Bug iOS Version 1.2.9 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Ah...so that's what's required to do a remote save. I seldom login when playing since alot of the time, I'm away from an internet connection. I regularly do local saves though. Thanks for shedding some light.

Log in on Internet, play while not on Internet. After game you'll get a pop up saying you're not on, but next time you are everything will be uploaded.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Ah...so that's what's required to do a remote save. I seldom login when playing since alot of the time, I'm away from an internet connection. I regularly do local saves though. Thanks for shedding some light.

You can also initiate a remote save manually. Options -> Back Up Save Data -> Remote.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug or not,but with the latest update for iOS I now have to log in every time I turn off the iPad,whereas I didn't have to before...

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I'm somehow stuck on the progress of the table goals. I'm playing some of those older tables with the all new nudging features...

For example:
In the table selection menu I have the icon showing 3 or 4 stars wizard goals.
When I access the table goals in the menu, it only shows the standard goals - and all checked. Therefore not registering any new goals.

I'm not sure, if it's 1.2.9 or if that happened earlier, when I restored high scores/goals from "remote" on my new iPad.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
In the table selection menu I have the icon showing 3 or 4 stars wizard goals.
When I access the table goals in the menu, it only shows the standard goals - and all checked. Therefore not registering any new goals.

I'm not sure, if it's 1.2.9 or if that happened earlier, when I restored high scores/goals from "remote" on my new iPad.
I dunno exactly what's going on with that, but I'm seeing the same Standard/Wizard Goals display weirdness you are.

It is easy to fix, however. Just play a game on the table that's doing this. When you finish the game (and see the "Updating" dialog box), everything will be as it should be. I think. :)

Edit: I spoke too soon... everything will be as it should be *until you exit and retry the table*, at which point you'll see the completed Standard Goals again. Hmmm.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
iPad 3, latest iOS

PinBOT -- while shooting the ball up the left ramp at high speed, it flew out of the table, passing through the 3d mesh, and into the ether. :rolleyes:

Had to call attendant for a reset.
Hasn't happened again, but weird bug nonetheless.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
iPad4/iOS 6.1.3

Centaur. Got a ball stuck in the Queen's Chamber.

I don't know how it happened, so I don't think I can reproduce. At least on purpose.

Only happened once so far.

Called the attendant, both balls ended up removed and placed in the trough. I wasn't having a very good game, so I found it more funny than infuriating.

Last edited:

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
same here - very annoying!

I dunno exactly what's going on with that, but I'm seeing the same Standard/Wizard Goals display weirdness you are.

It is easy to fix, however. Just play a game on the table that's doing this. When you finish the game (and see the "Updating" dialog box), everything will be as it should be. I think. :)

Edit: I spoke too soon... everything will be as it should be *until you exit and retry the table*, at which point you'll see the completed Standard Goals again. Hmmm.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Camera Angles always reset. Every time I start a new table, or even put the iPad to sleep and wake it back up again in the middle of a game. It always sets me back to Angle 3.

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 & iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0.1)

Bug Description: Right flipper on Centaur moves the lit rollover lane (upper playfield) to the left instead of to the right.

Steps to Reproduce: Play Centaur. It's easier to observe if only one rollover lane is lit.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I'm not sure if this is a bug or not and, unfortunately, I haven't played a real Centaur in //redacted// years, so I can't remember whether the rollover lanes only shifted to the left or in both directions. Maybe someone with a better memory could tell me whether this is a bug or working as designed.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 & iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0.1)

Bug Description: Right flipper on Centaur moves the lit rollover lane (upper playfield) to the left instead of to the right.

Steps to Reproduce: Play Centaur. It's easier to observe if only one rollover lane is lit.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I'm not sure if this is a bug or not and, unfortunately, I haven't played a real Centaur in //redacted// years, so I can't remember whether the rollover lanes only shifted to the left or in both directions. Maybe someone with a better memory could tell me whether this is a bug or working as designed.

Not a bug. Working as original table does.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
I've updated to the latest release, and for the first time ever I'm having issues. Tables either crash the app or have desaturated colors, odd camera angles and play at a reduced frame rate. Plus the pause button is gone. I'm on iOS 6.1.3 iPad 3. Currently unplayable :(

I encountered a very similar bug today. All tables would crash on entering them (some of them would allow me to start but as soon as the ball was launched they crashed). I'm on iOS 6.1.3 too and using an iPad 3.

I tried backing up my data locally before downloading the app again (as suggested here) but I obviously did the back up wrong as when I restore nothing happens. Oh well. It's a great little game but that's a killer bug.

I had just finished all the Wizard Goasl in Bride of Pin*Bot today and all. What a pain in the tits.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I encountered a very similar bug today. All tables would crash on entering them (some of them would allow me to start but as soon as the ball was launched they crashed). I'm on iOS 6.1.3 too and using an iPad 3.

I tried backing up my data locally before downloading the app again (as suggested here) but I obviously did the back up wrong as when I restore nothing happens. Oh well. It's a great little game but that's a killer bug.

I had just finished all the Wizard Goasl in Bride of Pin*Bot today and all. What a pain in the tits.
next time use remote backup and when you reinstall the APP restore from remote backup. BTW i too completed the last wizard goal today on BOP.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
next time use remote backup and when you reinstall the APP restore from remote backup.

Thanks. Yeah, I registered with Farsight after re-installing (I had been playing as guest up until then). Just didn't want to register with yet another website (of course I then registered here to complain about this so...) :D

Anyway, next time I will back up that way.

BTW i too completed the last wizard goal today on BOP.

Congrats. :)

I only downloaded it yesterday or the day before so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to get there again. Don't really feel like playing it now after what happened.

Hockeyabe

Jun 28, 2012
Device/OS: IOS (Ipad Mini)

Bug Description: Unavailibility of "Pack Other3 Tables" outside of bundle

Steps To Reproduce: Go to tables, try to buy any available tables. For me, that is only Ripley as I own Black Hole and Theater of Magic

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: I have been playing The Pinball Arcade initially on the Android, then the PS3, and I got an Ipad in January. I have bought every table pack 1-14 in the paid app, and also Theater of Magic and Black Hole. I held off on Ripley as there had been a $1.99 sale on Android, and I hoped it would come to IOS as well.

When the new tournament launched, I decided to bite the bullet and spend the $3.99, only to find the item no longer available outside of an $8.99 bundle that I already have two of the three items in.

I emailed support and have not heard anything back, and am hoping to attain the table somehow on IOS. I already bought it twice, on Android and PS3, and don't mind paying the single table price for a third system, but $9 is a bit much for a third copy of the table.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Device/OS: IOS (Ipad Mini)

Bug Description: Unavailibility of "Pack Other3 Tables" outside of bundle

Steps To Reproduce: Go to tables, try to buy any available tables. For me, that is only Ripley as I own Black Hole and Theater of Magic

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: I have been playing The Pinball Arcade initially on the Android, then the PS3, and I got an Ipad in January. I have bought every table pack 1-14 in the paid app, and also Theater of Magic and Black Hole. I held off on Ripley as there had been a $1.99 sale on Android, and I hoped it would come to IOS as well.

When the new tournament launched, I decided to bite the bullet and spend the $3.99, only to find the item no longer available outside of an $8.99 bundle that I already have two of the three items in.

I emailed support and have not heard anything back, and am hoping to attain the table somehow on IOS. I already bought it twice, on Android and PS3, and don't mind paying the single table price for a third system, but $9 is a bit much for a third copy of the table.

This isn't a bug. FS has intentionally priced the tables this way. You are not the only person that has voiced concern over this so hopefully they will come up with a solution.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's a low blow by FS. Luckily, I managed to buy RBION for $3.99 as an individual table before the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts