Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
From Facebook:

Our T2 Kickstarter is getting close to $40K. We still need a lot more support! Stay tuned later this week for some exciting news - especially for those who backed us at the $100 level for Twilight Zone.

Sounds like the beta might be on it's way to the PC guys. Hopefully that will entice some on the fence to back.

Meh. Looked like today was going to be an OK day overall but one of the $400 pledges just got pulled. Bummer.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
New backer reward:

Pledge $18 or more: Get the Pro version of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table including access to the table operator’s menu on a single platform of your choice, PLUS your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits!

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
More details about pledgees who already bought a season 2 pass:

We've been getting questions from fans about whether the Terminator 2 table will be part of Season Two of the Pinball Arcade, and if so what will be done for Kickstarter backers who already own a Season Two Pass. *If the license is funded, the Terminator 2 table WILL be part of Season Two. If you already have a Season Two Pass and you back the Terminator 2 project, as a "thank-you" we will give you any other table of your choice (now or in the future). If you have a Season Two Pro Pass we'll give you the Pro table of your choice.

N

netizen

More details about pledgees who already bought a season 2 pass:

We've been getting questions from fans about whether the Terminator 2 table will be part of Season Two of the Pinball Arcade, and if so what will be done for Kickstarter backers who already own a Season Two Pass. *If the license is funded, the Terminator 2 table WILL be part of Season Two. If you already have a Season Two Pass and you back the Terminator 2 project, as a "thank-you" we will give you any other table of your choice (now or in the future). If you have a Season Two Pro Pass we'll give you the Pro table of your choice.

Yay more credits. Soon i will get season 3 for free, lol

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
New backer reward:

Pledge $18 or more: Get the Pro version of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day pinball table including access to the table operator’s menu on a single platform of your choice, PLUS your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits!
Okay, I'm officially upping my bid now. That's gonna be one long-@$$ed credits list. :p

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Going forward any discussion of raffles, or giving away a physical table, will be deleted from this thread.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Going forward any discussion of raffles, or giving away a physical table, will be deleted from this thread.
You, sir, are a man of your word (I found at least one reply sitting in my sub inbox, which I was gonna reply too but it has already been deleted from the thread).

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Skillful play at Doctor Who involves selecting Doctor #6 and shooting the Cliffhanger ramp over and over and over again until Sonic Boom is active, then shoot W-H-O in order for 40M a shot, then resume Cliffhanger ramp loopage until the next Sonic Boom. That's it.

Your other option is the multiball, but it's a pain to start (lots of death shots against the visor-like Time Expander), even more of a pain to actually execute, and you are penalized by going back a stage if you lose the third ball...and you need to have it at 4X Playfield (again by shooting Cliffhanger ramps) for its scoring to be worth the risk.

Nothing else on the table will score anything remotely close to these two paths.

So basically, one of those tables where one shot ruins every other shot on the table (I'm looking at you, Bride of Pinbot!) .... I can't stand those - I could have fun doing other stuff on the table, but when it comes down to it, pinball is a game about score.

I played a Dr. Who once, but like Ark Malmeida I had no idea what I was doing.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
So basically, one of those tables where one shot ruins every other shot on the table (I'm looking at you, Bride of Pinbot!) .... I can't stand those - I could have fun doing other stuff on the table, but when it comes down to it, pinball is a game about score.
How is Bride of Pinbot ruined? I was ecstatic when I finally achieved the billion point bonus. I seemed to get so good at hitting the left ramp that I was finding it difficult to shoot for the bonus wheel. Then the last wizard goal on the table was a "regular" jackpot. huh? Oh, I've got to shoot the ball into an area I'd totally forgotten even existed, to collect it. Still an awesome table either way, but I'll admit the "billion bonus" is a bit excessive, seeing as it's two orders of magnitude higher than the 8-million jackpot.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Bride is too easy and so are TZ, Scared, FH. These tables bore me because of this.

I'm not really getting this from Funhouse, but compared to the real thing, games do take way too long.

BOP is way, way too easy though, being nearly impossible to drain, while showering you with extra balls, and you typically go for the same shot constantly, so there's no fun to be had in it. That's a totally different issue altogether, though. With the 1 billion shot being on the table, why would you ever care about going for anything else? Add to that the totally random factor of what rewards you get on the big wheel, and you have a terrible point system for a pinball game. I don't see how you can justify it.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Forget about it. But people must understand not everybody has the time to read every topic and every page. I thaught it was a good idea, it was not.

---

I start to worry mates, we need 20k in 11 days...... Will be hard i am afraid.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This kickstarter has been on a steady pace since the day it started.

• Was at $20,000 (33%) after the first 10 days

• Will be above $40,000 (already at 67%) in roughly 13 hours from now which will be 20 days.

• Was at 25% after the first week

• Was at 50% after the second week

• Is on pace to hit 75% by the end of this Saturday (third week)

So again I ask, why do some of you think this Kickstarter is not on pace or won't meet the goal by July 21st? I'm actually more comfortable with this Kickstarter than the Star Trek Kickstarter which started off with a bang and then was a grind to the end of the project with no spikes in between.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Bride is too easy and so are TZ, Scared, FH. These tables bore me because of this.

That may be the case for the first three but Funhouse is far from easy. Ball drains are not common on the main table but every time I hit the STEPS ramp, my ball goes down an outlane about 20% of the time. Not to mention you can't ever see the ball under the "transparent" ramps so doing anything from a jackpot to a trapdoor bonus to a multi-loop combo is almost impossible to time. Not critical to getting a great score but adds difficulty to meeting the table's goals.

I am hoping that T2 will be tuned with a nice balance of difficulty. Obviously the table wasn't the hardest physical table but it did have a pretty good variety of shots and goals to achieve.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
Not to mention you can't ever see the ball under the "transparent" ramps so doing anything from a jackpot to a trapdoor bonus to a multi-loop combo is almost impossible to time.

change your ball to a brightly coloured one. i quadrupled my high score and cleared the final regular table goal and all 5 wizard goals within an hour of doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts