New UI Discussion

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'm so tired of the current UI, that I found the new one is marvelous. XD

For the fake Pinball Wizard music, it was composed by Chris Kline for Farsight, and it's called "Pinball Dreams". So Farsight owns this (crappy) tune.

Chis Kline has composed way much better music for Farsight, like "Premonition" (also used in Williams PHOF). They just have to use this one instead, because it seriously rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aet5IZEao

I can't be tired of this music, and starting TPA with it would be priceless (in PHOF, it was the music I always left checked in the sound options).

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What about generic tri-chimes, slingshots and bumpers? Y'know, the same stock sounds used whenever you see a pinball on screen, no matter what year the table was made.
That's all they could do, missed with some ambient sounds. Like that from a bar.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I wonder if they will mention the new UI in the upcoming 12 days of christmas :p

But seriously this is long overdue

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Or what about using sounds from the tables that are currently in the collection? Surely FS already have the rights to that?
No they don't. The sounds embodied within the games, for the purposes of emulation, yes.

New works, consisting of fragments of pinball soundtracks, no.

Crazy, right? But it is what it is.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Nice that it's finally coming. Never had huge problems with the looks of the old one, but I wonder what new hyper functionality stuff they came up with. Less sub menu and more sliders I hope.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Being able to filter tables by season is something I've been waiting for a long time, I'm glad it's finally coming. The table wheel takes a long time to get where you want.

I do wish they'd keep the pictures of the pinball machines in the UI somehow, I love 'em.

18Phoenix

Hello from Germany.
Any news about the new UI ? Will it come out for the consoles ? Perhaps with the season 5 start ?
I hope so. And when they need so long, then most of the customer wishes should be implemented.
Like building a favorites list.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Hello from Germany.
Any news about the new UI ? Will it come out for the consoles ? Perhaps with the season 5 start ?
I hope so. And when they need so long, then most of the customer wishes should be implemented.
Like building a favorites list.

Season 5 started a month ago and no new UI.

18Phoenix

Season 4 is complete on XBone.
I've no problem with waiting solong I don't have to "play" on a PC or tablet.
I prefer playing on a 85" TV in the livingroom where people normally don't have their PC.

Last edited:

18Phoenix

Yes, it's really really terrible to have such a huge TV, next will be 24".
HO HO HO

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.