Zen Pinball - Star Wars

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Checkpoints are great for casual players. Otherwise most of us will never have the chance to play certain missions and THAT would be too bad when it comes to Star Wars. ZEN already did something similar it with "Spider Man", didn't they?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
As long as the big scores are from getting all the way in a single game, I don't see the problem.
I doubt the checkpoints save your current score. :p

N

Nik Barbour

Don't you have to buy all three at once?

Don't know about other platforms, but Android they currently show as 3 separate (as yet unavailable) tables. This would indicate they will be available separately for purchase I'd guess.

5anapenu.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The iOS version looks just like the android version Nik posted a pic of above. So I will just buy one to start, unless there is a package discount.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
console version are sold in packs. I'm not sure what was stated and reasons from actual Zen developers but the packs stay together. The mobile market is quite different so I guess each table will be sold separately.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, it's not "real pinball" but that Boba Fett game looks like a lot of fun. I'll be giving it a try for sure. Reminds me of Alien Crush and Devil's Crush on the TG-16. That's a (very) good thing.

Tabe

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Really looking forward to playing the Boba Fett table. Not too crazy about the one for Empire, but here's hoping Zen gives us a taste of what's to come with the SW License.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Im onboard for the table pack , re-installed Zen 2 , and my opinion has not changed much. Ball goes from feeling like a lead sinker to being too floaty , graphics are gorgeous , sound is pretty good . table designs feel " off " , it's a feeling I can't describe in words too well, the tables dont feel dynamic , Im aware Im playing a videogame pinball machine , whereas with TPA It feels like a pinball machine in real life . Zen's tables leave me feeling empty.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Im onboard for the table pack , re-installed Zen 2 , and my opinion has not changed much. Ball goes from feeling like a lead sinker to being too floaty , graphics are gorgeous , sound is pretty good . table designs feel " off " , it's a feeling I can't describe in words too well, the tables dont feel dynamic , Im aware Im playing a videogame pinball machine , whereas with TPA It feels like a pinball machine in real life . Zen's tables leave me feeling empty.

With you there Sinistar. I've tried going back to PFX2 a couple of times now, after playing TPA. It's just dull.

However, I wouldn't agree that the sound is pretty good. I would have to say that the generic sounds and VO work have always been the weakest part of PFX2. It was always attracting complaints on the Zen forums. The cheesy Marvel riffs soon become painful, and the sound doesn't direct the player well at all. Come to think of it, clear player direction is almost non-existent on most of the tables I've played.

Yes graphics are good, but again I think standards slipped after the initial PFX2 core tables and initial Marvel pack. With further releases, lighting doesn't seem as polished, and tables are swathed in extreme colour overload.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012

Have you tried Sorcerer's Lair? To me, that one feels like a table that could easily be one in real life (albeit with a couple tweaks). I spent a lot of time this weekend playing it and loved it.

That's in stark contrast to the four initial tables for Zen and Zen 2, which I did not (and do not) like.

Tabe

N

Nik Barbour

Just discovered Android Zen has a table free view mode, exactly like the xbox version. Been playing this for 2 months and didn't know it was there.
Just press and keep your finger on the camera button, then the devices tilt sensors pan you around the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts