New UI Discussion

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
C'mon FarSight, just swallow your pride and copy Zen's Pinball FX2 UI for table selection. It would make all of us who bought every table happy.

well i dunno about other zen side-products, but going from just plain-jane "zen pinball" on ps3 and ios - i don't envy!!!! the little buttons to select tables is only just gonna get smaller... and my main (ps3) is still connected to a CRT tv and not lcd - so "reading" each table title is an increasingly diffucult exercise (even just trying to "read" the table via artwork is a chore too!)

i only recently tried GTA5 online, lol - and as i was sitting around -trying- to read the onscreen instructions, some kid from somewhere blew me up, before i had a chance! (lol, i know, "right of passage" - still if you wanted to try to keep a "clean profile," not a ready way to get into things...)

really, kinda hatin' on this "CRT" read-liness that works against anyone using a -perfectly- fine, even if old-school CRT display... ;0 while it will still be usable for a little while, it won't last in the long run, just even for that dimension of display-space... needs some kind of variant MAME-style thing by now; it just screams for a "by title/by year/by manu/by designer/by etc etc"! by now!! :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
well i dunno about other zen side-products, but going from just plain-jane "zen pinball" on ps3 and ios - i don't envy!!!! the little buttons to select tables is only just gonna get smaller... and my main (ps3) is still connected to a CRT tv and not lcd - so "reading" each table title is an increasingly diffucult exercise (even just trying to "read" the table via artwork is a chore too!)

I too have a CRT, mine's a 53" rear projection HD set, but I feel your pain. Still, I've long since abandoned fighting for my TV as it is ancient by today's standards and certainly shouldn't be catered to anymore. By now it's my own damn fault for not upgrading.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I too have a CRT, mine's a 53" rear projection HD set, but I feel your pain. Still, I've long since abandoned fighting for my TV as it is ancient by today's standards and certainly shouldn't be catered to anymore. By now it's my own damn fault for not upgrading.

hOLY SHEEZ... ;0 a 53"??? goodness gracious, how much does that weigh?? at least it's HD! (howww-dy syt, think we crossed paths on this one before! ;0)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts