New UI Public Beta

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Have no fear. If Farsight is true to their usual release schedule for new features, we are save for while longer.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
another video, still no scroll wheel support but atleast a double click or double enter will get you into a table.

old stuff that hasn't changed
EarthShakers rewards still hiding behind the alphanumeric UI
F-14's alphanumerics ui is off center
BK, Gorgar alphanumerics are missing, and Gorgars ball in play is over the score display

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The should add a choice to make the balls bigger, so what is now a 4 balls square grid is one.
And what about the already suggested split screen to show more of the selected table?
Still looks like a game of bubble breaker to me

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
i would have liked backglass rectangular choice menu than round ball but why not !

Is that really the only view option? Because IMO it's worse than the current UI. There should be an option to display with the title alphabetically.
Oh well, still beta as you say. :eek:

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
On the latest beta build:
The filter menu does not look and work correctly on resolutions above 1920x1080. It starts "hovering" above the bottom menu line with options missing in the list.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I also wonder about the layout of this beta of User Interface. On my computer screen, the new UI rectangles are 4 cm, vertical and 3.5 cm. horitzontal My idea is to switch them to around and make the the vertical 3.5 and the horizontal 4 cm and then put an image of tables backglass in the rectangle. Voila, you have a more attractive "User Interface" and easier to find tables.

Another idea is that has already been mentioned is a) keep the start button, but when double clicking on a game icon that should start the game and also when the green outline highlights a game then, pressing the "A" button on the controller should start the game. Plus, fixing the way initials are entered, as mentioned above.

Yes, I would like to have an image of the backglass than what they have now. Please don't force the new UI on us FarSight, please.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is that really the only view option? Because IMO it's worse than the current UI. There should be an option to display with the title alphabetically.
Oh well, still beta as you say. :eek:

Default is filtered alphabetically. You can also filter by year, manufacturer, table packs, and goals completed. Also, I play on a 23" screen and the table select is plenty big to see everything. In my opinion, if the balls were any bigger, there'd be way too much scrolling.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
All I really want in the new UI is to be able to use my game controller to navigate the menu easily. Functionality over Beauty every time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
All I really want in the new UI is to be able to use my game controller to navigate the menu easily. Functionality over Beauty every time.

I can do just that, not needing a mouse now. It takes a little getting used to, but over the past months when they've taken the beta down and I had to go back to the old version, I'd appreciate the new UI even more. So embrace the new, as you really don't have a choice!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I can do just that, not needing a mouse now. It takes a little getting used to, but over the past months when they've taken the beta down and I had to go back to the old version, I'd appreciate the new UI even more. So embrace the new, as you really don't have a choice!

As Roland Deschain would say, "The world has moved on". I sure wish I had a ka-tet to keep my back.

I will embrace the new UI because I love playing The Pinball Arcade and participating in this fine forum. :)

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I don't have much time to check it out right now, but here are some quick observations.

Pros
-The Owned, Owned Pro, and Not Owned Lock images are nice and easily read and understood.

Cons
-In the Tables menu, clicking Year will either sort them by Manufacturer date or TPA release date. These options were split before, not under the same Year option, weren't they? It was more clearly understood separated.

Suggestions
-Most of my previous suggestions haven't been addressed, and it feels like it has a ways to go before being officially released. But, having said that, I'm looking forward to it.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We have released latest update for the New UI Public beta up today and plan to release it on Wednesday. There have been some adjustments with menu navigation and some added screen overlays when selecting tables.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
In portrait..

the main screen navigation via keyboard (or keyboard binds) skips around by 2, same goes for the Gameplay Mode screen

going left or right off the grid of tables in the table selection menu puts you at the sort button or leaderboard button

can open table sort menu by keyboard but cant really select any of the options

credits don't list credits on options menu

With a table loaded you can't press up to goto the options menu

plus older items like the issue with the leaderboard highlight blue graphic not being what you intended, sort menu jumps around too likely due to a higher resolution being used to downsample from

no more soundbites when you start a table?

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Does this update include LAH?

It does include LAH.

In portrait..

the main screen navigation via keyboard (or keyboard binds) skips around by 2, same goes for the Gameplay Mode screen

going left or right off the grid of tables in the table selection menu puts you at the sort button or leaderboard button

can open table sort menu by keyboard but cant really select any of the options

credits don't list credits on options menu

With a table loaded you can't press up to goto the options menu

plus older items like the issue with the leaderboard highlight blue graphic not being what you intended, sort menu jumps around too likely due to a higher resolution being used to downsample from

no more soundbites when you start a table?
The directional key issues are bugged regarding skipping over the first selections, not being able to select sort options, and not being able to select the options. The credits are working but are slow to appear, which is bugged. The blue highlight is intended to be in. The add friend and friend leaderboard will be removed until it's functioning correctly on steam.

I'll try and get the soundbites in when selecting a table.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts