A new app on the way from Stern and Farsight

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Great news, but is this just going to separate or are they coming to PA, with goals and everything sometime?

Also, do bring this to PC and other platforms, Farsight. I wanna play Star Trek and Iron Man real bad.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Nice news to wake up to thats for sure.So this means all stern tables including TSPP will be on a seperate app now.So will Farsight still be in charge of pricing each table?
My head is spinning with all the possibilities now lol

This is complete speculation on my part but I would think that all of the pre-SAM tables would go in Pinball Arcade. It just seems like there would be a lot of backlash if tables like TSPP or Monopoly/RCT were only available on the new app but the table could be emulated on the older mobile devices.

But obviously it depends on what is specified in the contract.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Man, I don't visit the forum for one day & this major news hits? It figures.

Good news,BTW

No kidding! I'm working with limited internet access and this hits. Gonna do everything I can to get someone from FarSight to talk with me so that we can have something for the BlahCade and here.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Awesome news! Let's hope they don't get too crazy with the prices for tables.
And I also hope they will come on PC, we need them with dx11 ^^

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Awesome news! Let's hope they don't get too crazy with the prices for tables.
And I also hope they will come on PC, we need them with dx11 ^^

^ so everyone should stop saying "I will pay every price for xxx" " no matter the cost"
It might give them a false perception of the market

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
This brings up some questions,

1. Will there be different table models to buy? such as the LE and Premium editions?

2. What will the device requirements be to run the SAM/Spike emulation?

3. Will the current Stern tables in TPA eventually be moved to this new Stern app?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Wonder what the timeframe will be for each table?
Same like we have now in TPA or something else entirely

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I get some of the reasons of splitting up this into a seperate app. As a player who likes to compete for scores and HOF points, it's a bit disappointing. I would love to have all the tables into one app, even it that means that it won't run anymore on an old device. I didn't like the idea of a seperate "TPA at night" with PG/R-rated tables either. I would still like to know if that one is still gonna happen with this news.
Overall it's great offcourse to have more tables, especially now with the chance of getting tables that were out of TPA's license league. And I'm very relieved TPA got the nod, I would have hated to see ZEN tackle this. To each his own, but I don't like their physics.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`ve been up to my ears playing Forza 6 for the last 2 weeks,but what great news Stern tables on there way ,YAHOO !!!! the first 2 tables of season 5 great,heading for a great season.does it get any better !!!!:cool:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I seriously hope/pray we will be able to buy the tables outright - whatever the cost - although I think they should keep the price point reasonable so they don't dissuade the casual audience. I am dreading the thought of another (failed) token system - that would just suck the enjoyment out of this amazing announcement.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I seriously hope/pray we will be able to buy the tables outright - whatever the cost - although I think they should keep the price point reasonable so they don't dissuade the casual audience. I am dreading the thought of another (failed) token system - that would just suck the enjoyment out of this amazing announcement.

token system :(
That would suck big time
Yeah hopefully the tables are priced within the reach of most people

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.