PS3 Version 2.07 (NA) Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

slidebite

May 10, 2012
Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, but my wife and I were just playing Elvira for the first time and noticed this high score board bug. Don't know if its new to the updated version or not as we haven't really played it before.
DzfCFtb.jpg

Fearmonkey

Dec 2, 2012
whoa whoa whoa...

Unpaid??

(thinks about all the actual pinball tables that are there and being able to play TPA without distractions for a day)

Um, I could maybe make that work!

Truth be told, I think the only value in some of us actually going up to test would be to point out the obvious and then report back to you guys that we pointed out the obvious! I don't know many days they actually test for, and I don't know how much could be accomplished if say I were to volunteer for one day. But then, who knows? Should we see who in the SoCal area would be willing to go up once a month for a day to do actual consumer base testing? Let's start a list and see how many of us there actually are. By next Friday we could tally it up and then maybe make a pitch to having us do just that. I'll start...

1. shutyertrap (orange county represent!)

I'm in San Diego but where is FS located? If it's more than a couple hours away I don't think I can do it. Also, I'm not a super expert on pinball or anything. I just like playing it. :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm in San Diego but where is FS located? If it's more than a couple hours away I don't think I can do it. Also, I'm not a super expert on pinball or anything. I just like playing it. :p

They're up in Big Bear. I'm no super expert either, but some of these bugs that plague the PS3 are quite obvious with the most basic play.

Fearmonkey

Dec 2, 2012
They're up in Big Bear. I'm no super expert either, but some of these bugs that plague the PS3 are quite obvious with the most basic play.

Yikes. That's almost 3 hours away from here. I could go there once a year maybe. :p

Maybe if there's enough people we can get a carpool together. :p

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yikes. That's almost 3 hours away from here. I could go there once a year maybe. :p

Maybe if there's enough people we can get a carpool together. :p

Actually carpooling is exactly what I had in mind!

I also have access to a cabin in Arrowhead any time I want, so it'd even be possible to stay the night and drive back the next day rather than do some insane 18 hour day.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
^ That old chestnut. No its not new.

Just to double check on the scoreboard bug, it's still not been fixed?

I'm guessing when they add tournaments the leader boards might get a wipe to fix it? Hopefully.

Just wanted to pop and say I'm mostly liking what I'm seeing. Yeah, there's still bugs that need addressing on Twilight Zone and other tables, but the over-all physics on all the tables seems to be improved. Just feels more natural.

Certainly a move in the right direction anyways.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Just to double check on the scoreboard bug, it's still not been fixed?

I'm guessing when they add tournaments the leader boards might get a wipe to fix it? Hopefully.

Just wanted to pop and say I'm mostly liking what I'm seeing. Yeah, there's still bugs that need addressing on Twilight Zone and other tables, but the over-all physics on all the tables seems to be improved. Just feels more natural.

Certainly a move in the right direction anyways.

I think it has been fixed. If you delete your TPA game save file from your PS3, you won't have this problem anymore. As I suggested when this problem first came up, I don't think they can easily fix the game file that is on the HD of each PS3. So you can do like I did and bite the bullet and delete your game save which will also delete your goals along with the botched high scores but your trophies will be fine or live with the botched high scores. Tournaments don't use the local high score board so it won't get reset for tournaments. I don't think the tournaments use the online leader boards either for that matter.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
There is a odd black spot on the Big Shot prior to starting the game. Not a biggie but I keep thinking my TV has a wad of dead pixels. Its under the O in Shot. Looks like they missed a spot erasing on Photoshop

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hm I didn't notice that spot. At first glance I'd have had to say these are a couple of the best-looking Pinball Arcade tables yet, nice work art dudes!

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I think it has been fixed. If you delete your TPA game save file from your PS3, you won't have this problem anymore. As I suggested when this problem first came up, I don't think they can easily fix the game file that is on the HD of each PS3. So you can do like I did and bite the bullet and delete your game save which will also delete your goals along with the botched high scores but your trophies will be fine or live with the botched high scores. Tournaments don't use the local high score board so it won't get reset for tournaments. I don't think the tournaments use the online leader boards either for that matter.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will be deleting the save game for the second time to fix bugs ha ha. I have little hope of hitting wizard goals any ways so it doesn't effect me too much.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Uh yeah, I would be totally up for going to big bear and testing TPA all day. Count me in

Lavode

Mar 10, 2013
I have a request: when going through Pro mode, the background music can't be disabled, so when you get to the sound test, you still get the background sound loop playing over all the sounds in the test. This is really annoying, and the sound test is the main reason I buy Pro mode options. Please put in a way to turn the music off. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts