Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
By the way, there's still a little more than 10 days left in the project and they only have $18,000 left to go. The project has taken in a little more than $20,000 for each of the previous 10 day cycles.

I understand Pin Wiz, but even Bobby King is not sure about it. I'm pretty worried checking the kickstarter site every day. :(

Last edited:

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
I am a bit upset that the 18 level offers pro but 20 doesn't. I too would up to 25 or 28 for pro even though I think that if you are emulating tables having access to the coin door is a given.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I am curious why the Kickstarter page says they had 3 Kickstarter's and three backed. Was there a another Kickstarter besides TZ and ST:TNG?

I am backing this project at ten bucks since my income is low. I am considering bumping to 18 so I can get another credit towards Season pass 3.

I would spend 40 or 50 bucks from my savings for a neat TPA T-shirt. I am going to pledge the amount to get a pinball shirt from the pinball museum Kickstarter. I want a T-shirt that says I love to play pinball and really, really want a T-shirt that says I love to play TPA.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
I am curious why the Kickstarter page says they had 3 Kickstarter's and three backed. Was there a another Kickstarter besides TZ and ST:TNG?

I am backing this project at ten bucks since my income is low. I am considering bumping to 18 so I can get another credit towards Season pass 3.

I would spend 40 or 50 bucks from my savings for a neat TPA T-shirt. I am going to pledge the amount to get a pinball shirt from the pinball museum Kickstarter. I want a T-shirt that says I love to play pinball and really, really want a T-shirt that says I love to play TPA.

The 3 backed refers to three other projects that Farsight have contributed funding to via Kickstarter (non pinball)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The possibility of a TAF kickstarter to follow is reason enough to support T2...

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
It should have been Simpsons Party Pinball. The extra money they would have recieved would have gone a long way to been able to get another licence funded. Everybody loves the Simpsons.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Copy and past below link to see interview transcript of Bobby King with 4 Color Rebellion!

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/arch...h-farsight-studios-terminator-2-judgment-day/

One answer I don't understand from Bobby is this below: If T2 isn't successful why would it be end of Kickstarters?, (one failed table, doesn't mean others won't be successful, ProPinball for example!) So is FS (Bobby) saying (confirming) then Addams will be next kickstarter? Sounds like he is. Huge disappointment if it isn't, to dangle the carrot and not commit.

4cr: The campaign is already partially funded thanks to the support of your fans. On the past two projects you have used the extra funds pledged over the goal to lower the amount asked for on your next table conversion Kickstarter. So far, this has worked twice in a row, but do you think it might be time to have some stretch goals added into your campaign to improve the Terminator 2: Judgment Day project itself?

Bobby: Maybe. We’ve been discussing some ideas internally, but having any money over $59,000 go to an Addams Family kickstarter (if we get there) is more likely. Personally, I would be very disappointed if this was our last kickstarter and we never had one for Addams Family.

Ya know, that really does sound like a 'for sure' that the next kickstarter would be TAF. Here's what I'm guessing based on the rest of that transcript...licensing of TZ and ST:TNG got them through the door to license T2. Getting and handling the license properly for that will probably open the door for TAF. I think what they are showing the rights holders is that they can afford it in the first place, and as the value of the kickstarters has gone up, this proves their point.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
My apologies for the post I just made and immediately deleted after I noticed I had gotten my wires crossed there for a second. If you subscribe to this thread and read my post, please disregard it.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Nope, completely disregarding the KS, I find the pro menu offers me nothing that I would pay extra for. On the tables I have it for I never use it and see no value in it at all. That's just my opinion though, if everyone else is enjoying the pro menu in some way good on them but it does nothing for me.

I'm in the same spot that there isn't a whole lot in Pro that I would make use of. However I really want it for this table to turn off family mode and hear the Terminator cuss out the machine when you screw up.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Nice spike in donations today. 3K total. What caused the bump?

We really need to kill it this weekend, so that the last few days of the kickstarter aren't nailbiters. 18 grand to go, 10 days, that's 1,800 a day and we did 3,000 today. If the weekend is strong then we can all sit back and relax next week.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'll bump up my pledge to $20 towards the end during the final push if necessary.

This was my plan all along too. I'd rather see it succeed with a lot of people pledging a little money each rather than needing a smaller group of people to carry it, but I also wouldn't want to see it fail. I have a feeling there are a whole lot of people that would up their pledge near the end if they felt they had too.

...I would spend 40 or 50 bucks from my savings for a neat TPA T-shirt. I am going to pledge the amount to get a pinball shirt from the pinball museum Kickstarter. I want a T-shirt that says I love to play pinball and really, really want a T-shirt that says I love to play TPA.

I would up my pledge amount to the $50 level for a T-shirt too.. but they would have to figure the cost of the shirts and shipping so maybe it would need to be a little higher level to be worthwhile for them to do. I think it would be a popular reward though.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I am a bit upset that the 18 level offers pro but 20 doesn't. I too would up to 25 or 28 for pro even though I think that if you are emulating tables having access to the coin door is a given.
This may sound a little wierd, but I actually upped my pledge from $10 to $20 and selected the $18 tier. Having my name listed in the credits as a "bronze" contributor on anything sounds pretty cool for only $20. The extra 2 bucks might place my name higher on the list. Hmmm, maybe I should pledge $21 instead?

It should have been Simpsons Party Pinball. The extra money they would have recieved would have gone a long way to been able to get another licence funded. Everybody loves the Simpsons.
Homer says, D'oh!

I totally want this table released. There's supposedly one for play up in some kiddie amusement arcade in the next town over (i forget the name but I think it's a similar format to Chucky Cheese); I should check it out. Hopefully the kiddies didn't abuse it too much. Is it creepy if a 32 year old man with no children of his own walks into an arcade full of kiddies just to play a pinball? :p

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I totally want this table released. There's supposedly one for play up in some kiddie amusement arcade in the next town over (i forget the name but I think it's a similar format to Chucky Cheese); I should check it out. Hopefully the kiddies didn't abuse it too much.

I just played one yesterday at a Golf N Stuff. It looked clean and not abused...too bad it didn't play the way it looked. The left flipper would stick in the up position, until you flipped with the right. Left also didn't have much power, so I'm guessing the end of stroke switch was messed up, causing the coil to stay on. Also none of the under play field lights worked, so you couldn't tell what needed being hit. Finally, the Itchy and Scratchy drop targets were permanently dropped (something I've noticed every other time I've played this thing elsewhere). Quite disappointing. The kicker? I kept scoring a replay. Figures, free games on the semi broken table!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Something needs to happen. KickTraq currently has the forecast at $59,212 out of $59,000. Imagine the horror if Farsight missed by some tiny amount. They would then get no money at all:(
exp-trend.png

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I totally want this table released. There's supposedly one for play up in some kiddie amusement arcade in the next town over (i forget the name but I think it's a similar format to Chucky Cheese); I should check it out. Hopefully the kiddies didn't abuse it too much. Is it creepy if a 32 year old man with no children of his own walks into an arcade full of kiddies just to play a pinball? :p

Haha, I considered the same to play a Revenge From Mars once, but decided against it. :p

I'm not particularly fond of TSPP though, I think the shots feel odd, and the drains feel really unfair. However, what I hear is that once you do master it, a game can last upwards and hour or so, which is also no fun - imagine how long it would last in a TPA version (as it is, I've already played CV games that lasted an hour!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.