A letter I sent to farsight. How do you feel about EM's

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Sent from my iPad
Hello, I know one of the reasons you guys are doing the pinball arcade is to preserve pinball history and restore the tables to their original glory. But, Do you think you could show some love to the EM machines? Remember they were the machines that really got pinball as popular as it was. In the 80's and 90's is when pinball declined. I'm 64 yrs old and bought everyone of your tables but there's no more excitement then when I get my hands on an old EM I played as a kid.

Thanks Gary Copestake

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I'd also like some more classic 70s stuff with the difficulty ramped to 29, some real shooters tables in that era

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Usually about the sixth table the last two seasons they have done the EM double pack, hoping to see Abra Ca Dabra/Card Whiz(2p)/Royal Flush(4p) or Ship Ahoy(Add-a-Ball)/Jumping Jack(2p)/Jack-in-a-Box(4p). I know others have been asking for Spirit of '76. Other tables on my EM wish list: Quick Draw(2p)/Fast Draw(4p), Atlantis, Hot Line, Big Hit, World Fair, Bank Shot, King of Diamonds, Surfer(2p)/Surf Champ(4p), Volley, Jungle Princess(2p)/Jungle Queen(4p), Slick Chick, Sky Jump, Grand Prix and Space Mission.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I post an EM request every now and then on their Facebook page. I love EMs too, especially the 1970's era pins.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Just got this for my answer

We have recently started releasing an EM pack per season. :) We hope to release another EM pack for Season 7 soon. :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we must be drinking the same water us older bludgers, my no 1 dream is a full season of EMs , but reality says 1 2 pack per season is it !!!I think for myself the era from 1965 to 1985 was the most fun !!!! :cool::p:cool:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I’ve been looking for “Spirit of 76” since the first season. This was a very popular table in its day (combined production with “Pioneer” — the two player version — exceeded 14,000 units). The table has also received quite of bit of exposure in emulation as it was included in the (long defunct) “Microsoft Pinball Arcade” package.

It’s continued abscence in TPA is at this point glaring to the extreme.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Spirit of 76 is certainly my top choice and it seems to lead most of the various EM polls. I'm hoping for that paired with Atlantis. Royal Flush, Surf Champ, Abra Cadabra and Jack in the Box would be great after that.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
The golden age of pinball was in the 70s and early 80s so I really want to see more of these pins in TPA. Can't get enough EMs and early SSs.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah, I like to mix em up a bit. I'm partial for the early 80th but anything goes :)

It is the change of pace that makes it challenging, not a lode stone of rules... heh.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Space Mission, Abracadabra, Gusher, And Royal Flush are my top picks, along with bringing over the rest of the EM's from past collections.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here's a bunch I like in no particular order.
Surf Champ, Buccaneer, Vulcan, Triple Strike, Abra Ca Dabra, Spirit of 76, Joker Poker, Royal Flush, Grand Slam, High Hand, Volley, Atlantis, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Hokus Pokus, Wizard!, Evel Knievel, Capt Fantastic Brown Dirt Cowboy, Pro-Football, Grand Prix.
There's 20. I'm sure I'm missing a lot that I really like. There are just so many good ones.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak wow that`s a great bunch !!! we can only hope !!! imagine if if if Farsight brought out a full season of EMs , I`d knock myself out !!!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kolchak wow that`s a great bunch !!! we can only hope !!! imagine if if if Farsight brought out a full season of EMs , I`d knock myself out !!!!:cool:

I doubt we will ever see a full season of EMs. Just not popular enough I guess. But if they keep giving us 2 good ones every season, I'll be happy enough. But it's fun to dream.

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Here's a bunch I like in no particular order.
Surf Champ, Buccaneer, Vulcan, Triple Strike, Abra Ca Dabra, Spirit of 76, Joker Poker, Royal Flush, Grand Slam, High Hand, Volley, Atlantis, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Hokus Pokus, Wizard!, Evel Knievel, Capt Fantastic Brown Dirt Cowboy, Pro-Football, Grand Prix.
There's 20. I'm sure I'm missing a lot that I really like. There are just so many good ones.

Great list Kolchak. We basically need every pin made in the 70s whether it be an EM or SS. I am not too greedy. :D

Members online

Members online