A new app on the way from Stern and Farsight

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I hope they're working on the app simultaneously with the other versions, I don't wanna wait an unreasonably long time until this comes to PC.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Not really a surprise here. However this was released before the big announcement.

"Stern will start shipping the Game of Thrones pinball machines from September 15, 2015. However, with the starting price tag of $5,995 for the machine, this latest piece of merchandise is only for the die hard Game of Thrones fans. Although, there will be a digital version of it expected soon."

http://www.inquisitr.com/2414965/stern-pinball-releases-its-game-of-thrones-pinball-machine/

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Side note: There's also a rumor that a Jimi pin might be one of Stern's next machines. If that's true, I'm gonna be over the moon!

invitro

May 4, 2012
"Although, there will be a digital version of it expected soon."
Wowee! I wish I could tell for sure that that news (and it is news, I think) comes from Stern and not the article author.

A source for this article says: "Created by Stern Pinball, the machines are expected to start overseas shipping on Sept. 15 and will soon have a digital counterpart." The article date is 2015-09-11.
http://www.popsugar.com/tech/Game-Thrones-Pinball-Machine-38341442#photo-38341442

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Availability will be announced at the end of fall, according to the press release. You can paint that to be "soon" if you use a broad enough brush.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I'm really looking forward to this!
And I really wonder how they want to pull it off with the pricing etc.
With Stern probably seeing this mainly as a way to promote the physical game and to raise interest (for people to buy the game or to go out and seek a real table) I guess they will try to work out some free-2-play or token based model (I too hate tokens but I fear they might think it could be a good idea and for their purpose it might actually work).
Maybe they will have in-app purchases where 10 credits cost as much as 1 credit in the real world (so 10-15 for 1$ or so) in addition to free tokens you get over time or by clicking sponsored ads or whatever - I just really hope that they will offer an option to unlock the full table to free play / unlimited credits without ads for a reasonable price - say 11.99$ for Pro, 13.99$ for Premium and 15.99$ for LE and a discount pack containing all versions for say 35.99$.
I don't think we will see a "full unlock" for 3-5 dollars because Stern will not want this to be a cheap substitue for their real games.
I know times have changed and a lot of players consider anything that costs more than a few dollars (on mobile platforms anyway) to be too expensive - especially those with "it's just a pinball table" mindset that complain about 2.99$ for a ZEN Pinball FX2 table but personally I purchased all Pro Pinball games for ~50 bucks each back in the 90's and did not consider them overpriced at that time... so if the quality is right I'm willing to pay a premium price.
I just hope they don't mess this up... the idea is great and I'd love to get to play more modern Stern games that way but I wonder how this will work out in the end.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
NO NO NO tokens. Farsight tried that with Ghostbusters...was a dud. I don't care if each table is $15. Let me buy it once and be done with it.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It will be interesting to see when more details are announced how long or how many tables the SPA agreement is for.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.