Ÿour LEAST favorite tables?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Vindication! Hmmmm...a lack of cricket chirps now. LOL

I truly enjoy each and every table on TPA. The truth is everyone in these forum threads has been naming tables I either played and enjoyed or would want to play. All jokes aside....I don't think I ever really played a bad real table. Some are better than others, but in the end pinball is what it is and you have to like it for it.

I find we get can get so defensive that we will defend our favorite tables like you would do for your favorite super hero when you were a kid. :)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I just cant get into star trek tng. I suck at this table. I suck so bad, that I don't even want to try to get better at it. its not the theme either, I love star trek. I probably played it less than a dozen times.

for some reason don't care for circus voltaire or funhouse. I don't hate them, I just don't play them.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just cant get into star trek tng. I suck at this table. I suck so bad, that I don't even want to try to get better at it.

Could it be due to the fact that 20% of the table is ok to hit, but the remaining 80% means instadrain? Seriously, it's the only table where I am scared to shoot at something. The only table where I cradle the ball, and still feel dread.

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Could it be due to the fact that 20% of the table is ok to hit, but the remaining 80% means instadrain? Seriously, it's the only table where I am scared to shoot at something. The only table where I cradle the ball, and still feel dread.

You are not alone Fungi. I love the table, but I am having similar issues as you are with the table. Then I listen to PinballWiz45b on TS3 and he is owning the table in the PC beta. He has a half Nelson Chicken Wing on that table, and the table is crying Uncle...Uncle. I then start to wonder what the heck am I doing wrong as he keeps updating his ever rising obscene score to me!!!??? LOL So some of our members are just eating the table. Others of us are solidly being kicked in the middle of the legs by the table. I am unfortunately in the latter category. :D

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
I'm not even sorry.

ON TOPIC:

Central Park: I like me some challenging tables every once in a while, but this one is just a bit too ridiculous. Or maybe I'm just bringing the hate I had towards it on PHOF Gottlieb. Whatever the case, not a fan of this one.

White Water -- I'm probably gonna catch a lot of flak for this, but this one I honestly didn't enjoy. Not saying it's bad, but it's not one I'd see myself playing over and over. Don't see the appeal, honestly. And I love Nordman's other tables (even Dr. Dude, if only for the late 80s cheesiness)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=WOZctJXX8I0&p=n

White Water -- I'm probably gonna catch a lot of flak for this, but this one I honestly didn't enjoy. Not saying it's bad, but it's not one I'd see myself playing over and over. Don't see the appeal, honestly. And I love Nordman's other tables (even Dr. Dude, if only for the late 80s cheesiness)

You know, I used to love WH20. Until I entered the tournament and practically killed it. Seriously, the only thing I like in it now is 5x Playfield... Indianapolis 500 is a lot better.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I'm not even sorry.

ON TOPIC:

Central Park: I like me some challenging tables every once in a while, but this one is just a bit too ridiculous. Or maybe I'm just bringing the hate I had towards it on PHOF Gottlieb. Whatever the case, not a fan of this one.

I'm not really that much of a fan of Central Park either but I don't find it ultra-challenging. Are you using nudge? This table relies heavily on nudging to keep the ball alive. When I want to annoy my family I turn the volume all the way up on this one.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
My least played is going nuts but my least favorite is Harley D. Something about that game angers me.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I'm opposite: I dislike Goin' Nuts more than Harley but I play Goin' Nuts more often. I think because Goin' Nuts is still pretty new I'm trying to find a way to like it.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
What is with all the Dr Dude hate???? You're all nerds! oh well, guess I can't expect everyone to always be excellent and never be rude, cuz I love Dr Dude! And did I hear someone say Party Zone sucked? I can't even bring myself to reply with quote on that.

My least favorite is Goin Nuts.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I like Goin' Nuts for a fun example of a machine playing outside the lines. I like Harley for a fun flip-no-think machine. Good machine to play with a beginner because it is easy to get multi ball going and the machine tells you what to aim for. Every table in TPA I can think of reasons why I like them.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
You know some of the newer releases lately are extra ball gifts galore. Perhaps it's the table of the era but Whirlwind can give you extra balls left and right. Championship pub if you're good at plunging for the mystery door (Don't know the actual name) You can get a random extra ball lit. The spitting gallery get's lit a lot too and it seem every other one gives can give you an EB. These don't really reflect my best scores though.

Perhaps it's just one of those off days but it seems that every table I've been playing lately are out-lane monsters. I have not had a single decent play today compared to other days. I guess that's pinball for you.

Even Scared Stiff bugged out on me and I had a 500m point score. I think it was terror from the crate mode and the crate was still lit even when the ball drained. couldn't call the attendant so I was forced to tilt. The 'Tilt' Froze the game so i couldn't continue. On my first ball and still had 2-3 extra balls waiting on me. Another table with easy extra ball accessibility.

Well I digress. I'm trying to understand the allure of Dr. Dude. It's not a table that I can get into.

Goin' Nutts is not out on the PS3 to comment but I've played it on my little SGS3 and it seems and interesting take. Will have to see what I think about it when it's released. Possibly this Tuesday.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Harley for me is pretty boring, not enough gimmicks for me on the table. RBION just frustrates me, so I'm not crazy about it either.

Dr. Dude is total cheese, but I have a fondness for that era, so I still go to it a bit more than some of the other tables.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Yeah alpha numeric tables hand out extra balls like candy in this game. I always play the DMD tables because of that

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Three pages and the horrid pinball design that is Cactus Canyon hasn't even gotten a mention? I find the pop ups in the middle of the field bad, and the music annoys me to no end.

That said, I don't know why the constant whoocha whoocha of Goin Nuts doesn't bother me, but that's the case. I like that game just fine.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
My least favorite table is CPub. The game has no appeal to me on TPA or IRL. That's the great thing about TPA, there's something for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts