award a few mins a go, but got no achievement and the game advanced to the wizard goals. :(

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
No, the achievements for DLC are "get into hiscore list". Easy as crap in other words.
Last I read about this I could have sworn there was at least an achievement for finishing the standard goals. How boring. Why is everyone worried about a few measly points then?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Last I read about this I could have sworn there was at least an achievement for finishing the standard goals. How boring. Why is everyone worried about a few measly points then?

No clue, you can get all 60 points in about 10 minutes (if you let some balls drain).

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Ok, after chatting with the MS, here is what I got:

"Ok I see this actually is a widespread issue and the publisher is aware of it. Farsight studios are working on this and it will be resolved very soon. We do not have a time yet because we have not been informed but I would imagine it will be very soon. The reason been a good few people have asked about this now:)"

Good to know that other people asked it, too.

Last edited:

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
Man, I just got here to read the latest posts now I gotta leave already and go play again............ :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts