PS3 Version 2.07 (NA) Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Title Update 2.07 changelog :

● Added The Twilight Zone - available for purchase on February 5th.
● Added Big Shot - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Scared Stiff - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Medieval Madness Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added Tales of the Arabian Nights Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added 10 selectable custom balls in the Extras Menu.
● Tweaked the main physics engine.
● New pop bumper mechanical sounds.
● New splash screen background music.

good stuff, where did you get a changelog? hope we get one everytime....

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Those bumper sounds are delicious and the ball skins are nifty. Particularly the green one looks pretty funky on Black Hole.

But guess what? The hit detection of the extra flippers is still lousy, as far as I can tell all the Black Knight problems are still there, CV's outlanes are still excessively greedy and suck the fun out of the table... and of course the good old classic flipper gap still sits like a rock on Medieval Madness. And that's just the little that I picked up from the few plays so far.

By now I'm starting to assume that the devs are just being stubborn and trying to prove a point. No idea what said point might be, though.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
But guess what? The hit detection of the extra flippers is still lousy, as far as I can tell all the Black Knight problems are still there, CV's outlanes are still excessively greedy and suck the fun out of the table... and of course the good old classic flipper gap still sits like a rock on Medieval Madness.

Really?? You'd think this would've been fixed by now. That's very disappointing.. :(

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I finished standard goals on No GOOD GOFERS , and that was a fluke, it eluded me before , the physics are nicer now , the lighting was improved , the graphics got sharper , the DMD have new animations now , but if there is a even better fix coming , I wont complain. The game feels more alive now , and the new ball skins rock, wonder which BALL Skin is the apology skin for screwing up the standard definition after that patch in June ?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
the flipper lag is not real and can't be fixed. it's a matter of perception and your tv, farsight can't do anything about it..

I, and many more, have never experienced flipper lag and I would argue it's only a very vocal minority that does.

It is real. They have admitted that there are a few frames of delay due to post-processing. Some people may not notice it, but others will.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Any word on when the Elvira, Funhouse and BoP game ending (when locking balls) glitches will be fixed?

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
I believe I've noticed a bug (unless it's suppose to be this way, but I doubt it). On all tables, the ball dropping sound doesn't seem to play. Like when a ball is lost, or when it goes to the plunger (unless that sound changed?).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Not sure where to put it but on CV the highwire ball lock is a bit broken.. Ball lock one goes down the neon rail instead of getting pushed left to the lock. Lock 2 works though. Already happened a few times.

edit: and sneaky lock gave me the normal Highwire lock animation.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
the flipper lag is not real and can't be fixed. it's a matter of perception and your tv, farsight can't do anything about it..

I, and many more, have never experienced flipper lag and I would argue it's only a very vocal minority that does.

By this logic, the north pole does not exist. I have never experienced it and those that say they have are just a vocal minority. Therefore, it must be nonsense. Oh and the world is flat coz I say so. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

FarSight has acknowledged the ps3 flipper lag and are working on ways to correct it. They have also stated that if you play on 1080p you will probably always have one frame of lag because they don't see a way around that. However we can be hopeful that they will be able to fix the rest. I can live with one frame of lag.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
FarSight has acknowledged the ps3 flipper lag and are working on ways to correct it. They have also stated that if you play on 1080p you will probably always have one frame of lag because they don't see a way around that. However we can be hopeful that they will be able to fix the rest. I can live with one frame of lag.

Actually what they said in that SYT inverview was: "It went from being a 2 frame lag from HDR lighting to 1 frame lag that’s still there for 1080, but it’s there because we’re doing this post processing thing. In order to have the lighting technology that we do and run at 60fps, we need an extra frame to process everything after the controller input."

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Title Update 2.07 changelog :

● Added The Twilight Zone - available for purchase on February 5th.
● Added Big Shot - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Scared Stiff - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Medieval Madness Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added Tales of the Arabian Nights Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added 10 selectable custom balls in the Extras Menu.
● Tweaked the main physics engine.
● New pop bumper mechanical sounds.
● New splash screen background music.

Wow thanks PW! : )

Wish we had more details about "tweaked the main physics engine," that sounds tantalizingly important.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
still salty that black knight is a hot mess graphics and sound wise

I have a sneaky feeling this wont get fixed.

Has the high score problem with No Good Gophers and Elvira ever been fixed? Mine is still goofed post this patch so I haven't gotten the Top 5 tropheys.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
still salty that black knight is a hot mess graphics and sound wise

I agree.

If Farsight has no plans to fix this, how about an option to delete it? Yes.. it's THAT bad unfortunately.
I still enjoy it on the Williams Collection though and would rather not have to see it in it's current shape.

I'd like to see them get their priorities a bit more in order. Other than that I am, and always have been, happy with the game.

Black Knight table improved

In what way?

I'm still baffled why they aren't adding the ability for us to play our own music via the XMB.
I use this option all the time with ZEN Pinball (and about 75% of other PSN games) and it would actually make much more sense to have it in TPA for making the older
EM pins a bit more entertaining.

I've actually been asking Farsight to add this ability since 2008 and they always give me the same reply
"We are looking into this." By now I assume they've looked into it, out of it, and all the way around it!

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The new pop bumper sounds are great! How did we ever get by without those? : )

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Not a big deal, but the cabinet art on Tales of the Arabian Nights is still backwards. Something like that should be an easy fix, yet it's been like this for a very long time.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Why weren't the new flipper physics included in this update??

Mobile wins again.....

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I have a sneaky feeling this wont get fixed.

Has the high score problem with No Good Gophers and Elvira ever been fixed? Mine is still goofed post this patch so I haven't gotten the Top 5 tropheys.

Delete your save file to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts