New UI Discussion

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If any of the FS people working on the new UI are reading this: please make sure to use the correct spelling in the "text version" of the menu. For instance T2 should be "Judgment Day" not "Judgement Day", it's "Goin' Nuts" with an apostrophe, etc. Attention to detail is expected everywhere.

1513335_668564789831251_465769439_n.jpg

This is just an artist's mockup of an early version of the new UI, so it hasn't been "proofread" yet. Any of the UI elements shown may be changed or removed before the released version.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
If any of the FS people working on the new UI are reading this: please make sure to use the correct spelling in the "text version" of the menu. For instance T2 should be "Judgment Day" not "Judgement Day", it's "Goin' Nuts" with an apostrophe, etc. Attention to detail is expected everywhere.

Good points. And Harley-Davidson should be hyphenated.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I would venture to guess that the new UI looks like a touchscreen interface because that's the most popular platform for TPA.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Please make the "Play" button start playing a game immediately but jumping to another screen and one more "start" button like current one. For the setup or other features there can be another button labeled setup or something. I think most people most time just play the game of choice, lesser steps to start a game is better.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Please make the "Play" button start playing a game immediately but jumping to another screen and one more "start" button like current one. For the setup or other features there can be another button labeled setup or something. I think most people most time just play the game of choice, lesser steps to start a game is better.

As someone who plays more two or three person games than single player games , I would disagree.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
As someone who plays more two or three person games than single player games , I would disagree.

For people like you, there can be another separate button for the setup right next to the "start" button as I wrote.

N

netizen

Pinball tables have a Start, and an Credit button on them, plus the table will need to go to the attract mode to start the ROM state AFAIK.

I'd like to see some of the more "cabinet" type features come to the pc version and be integrated into native controller support globally on all platforms so that in attract mode the player is interacting with the ROM and not necessarily with the menu UI. That way you can change the settings on the table select menu, and then on the attract/start screen you're only adding credits or pressing the start button, but any L/R flipper presses are recognized by the ROM as such. This would add yet another touch of "realism" that would allow for more of the Easter Eggs to be accessible, but it would also mean there was a mapped credit button for those players that wanted to utilize the buy in option in pro mode tables that supported/offered the feature.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
uhh part of what makes you plop those quarters in is THE LOOK of a machine. Maybe its the toys,ramps,attract mode or call outs now these beautiful pieces of working art have been condensed into icons.....just sad.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Keep in mind these are mock-ups, not even prototype. They haven't "made" anything yet, at least they're not showing us that. It's just one guy with photoshop (or something similar) saying "I think the UI should look roughly like this". So it's a bit early to nitpick on tiny things like the start button.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm guessing the token might be for use on a pin you haven't bought yet. Sort of an extended preview to help get you to buy that pin. Just a guess though.

What net said would make sense too.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Someone have an idea what the tokens would be use for?

It might simply be to track the number of credits that you earn. Some people have said that they would like to know how many they've earned.

For people like you, there can be another separate button for the setup right next to the "start" button as I wrote.

You were suggesting how you wanted it to be changed to cater to your specific needs. I was suggesting that having the start button go to the table menu is how I want it setup. Oh, you can have a little button off to the side to start a single player game. :D

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Not a big fan of the new UI. I want to be able to see the tables and artwork. Seeing a generic pinball doesn't really make me want to play a table.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
My bet on the token thing is you can buy a certain number of plays on any table, just like a real arcade. Which isn't much interest to me but might appeal to more casual players.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It looks like a huge step backward. Hopefully Farsight will implement this as slowly as they do everything else :).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts