I really hope that there is a typo in this article!!

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I was curious so I looked it up. At least according to wikipedia:

Licensing and Rights[edit]
Today, Gottlieb's pinball machines (along with those distributed under the Mylstar and Premier names), as well as the "Gottlieb" and "D. Gottlieb & Co." trademarks (USPTO registration nos. 1403592, 2292766, and 3288024, and other numbers in countries around the world), are owned by Gottlieb Development LLC of Pelham Manor, New York.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottlieb

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Are Zen producing 1 table a month?

I think there is much more work in designing a new table.
Zen spends a month only for brainstorming and they also have to compose the music.

ROM-Emulation is great to digitize machines as quick as possible to make the most money. (in a way like fastfood for consumers who constantly want the next)
And Farsight doesnt have to care about the design, the rules, the art, the music, DMD Animations etc.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I'm torn..I love the quality of PBFX2 its beautiful work.. but I'm less then happy with their disinterest in fixing problems with their cameras some tables the DMD actually overlaps the flippers and they have basically let it sit that way for years.

The current way they're balanced, the gap between the flippers is too small,the digital nudge is too punishing, the flipper's rubber has grip tape on them....but...the games are still fun when you get use to it.

I'm real curious what a realistic real table simulation would turn out like..I'd like to see it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Still just hoping it is a typo. I'd prefer Farsight start cranking out newer Stern pins. But this isn't the first hint of Stern and Zen being linked. Starting to look like a case of, where there's smoke there's fire.
Sounds like we have our first question for the next Bobby interview.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
some tables the DMD actually overlaps the flippers and they have basically let it sit that way for years.

Which tables? You can reposition and resize the DMD in the options menu.
I recently read that Zen also supports a DMD on a second screen.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Now if someone told me ASK had suddenly acquired the Stern license, that would be something to get excited about.

How many professional Pinball game developers do we have in Europe?
How many professional GAME developers do we have in Hungary?

It's somewhat suspicious that Zen & ASK are both located in Budapest, Hungary.
Maybe they have a "connection".

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
That falls under the Sony license.
I think you're saying Farsight needed license from Sony only? For SST, they needed license from both Stern and Sony, and I assume also the actors whose likenesses are on/in the game.

invitro

May 4, 2012
How many professional Pinball game developers do we have in Europe?
How many professional GAME developers do we have in Hungary?

It's somewhat suspicious that Zen & ASK are both located in Budapest, Hungary.
Maybe they have a "connection".

Zen is in Hungary? Well that explains a lot. Surely the programmers in Hungary get paid a fraction of what the programmers in California do.

invitro

May 4, 2012
ROM-Emulation is great to digitize machines as quick as possibble to make the most money. (in a way like fastfood for consumers who constantly want the next)
Bizarro world: Williams is fast food, bad superhero pinball is fine dining.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Bizarro world: Williams is fast food, bad superhero pinball is fine dining.

No way, I love Williams machines. I meant the way how they are digitized by Farsight in four weeks.
I think these machines deserve more time.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
If Stern reaches an agreement with Zen and it affects Farsight's ability to license the Simpsons Pinball Party I would not be a happy camper.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Zen is in Hungary? Well that explains a lot. Surely the programmers in Hungary get paid a fraction of what the programmers in California do.

Of course, but Zen has way more people to feed and I think a skilled game developer gets a reasonable income even in Hungary.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well,if you check out TPA's FB page - they announce GoT pinball by Stern. And that they would love to digitize it someday.

So.....either the FS poster is crazy,or the IGN article is a typo. My guess is that it's the latter.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.